Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and pearls ...:wub::wub: Furstin Gloria seems to have a full agenda nowadays. The Thurn and Taxis Castle Festival is an annual event, isn't it?

Yes, it is, since 2003 it always takes place in July in the inner yard and
the park of the Thurn und Taxis castle in Regensburg :)

Nice pics. The Furstin has the most magnificent Pearl collection!

Last edited by a moderator:
any idea what is Prince Albert doing now?

Princess Gloria Thurn Und Taxis and Princess Alessandra Borghese attend Mapping the Studio - 'L'Uomo Vogue' Art Issue Opening Party at Palazzo Grassi on June 5, 2009 in Venice, Italy.
SipaPress

It appears that Furstin Gloria enjoyed staying in Venice. Wearing black stockings in summer..?:ermm: I am surprised to see her wearing a black-navy ensemble. It is summer ...

Pic 9.6.2009

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis having fun with Karl Lagerfeld at
the art fair "Art Basel" in Basel, Switzerland, June 9, 2009

-----> Pic :)

I was just looking at this picture from May of this year and I'm shocked at how bald Albert has gotten in the last 2 years!

Pic 29.6.2009

Gloria of Thurn und Taxis at the Bavarian Sport Award Prize
2009, Munich ICM, Neue Messe, Germany. June 29th, 2009

---------> Pic

WOW ..! Prince Albert is such tall man. As for growing baldness, I believe it is hereditary.
Furstin Gloria looks lovely in a drindl. I fail to understand her, shall we say, fondness of mixing the green colour with the pink one though. It tends to look awkward.

Treffen Sie Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis

Someone here who wants to meet Fürstin Gloria?

There is a charity auction by Stargebot - the (hopefully) happy winner will meet the Fürstin in person, including a photo-shooting :D after a performance of Pippi Langstrumph, July 19, 2009.

WOW !!! Furtsin Gloria and both Princesses joined ranks of the Maltese knights? I just dare to assume that mighty friends in Vatican helped a bit because no one can just buy his/her way into the Order of Malta ... or so I have heard ...

I have an uncle in the Knights of Malta. There seemed to be an awful lot of buying tables at various charity fundraisers involved when he was getting in. Now that he's in, there are any member of Uncle Francis meets the Pope photographs differentiated from one another by the the costumes/uniforms being worn by Uncle (some with capes!).

WOW !!! Furtsin Gloria and both Princesses joined ranks of the Maltese knights? I just dare to assume that mighty friends in Vatican helped a bit because no one can just buy his/her way into the Order of Malta ... or so I have heard ...

Al_bina, the article mentions that apart of Gloria 29 others were welcomed into the Order. That's quite a number, therefore it is probably not this difficult. Being a stout catholic should help of course. Just wondering why her son would not join in ...

Wiki has a good history of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta.
There are about 12,500 members, and, to quote, "Membership of the Order is by invitation only and solicitations are not entertained."

Al_bina, the article mentions that apart of Gloria 29 others were welcomed into the Order. That's quite a number, therefore it is probably not this difficult. Being a stout catholic should help of course. Just wondering why her son would not join in ...
While being a stout Roman Catholic may help a person to join the Order, having top Vatican officials among friends definitely contributes to speeding up the whole process. Given the fact that his mother and sisters joined the organization, one might assume that Prince Albert was given an opportunity to do so as well. Yet he decided to pass on it. ... interesting ...

I myself find Gloria very controversial, I have to confess. In one way she is so charismatic, funny and had of course those "crazy" stylings in the 80ies. My mother once met her and is til now enthused on her. Because she was very nice, warmhearted, funny and and above all naturally at the meeting. And she is a true entertainer, as we could see on carnival two years ago, when she sang on stage. ;)

But not long ago she gave an in my opinion TERRIBLE interview here in german television about her religious and political views and I only thought: "Gosh, that cannot be her true opinion."

Dierna, have you seen who's gonna benefit of the charity auction? Just a confirmation that the Fürstin is still very much into her religious/social views :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dierna, have you seen who's gonna benefit of the charity auction? Just a confirmation that the Fürstin is still very much into her religious/social views :ermm:

Well, I saw it. I didnt want to embezzle that she makes good and helpful things, but IMO such comments she stated in TV are just out of place (and mainly she was also contradictory with herself). But thats a too big issue for the thread here. I just wanted to state my opinion and altough I like a few "controversial" persons, for me shes too much. So, no cause to matter - you have your opinion, I have mine :flowers:

who will beneficiate of that auction? was it written in the article in german (that I can't read) ?

who will beneficiate of that auction? was it written in the article in german (that I can't read) ?

An organisation named "Vereinigung Lebensrecht e.V." - www.juristen-vereinigung-lebensrecht.de

Lebensrecht means the "right to live" and yes, its main concern is unborn live (abortion) and medically assisted suicide. Most of its approx. 1000 members are of the legal profession, but there are also other professions (theology, medicine ...).

Prince Albert has matured a lot. I would say that mustache does not particularly flatter him.

you just have to be catholic and part of the nobility (no friends in the Vatican needed:flowers:) so the thurn und taxis can roll in.

While being a stout Roman Catholic may help a person to join the Order, having top Vatican officials among friends definitely contributes to speeding up the whole process. Given the fact that his mother and sisters joined the organization, one might assume that Prince Albert was given an opportunity to do so as well. Yet he decided to pass on it. ... interesting ...

Prince Albert has matured a lot. I would say that mustache does not particularly flatter him.

I think, he's starting to resemble his father ;) But he seems to be a very nice guy, I saw a documentary, in which he gave an interview.

Albert TuT's interview

I think, he's starting to resemble his father ;) But he seems to be a very nice guy, I saw a documentary, in which he gave an interview.

Can you tell us more about this documentary, where and when have you seen it?
Danke ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom