The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Hm, do you think that she can do whatever she wants because noone has to pay for her?
Because that is the reason I see why she can do these kind of things and Queen Elizabeth can't

Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Gentry

Nice news about Prince Albert doing well in his racing . . . and nice to see Princess Gloria having fun (and my how her fashion has changed for the better since her 80's heyday).

Another question . . . . who is next in line to be the head of the Thurn und Taxis family after Prince Albert (that is until Prince Albert sires a legit male heir)?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Gentry

Hello, On my thread Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and Marie Louise "Lilly" Fashion and Style ,

you will find many pictures of GLORIA, her daughters, and her sister MAYA. Enjoy and many greetings, :)
A Friend
Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Courtier

I wish he would hurry up and get married, toa suitable noble woman, and have several sons. That way the TUT lin can be rejuvanated as he is there are very few others who could inherit the Furstin. I also think one of his sisters wold make a great wife for HD Guillaume of Luxembourg.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Since Gloria married a man who was more than 30 years her senior I wouldnt be surprised if one of her daughters made a similar match with permission of mama. In case the future husband is noble (what I think Gloria will insist on!) it wont matter if hes old or strange or so. A young woman who married a man like Johannes IMO doesnt find it a bit strange if one of her daughters does the same.
In case of Albert: I fear hell marry very late in life (guess not before hes at least 35 or so) Might happen that he wont even have a son. I find it dangerous, if a dynasty only has one heir. Look at the Persian royal family: Only Cyrus is married so far and has only daughters. The same with Spain, the same with Monaco, Norway......
I remember this strange wedding between Ariane Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Dixon Boardman. Hes more than 30 years her senior and Ira Fuerstenberg even approved and sustained Ariane to marry him......!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM

Albert is registered at studivz.net

Congenial
Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 1.4.2008

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and her mother countess
Beatrix von Schoenburg-Glauchau at the exhibition " Jewels of
the princes of Thurn und Taxis" at the bavarian national museum
in Munich, Germany, April 1, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Does Albert have to marry a noble woman according to family rules or is it just something his mother will insist upon?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Iceflower, thank you for that interesting information. The exhibit looks great, especially as it is connected with the main exhibit of clothes and accessory of the "galant" age: French Rgence to British Regency. I decided to take friday morning off and will go to see the exhibit.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas athina View Post
Does Albert have to marry a noble woman according to family rules..?
See post #84.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you, Warren. I forgot that I had read that previously.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
I wish he would hurry up and get married, toa suitable noble woman, and have several sons. That way the TUT lin can be rejuvanated as he is there are very few others who could inherit the Furstin. I also think one of his sisters wold make a great wife for HD Guillaume of Luxembourg.
I'm the same age as Prince Albert, and personally I can't even imagine being married and having children at this age. Marriage and raising children are big enough jobs as it is, even without a royal bloodline and centuries of family history to try and uphold. I don't blame any of these unmarried princes and princesses who are in their 20's and early 30's for wanting to take their time in finding a suitable spouse.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Well it all depends on you doesn't it. When I was 25 I already had two children. My sister had 2 and my brother 1 by the time they were 25. I guess we are early breeders. Some potential spouses for him could include. Archduchess Constansa and Marie Christine. Princess Marie Annunciata, Sophie and Leopoldine of Liechtenstein and Princess Amalie of Brazil
Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Gentry

studivz.net

Hi Teresa, thanks for your message. I found a short article about Albert and studivz.net in the german magazine "Schne WOCHE" on 2nd of April 2008.
Lots of greetings to everybody here

Dear GlitteringTiaras thank you very much for your PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Are you talking about this article? I love online translators, such a wonderful thing, really.
Fürst Albert von Thurn und Taxis (24) – Freunde-Suche bei „Studi VZ“ - Bild.de
Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Courtier

Prince Albert of Thurn und Taxis is young I would not blame him for waiting to find
the most suitable spouse no matter what her background is and children are
a life chancing process most of your time and focus and enegry must be on them.
And I think the prince is just not ready for that now when he is ready
he will wed and have children.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 04-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

I would have to agree, theres no rush for him (or his sisters) to get married there young and the world is not going to end any time soon (hopefully).
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Courtier

Ah but a terrible accident could happen and the house of TUT is all but gone.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 22.4.2008

Bob Colacello and Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis
attend a dinner to celebrate the opening of the seventh
Tribeca Film Festival at the state supreme courthouse
60 Centre Street, New York City - 22 April 2008 -

---> Pic
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last year of Albert's schooling? I've seen that stated a few times, but does anyone have an idea what he will do after school? I can't picture him getting a 9 to 5 job. I keep expecting on the siblings to do something wild and crazy like their mother did.