The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II has got 5-7 years to have fun. Then he can settle down.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, if he follow his father's example he can enjoy decades of bachlor hood of course

Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Just so long as nothing happens to him in the meantime, remmeber he is the last TUT who can be the Furst.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Courtier

I hope that Albert, but also his sisters, do not wait so much to marry as their father did; and I hope they will all make equal weddings as well.. (isn't the ereditary prince of Furstenberg the perfect huasband for one of the girls, for example?)
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 AM
Administrator

I suppose the hereditairy prince of Fürstenberg's girlfriend has other thoughts about that
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
I hope that Albert, but also his sisters, do not wait so much to marry as their father did; and I hope they will all make equal weddings as well.. (isn't the ereditary prince of Furstenberg the perfect huasband for one of the girls, for example?)
The HP of Furstenberg would be a great match for one of the daughters, shame about her.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
The HP of Furstenberg would be a great match for one of the daughters, shame about her.
Yes, shame on those commoners who don't "know their place" and think they can get away with dating royals, instead of sticking to other members of the unwashed masses!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

fearghas,
" ... shame about her"...? What is wrong with Hereditary Prince of Furstenberg? Why is not he a suitable match for Princesses Thurn und Taxis?
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
fearghas,
" ... shame about her"...? What is wrong with Hereditary Prince of Furstenberg? Why is not he a suitable match for Princesses Thurn und Taxis?
I really must get used to using smilies so that I can communicate my tongue in cheek humour better.. When I said 'shame about her' I meant the HP Furstenbergs current girlfriend, who looks really nice by the way. I was trying to say that she was in the way of him marrying a real princess.. Such as one of the TUT girls.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I see ... Prince von Furstenberg and common girl is a rather usual situation nowadays.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Courtier

I always think that in France, Austria or Italy, there must be a lot of aristocratic and noble young men and women in order to match to the children of the Thurn and Taxis house, do you not think so?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Commoner

Dear All,
can you show me a website where I can read about this family's History?
They are my relatives (we have same ancestor(s) ).
Thank you.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Administrator

The TnT website: Thurn und Taxis: Startseite
The TnT genealogy: http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/thurn.html
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Princess Elisabeth is featured in the June issue of Vanity Fair magazine in an article called "A Bite Off the Upper Crust". Here is the link to the outtakes:
A Bite off the Upper Crust | vanityfair.com
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Thanks sugarbaby.

Articles & pictures like that make me want to turn communist asap. Being so exhibitionicticly promoting yourself as heir(ess) is too much for me and my calvinistic background I am afraid, we only miss Paris Hilton in the photo shoot.
However, the princess looks very good in her photo. In another picture she is photographeed with her cousin, a son of Maya Schönborn-Glachau.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

She's really a nice girl...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Courtier

here's a pic of the second wedding party of prince Giovanni Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragona and Ginevra Elkann in villa Ovazza, Moncalieri near Turin: I would say these girls are the TuT princesses with Tatiana Santo Domingo
http://www.dagospia.com/mediagallery...066/245875.htm
Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

yes: from right, they are Tatiana Santo Domingo, Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, Maria Theresia von Thurn und Taxis. I don't know who is the girl on the left.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
She's really a nice girl...
I really agree with you MAfan. She is nice.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Administrator

I don't know how long these links will last but here are the shots of Princess Elisabeth from the Vanity Fair link kindly provided by sugarbaby318...

Princess Elisabeth
Princess Elisabeth and cousin Alexander Flick

Tags
albrecht, fürstin gloria, german royalty, gloria, thurn und taxis