Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 1 (February 2004 - July 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceflower, thank you very much for the pics :flowers:

As for Gloria: she is the princess (German: Fuerstin) of Thurn und Taxis, she was born a countess (German: Gräfin) and married up.

Last edited by a moderator:
When ever I see a recent photo of Princess Gloria, I am struck by how conservative she is now. I remember her youth as Princess TNT! What a difference. Thanks for the photos!

Pics 14.10.2007

Thanks, Jo of Palatine, I did not pay enough attention to the
caption that was given..:)

Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis celebrates with his mother
Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis his podium for the team
Reiter Engineering after the final race of the German Touring
Car Championship DTM at the "Hockenheimring" race track.
GERMANY -14/10/2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

GLORIA and LILLY Fashion and Style

Hello,

On

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...s-marie-louise-lilly-fashion-style-14474.html ,

I have started a thread about fashion and style of Germany's two former punk princesses GLORIA and LILLY. It contents many links to pictures on which you can see the two ladies in "royal" and crazy outfits.

More links to pictures (or to videos) are welcome.
Enjoy and many greetings, :)

A Friend

1. Gloria of Thurn and Taxis during the opening of the exhibition "With Gloss
and Gloria!"
This is Gloria von Thurn und Taxis... :eek: I believe that wild fashion days are over.

This is Gloria von Thurn und Taxis... :eek: I believe that wild fashion days are over.
Oh yes, Gloria TNT had a 're-awakening' religion wise (what the evangelicals in the USA call being born again) after the death of her husband. She is a personal friend of long standing of the new Pope, and is quite the dinner guest in demand in Rome. However in addition to Gloria's wild 'extended youth', there have been persistant rumors of a lesbian relationship with equally religious Princess Borghese. An interesting conundrum, dont you think?

Indeed. speechless and breathless.

Hockenheimring

Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis celebrates with his mother Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis his podium for the team Reiter Engineering after the final race of the German Touring Car Championship DTM
Hi iceflower, thank you for the 3 pics from Fotobanka isifa image service
:flowers: Lots of greetings to all of you

Pics 15.11.2007

Welcome at the forums, Adelheid :)
Here are the newest pics:
Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and her mother countess Beatrix von
Schoenburg Glauchau play at the dress rehearsal at the operetta 'Im
Weissen Roessl" at the opera in Bonn, Germany, 15 November 2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Bonn

Dear iceflower, thanks for your welcome greetings and for the nice new pics from Bonn. :flowers:

Regarding your Pic 1: were you eventually in Bonn yourself? :)

HSH Princess Daria von Thurn und Taxis

Her Serene Highness Princess Daria Maria Gabriele von Thurn und Taxis (b. March 6, 1962) is the only daughter of Prince Franz vonThurn und Taxis by his second marriage with his cousin Princess Mafalda von Thurn und Taxis, both deceased, sister of the late Furst Johannes, who married Countess Mariae Gloria von Schonburg-Glauchau. While Princess Gloria and her children are very well-known, I have not seen many references to Princess Daria, or even her photo, either online or in any magazine. Can anyone tell me a little bit about her. What sort of a person is she? What are her interests? Does she associate with other aristocratic families in Germany?

Pics 12.12.2007

Dear iceflower, thanks for your welcome greetings and for the nice new pics from Bonn. :flowers:

Regarding your Pic 1: were you eventually in Bonn yourself? :)
Indeed, I was, Adelheid :flowers: and you are very welcome! :flowers:

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis , her daugther Elisabeth and her
brother Alexander Graf von Schoenburg - Glauchau at the presentation
of the Tea-Time collection of Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis in the
store "The Corner" . Berlin, GERMANY -12/12/2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 18.1.2008

That's a very nice finding, a friend :)

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis with her son Albert, daughter Elisabeth
and her mother during a carnival session on January 18, 2008 in
Aachen, Germany. Gloria von Thurn und Taxis is the fourth woman
which is decorated with the annual awarded carnival medal 'Wider
den tierischen Ernst'.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I saw the show from Aachen on TV tonight. I thought it was quite inappropriate for a royal like Gloria to be such a big part of the whole thing.
It somehow seemed to ridicule her position. What do you think about it? If, like, Crownprincess Mary or Queen Elizabeth or Crownprince Felipe did something like that, I'd be quite...shocked or so.

I saw the show from Aachen on TV tonight. I thought it was quite inappropriate for a royal like Gloria to be such a big part of the whole thing.
It somehow seemed to ridicule her position. What do you think about it? If, like, Crownprincess Mary or Queen Elizabeth or Crownprince Felipe did something like that, I'd be quite...shocked or so.

This order is one of the most valued in Germany. She shares it with the most distinguished personalities of Germany. Plus she is just a "Fuerstin", a ancient social position which no longer has any real meaning in Germany of today. So she is honoured by being awarded this price, she really is!

Pics 19.1.2008

Helen88, Gloria and her family can't really be compared to royal families in
countries with acting monarchy, she not in the spotlight like the royals
you've mentioned, so she can do what she wants and no one really cares ;)
Actually if you look back at the 1980s when she was in the prime of her
punk life, you'll notice the big difference..:)

Here are some pics from Saturday at the show in Aachen:
Me personally I did not like her appearance either, but she
showed humour and spirit and that's what was wanted.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Fully sharing the opinion of icelower, I would like to noted that Furstin Gloria comes across as a happy energetic lady. She can do whatever her heart desires as von Thurn-und-Taxis is not an acting royal house. I am sure that Furstin Gloria knows her limits very well.
Special thanks to iceflower for pictures !:flowers:

Last edited:
I'm not fond of her outfit, but she looks like she is having a great time and is very happy.

Hm, do you think that she can do whatever she wants because noone has to pay for her?
Because that is the reason I see why she can do these kind of things and Queen Elizabeth can't ;)

Nice news about Prince Albert doing well in his racing . . . and nice to see Princess Gloria having fun (and my how her fashion has changed for the better since her 80's heyday).

Another question . . . . who is next in line to be the head of the Thurn und Taxis family after Prince Albert (that is until Prince Albert sires a legit male heir)?

I wish he would hurry up and get married, toa suitable noble woman, and have several sons. That way the TUT lin can be rejuvanated as he is there are very few others who could inherit the Furstin. I also think one of his sisters wold make a great wife for HD Guillaume of Luxembourg.

Since Gloria married a man who was more than 30 years her senior I wouldn´t be surprised if one of her daughters made a similar match with permission of mama. In case the future husband is noble (what I think Gloria will insist on!) it won´t matter if he´s old or strange or so. A young woman who married a man like Johannes IMO doesn´t find it a bit strange if one of her daughters does the same.
In case of Albert: I fear he´ll marry very late in life (guess not before he´s at least 35 or so) Might happen that he won´t even have a son. I find it dangerous, if a dynasty only has one heir. Look at the Persian royal family: Only Cyrus is married so far and has only daughters. The same with Spain, the same with Monaco, Norway......
I remember this strange wedding between Ariane Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Dixon Boardman. He´s more than 30 years her senior and Ira Fuerstenberg even approved and sustained Ariane to marry him......!!!!

Pics 1.4.2008

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and her mother countess
Beatrix von Schoenburg-Glauchau at the exhibition " Jewels of
the princes of Thurn und Taxis" at the bavarian national museum
in Munich, Germany, April 1, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Does Albert have to marry a noble woman according to family rules or is it just something his mother will insist upon?

Iceflower, thank you for that interesting information:flowers:. The exhibit looks great, especially as it is connected with the main exhibit of clothes and accessory of the "galant" age: French Régence to British Regency. I decided to take friday morning off and will go to see the exhibit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom