The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
.. does anyone have an idea what he will do after school?
His job will be to learn the management of the family estates and finances.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 20.5.&3.6.2008

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at the exhibition "Promenade" by
Richard Serra at the Grand Palais, Paris, France - 20 May 2008 -

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, her dog Lady and her mother
Countess Beatrix von Schoenburg - Glauchau at a press conference
during the presentation of the "Thurn und Taxis castle festival" in
Regensburg, Germany - 3 June 2008 -

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 06-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Courtier

How Gloria has changed!
Her outrageous antics and fashions of the 1980's certainly defined her then.
I admire her now for raising her three children in an admirable fashion (no scandel that I'm aware of involving any of the three kids) and single handedly pulling the House von Thurn und Taxis out of certain financial ruin.
I remember seeing a photo of her at Lourdes pushing the wheelchair of a sick person.
She seems to have certainly embraced her Catholicism and aims to do good by helping the needy when she could be living a life of doing nothing but flitting around the world attending social events.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Commoner

On this site is a picture of Caroline von Thurn und Taxis:

Young Royals - Scans/Princess Caroline von Thurn und Taxis
Old 06-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Thanks Preity. This "Princess Caroline" pic was first posted at #34 back in January 2006, and was discussed in several posts from there to #57. She doesn't appear in the genealogies and is not a member of the Thurn und Taxis Princely House.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:12 AM

i know that of albert marries his wife will assume his titles, but what happens when his sisters marries a commoner will their spouse get a title and their children?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Courtier

No their hisbands will only have the titles that they were born with, if any. I'm hoping that one of the sisters will becomes Herifitary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM

a has said herself, that they are not reigning monarchy, but only ordinary citizens. I don't think they have the capacity, however, to be merely ordinary. I wonder what Johannes would think of his family today. He would probably wncourage them to be ad feivolous as possible. I think he created Gloria ad the partygirl she was known to be. I wonder if she dompares her son to his father. He has the same height and build, and is quite social . Wonder who Gloria hopes each of her children will marry? Is her Goddaughter Gloria to be saved for Albert? Will one of the girls marry a Monagasque? Or one of the UK princes?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Courtier

When Johannes married Gloria, she was so young - I beleive she was working or a student - her family was not wealthy.
Upon marriage, she was thrust into the Eurotrash jetsetting lifestyle which Johannes enjoyed. It was either sink or swim. And swim she did! Besides giving birth to 3 children (including the required heir) she flitted around the world with her husband. She was everywhere! And outrageous. I think that Johannes got a real kick out of her antics.
His death was a real blow and Gloria grew up real fast. The kids seem to have turned out fine and Gloria has literally saved the house of von Thurn und Taxis from financial ruin.
Sometimes, there is a photo of one of the daughters wearing one of her crazy hats or jewelry from the 80's.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

I found this article a while ago, I don't know if its been posted here or not but it talks about a future wedding and to who for all three of the children.

Nachrichten - Oberpfalz & Bayern - Bayern/Oberpfalz aus der MZ :: Mittelbayerische Zeitung :: www.mittelbayerische.de
Old 06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 16.6.2008

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis at Valentino's launch of
"Les Arts Decoratifs" exhibit. Paris, France - 16.6.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Courtier

My choice of possible grooms forPrincss Marie Theresia and Elisabeth would be HGD Guillaime of Luxembourg or Felix. AD Amaedo of Austria Este, Prince Ludwig of Bavaria, the Ad johannes or Imre of Austria or the Hp of Furstenberg.. I've mentioned before good matches for Albert. I think the relgious difference would bar the Princess from marrying into the British or Swedish families.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Thanks Preity. This "Princess Caroline" pic was first posted at #34 back in January 2006, and was discussed in several posts from there to #57. She doesn't appear in the genealogies and is not a member of the Thurn und Taxis Princely House.
I found this information about Caroline of Thurn und Taxis:

Mode für Töchter aus gutem Haus « DiePresse.com

about two Austrian designers:

"Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis wollte sich mit ihnen treffen und ein paar Kleider anprobieren. Die nahm gleich ihre Schwester mit, und eine entfernte Verwandte aus Wien, Caroline von Thurn und Taxis, wurde ebenfalls Kundin."

It says that Elizabeth von Thurn und Taxis brought her sister to them to look for clothes and that their distant cousin from Vienna, Caroline, became a customer as well.

So it seems as if Caroline does somehow belong to the family.

I found this additional info:

promisgalerie

It's a report about the birthday celebration (70.) of prince Lamoral of Thurn und Taxis, where lots and lots of the "official" = pedigreed Thurn und Taxis were present as well as their relatives. Looks like the whole family tree gathered there except Gloria and her children. In between them all was "Viktor Thurn und Taxis", who is the father of this "Caroline". So I guess Viktor and his daughter do belong to the family, I just can't trace how and where they are placed ion the tree.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 20.+21.6.2008

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and daughters attended the
pre-wedding ball at the Cadaval Palace in Evora and the
wedding of Prince Charles Philippe of Orleans and Diana
Duchesse of Cadaval in Portugal - 20+21/06/08.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The thread dedicated to the wedding can be found here:

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and Diana, Duchess of Cadaval, 21 June 2008
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 AM

elisabeth and maria theresia have such a horrible taste of fashion it's just sad..plus maria schould drop a few pounds too she's a young woman and already overweight.too bad albert was not there he's at least something nice to look at
Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Courtier

I hope I can age as gracefully as has Gloria, but I also hope my taste in fashion is a bit less outrageous.

It's a facinating family and even the financial magazine pay homage to the single-minded and singular financial mind that Gloria developed. The contrast is amazing.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Getty
Thurn and Taxis Castle Festival Opening, 11 July 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Administrator

I was going to suggest that Princess Gloria may have found herself a boyfriend (see this pic) but a quick check of Wiki shows that this politician cannot be a romantic interest. German members probably already know this.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Commoner

warren, you are right. guido westerwelle has confessed in public that he's homosexual.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Courtier

In case anybody is interested: This little girl called CHARLOTTA Flick isn´t the daughter of Maya Flick´s divorced marriage to Mr. Flick (from whom she has indeed another daughter who is handicapped in a way, don´t know whether mental or physical) but her daughter out of wedlock from her failed relationship with Mr. Claus Hipp (a wealthy german manager who produces baby-food). German newspapers say she wanted to keep him by her side by having a baby but it didn´t work.....She gave birth to Charlotta when she was already almost 46! years old.
Wonder what the Flick-family thinks of all that since the girl has the last name FLICK because it´s still her mothers´ last name after the divorce.