Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 1 (February 2004 - July 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he would hurry up and get married, toa suitable noble woman, and have several sons. That way the TUT lin can be rejuvanated as he is there are very few others who could inherit the Furstin. I also think one of his sisters wold make a great wife for HD Guillaume of Luxembourg.

I'm the same age as Prince Albert, and personally I can't even imagine being married and having children at this age. Marriage and raising children are big enough jobs as it is, even without a royal bloodline and centuries of family history to try and uphold. I don't blame any of these unmarried princes and princesses who are in their 20's and early 30's for wanting to take their time in finding a suitable spouse.

Well it all depends on you doesn't it. When I was 25 I already had two children. My sister had 2 and my brother 1 by the time they were 25. I guess we are early breeders. Some potential spouses for him could include. Archduchess Constansa and Marie Christine. Princess Marie Annunciata, Sophie and Leopoldine of Liechtenstein and Princess Amalie of Brazil

studivz.net

Hi Teresa, thanks for your message. I found a short article about Albert and studivz.net in the german magazine "Schöne WOCHE" on 2nd of April 2008.
Lots of greetings to everybody here :flowers:

Dear GlitteringTiaras thank you very much for your PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert of Thurn und Taxis is young I would not blame him for waiting to find
the most suitable spouse no matter what her background is and children are
a life chancing process most of your time and focus and enegry must be on them.
And I think the prince is just not ready for that now when he is ready
he will wed and have children.

Last edited:
I would have to agree, theres no rush for him (or his sisters) to get married there young and the world is not going to end any time soon (hopefully).

Ah but a terrible accident could happen and the house of TUT is all but gone.

Pic 22.4.2008

Bob Colacello and Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis
attend a dinner to celebrate the opening of the seventh
Tribeca Film Festival at the state supreme courthouse
60 Centre Street, New York City - 22 April 2008 -

---> Pic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last year of Albert's schooling? I've seen that stated a few times, but does anyone have an idea what he will do after school? I can't picture him getting a 9 to 5 job. I keep expecting on the siblings to do something wild and crazy like their mother did.

Pics 20.5.&3.6.2008

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at the exhibition "Promenade" by
Richard Serra at the Grand Palais, Paris, France - 20 May 2008 -

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, her dog Lady and her mother
Countess Beatrix von Schoenburg - Glauchau at a press conference
during the presentation of the "Thurn und Taxis castle festival" in
Regensburg, Germany - 3 June 2008 -

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

How Gloria has changed!
Her outrageous antics and fashions of the 1980's certainly defined her then.
I admire her now for raising her three children in an admirable fashion (no scandel that I'm aware of involving any of the three kids) and single handedly pulling the House von Thurn und Taxis out of certain financial ruin.
I remember seeing a photo of her at Lourdes pushing the wheelchair of a sick person.
She seems to have certainly embraced her Catholicism and aims to do good by helping the needy when she could be living a life of doing nothing but flitting around the world attending social events.

Thanks Preity. This "Princess Caroline" pic was first posted at #34 back in January 2006, and was discussed in several posts from there to #57. She doesn't appear in the genealogies and is not a member of the Thurn und Taxis Princely House.

i know that of albert marries his wife will assume his titles, but what happens when his sisters marries a commoner will their spouse get a title and their children?

No their hisbands will only have the titles that they were born with, if any. I'm hoping that one of the sisters will becomes Herifitary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

a has said herself, that they are not reigning monarchy, but only ordinary citizens. I don't think they have the capacity, however, to be merely ordinary. I wonder what Johannes would think of his family today. He would probably wncourage them to be ad feivolous as possible. I think he created Gloria ad the partygirl she was known to be. I wonder if she dompares her son to his father. He has the same height and build, and is quite social . Wonder who Gloria hopes each of her children will marry? Is her Goddaughter Gloria to be saved for Albert? Will one of the girls marry a Monagasque? Or one of the UK princes?

When Johannes married Gloria, she was so young - I beleive she was working or a student - her family was not wealthy.
Upon marriage, she was thrust into the Eurotrash jetsetting lifestyle which Johannes enjoyed. It was either sink or swim. And swim she did! Besides giving birth to 3 children (including the required heir) she flitted around the world with her husband. She was everywhere! And outrageous. I think that Johannes got a real kick out of her antics.
His death was a real blow and Gloria grew up real fast. The kids seem to have turned out fine and Gloria has literally saved the house of von Thurn und Taxis from financial ruin.
Sometimes, there is a photo of one of the daughters wearing one of her crazy hats or jewelry from the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 16.6.2008

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at Valentino's launch of
"Les Arts Decoratifs" exhibit. Paris, France - 16.6.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

My choice of possible grooms forPrincss Marie Theresia and Elisabeth would be HGD Guillaime of Luxembourg or Felix. AD Amaedo of Austria Este, Prince Ludwig of Bavaria, the Ad johannes or Imre of Austria or the Hp of Furstenberg.. I've mentioned before good matches for Albert. I think the relgious difference would bar the Princess from marrying into the British or Swedish families.

Thanks Preity. This "Princess Caroline" pic was first posted at #34 back in January 2006, and was discussed in several posts from there to #57. She doesn't appear in the genealogies and is not a member of the Thurn und Taxis Princely House.

I found this information about Caroline of Thurn und Taxis:

Mode für Töchter aus gutem Haus « DiePresse.com

about two Austrian designers:

"Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis wollte sich mit ihnen treffen und ein paar Kleider anprobieren. Die nahm gleich ihre Schwester mit, und eine entfernte Verwandte aus Wien, Caroline von Thurn und Taxis, wurde ebenfalls Kundin."

It says that Elizabeth von Thurn und Taxis brought her sister to them to look for clothes and that their distant cousin from Vienna, Caroline, became a customer as well.

So it seems as if Caroline does somehow belong to the family.

I found this additional info:

promisgalerie

It's a report about the birthday celebration (70.) of prince Lamoral of Thurn und Taxis, where lots and lots of the "official" = pedigreed Thurn und Taxis were present as well as their relatives. Looks like the whole family tree gathered there except Gloria and her children. In between them all was "Viktor Thurn und Taxis", who is the father of this "Caroline". So I guess Viktor and his daughter do belong to the family, I just can't trace how and where they are placed ion the tree.

Last edited:
elisabeth and maria theresia have such a horrible taste of fashion it's just sad..plus maria schould drop a few pounds too she's a young woman and already overweight.too bad albert was not there he's at least something nice to look at

I hope I can age as gracefully as has Gloria, but I also hope my taste in fashion is a bit less outrageous.

It's a facinating family and even the financial magazine pay homage to the single-minded and singular financial mind that Gloria developed. The contrast is amazing.

I was going to suggest that Princess Gloria may have found herself a boyfriend (see this pic) but a quick check of Wiki shows that this politician cannot be a romantic interest. German members probably already know this. :D

warren, you are right. guido westerwelle has confessed in public that he's homosexual.

In case anybody is interested: This little girl called CHARLOTTA Flick isn´t the daughter of Maya Flick´s divorced marriage to Mr. Flick (from whom she has indeed another daughter who is handicapped in a way, don´t know whether mental or physical) but her daughter out of wedlock from her failed relationship with Mr. Claus Hipp (a wealthy german manager who produces baby-food). German newspapers say she wanted to keep him by her side by having a baby but it didn´t work.....She gave birth to Charlotta when she was already almost 46! years old.
Wonder what the Flick-family thinks of all that since the girl has the last name FLICK because it´s still her mothers´ last name after the divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom