The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria_89
so are they a recognized royal family /title or do people just use it out of respect?
The Thurn und Taxis are a Princely Family. They were ennobled in 1512, and became Princes of the Holy Roman Empire in 1681 and 1695.
'Recognition' of their titles and style of Serene Highness is up to the individual.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Photo Credit: Schneider Press/Sipa Press

Forbes Magazine lists Albert as one of the world's wealthiest bachelors:

Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Commoner

thanks for those scans!

but does anyone know the latest on albert besides his net worth he's very very difficult to find anything on
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I read in a book about Empress Elizabeth of Austria ("Sissi"), that her elder sister, Helena, married a Thurn-und-Taxis ...Someone knows something more concrete about this couple or have some photos of them? I search them, but I couldn't find anything.

Of course...Thanks for those who finds a little info or a pic and would post them here.

Vanesa.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Helene TnT, neé in Bavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I read in a book about Empress Elizabeth of Austria ("Sissi"), that her elder sister, Helena, married a Thurn-und-Taxis.
The Empress Elisabeth came from a large family of nine children of the Dukes in Bavaria branch of the Wittelsbachs.
Her elder sister, Duchess Helene (1834-1890), married in 1858 Maximilian Anton (1831-1867), Hereditary Prince (Erbprinz) of Thurn und Taxis, eldest son of Fürst Maximilian Karl, the 6th Prince. Their children:

• Fürst Maximilian Maria (1862-1885)
• Fürst Albert (1867-1952) married Archduchess Margarethe of Austria
• Princess Luisa (1859-1948) married Prince Friedrich of Hohenzollern (-Sigmaringen)
• Princess Elisabeth (1860-1881) married Infante Miguel of Portugal, Duke of Bragança, Pretender to the throne of Portugal.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Thank you, Warren. Your info is very useful for me. I didn't know that the littlest Helene's daughter was married to the Infante Miguel Bragança of Portugal, pretender of the throne...And she named her daughter after her famous sister, "Elizabeth". It seems that the Wittelsbachs were a very united family...:)

Vanesa.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Commoner

2006 european fia gt3

albert placed 13th racing for Reiter Engineering

pics from the race

http://www.reiter-engineering.com/en...stone_eng.html

ps i have no idea whats going on with the sideburns thing < ed. Warren >
Old 05-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn und Taxis

courtesy http://www.reiter-engineering.com/en...stone_eng.html#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prince Albert May06.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	244865  
Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

"she still has her "Pilgrimage to Lourdes" hairstyle, which I find a bit sackcloth and ashes."
it looks like my after chemo haircut, has she had cancer?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Commoner

i dont think shes had cancer her hairs roughly been like that since c. early 90s
Old 05-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

from Hola :

A party hosted by the Thurn und Taxis a few days ago.
Andrea & Pierre Casiraghi with their girlfriends were also there

Andrea Casiraghi & Tatiana Santo-Domingo

Pierre Casiraghi

ps. I'm not quite sure when & where this event is, so perhaps someone can give a bit more information?
Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneve_valois
albert placed 13th racing for Reiter Engineering
You'd think the insurance premiums would scare most companies away from letting him race in their cars. That's what's stopping the current Earl of Pembroke and Montgomery. I can't help but wonder what Gloria thinks about her only son taking up the sport.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Commoner

everyones talking bout gloria and her children heres a link to an intresting bit bout glorias late husband (hes near the bottom) hit the back button for the groups background

http://home.planet.nl/~reijd050/orga...mbers_list.htm

i havent manage to find much bout that party has anyone else but im guessing it happened in paris
Old 06-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Gentry

Sophie of Bavaria

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how Princess Sophie of Leichtenstein (Bavaria) and the Thurn und Taxi families are related since Princess Gloria is of the Bavarian Royal family also?

Thank You.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidmarion
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how Princess Sophie of Leichtenstein (Bavaria) and the Thurn und Taxi families are related since Princess Gloria is of the Bavarian Royal family also?

Thank You.
Is Gloria related to the Bavarian Royals? I only knew that she was a Countess Schoenburg-Glauchau which was not Bavarian but Saxonian nobility. I've never heard of any relations to the Bavarian Royals. It is true that Duchess Helene in Bavaria (though from a minor branch of the Wittelsbachs, she was the sister of empress Elisabeth (Sissi) and a grand-daughter of the Bavarian king through her mother, princess Ludovica von Bayern) married into the house of Thurn und Taxis, thus there is a relation dating back to about 150 years ago, but with Gloria? I don't know....
Old 06-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Gentry

Thank You anyway, I think I might be a little confused. I read somewhere just recently that her late husband Johannes was somehow related to the Bavarian Royals. I may have understood incorrectly however, I do know that she now has a home/castle in Bavaria! Perhaps I am wrong. I'll research that more thoroughly and attentively. Thank You ..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Gentry

The late Prince Johannes and the Bavarians are also related through the Royal House of Portugal (Johannes mother was a Portugese Princess). But there is no direct blood line connecting Gloria and the Bavarians.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

The Thurn und Taxis are based in Regensburg, which is in Bavaria, which may have contributed to the confusion.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Gentry

The Thurn und Taxis

Ahh,

I can see how a newbie like me could confuse oneself. Thank You both Katie and Warren for placing this all into perspective about this family for me. I'll keep "plugging" away at all these families relations. :-) :p

Cheers
MM
Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

There was a question recently on the American game show Jeopardy! about the world's youngest billionaire (I don't quite remember the wording) and the answer referred to a Prince in this family. I was out of the room and didn't hear the correct answer ... does anybody know?