Princely House of Schwarzenberg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose this explains the attitude of Prince Karel towards his cousin Elisabeth von Pezold and her actions to get back the family properties, that were confiscated in 1945; if he wants to be elected President, of course he won't support Elisabeth's claims.

I suppose this explains the attitude of Prince Karel towards his cousin Elisabeth von Pezold and her actions to get back the family properties, that were confiscated in 1945; if he wants to be elected President, of course he won't support Elisabeth's claims.

I donť think so.

Maybe the reason is: She donť understand that those properties arenť their wealth, but that they are administrators of it - that´s how he understand the role of aristocracy. Not owners just administrators of properties. And of course properties she wants are big national heritage, she simply cannot get them back. and then sold it to have a lot of money or whatever...
On the other hand his reason for his attitude may be, that he is mainly Czech (proud to be Czech), one of founders of democratic regime and czech politician... That´s nothing in common with his candidature...but with czech nationality. I think....

Karel Schwarzenberg, head of princely house, czech foreign minister and candidate to presidental post will for 99% go to the second round of presidental election. Actually 7/8 of votes are known and now only results in big cities are not know, where he has big support. So I guess it is clear now.
Next round, where he will be together with Milos Zeman, will be held in two weeks.

Karl Schwarzenberg didn't win in second election so we won't see a Czech president with noble title.... It's a pity...

HSH Princess Amalie zu Schwarzenberg, née Princess von Lobkowicz, passed away on 3 April 2013 aged 92.

Amalie was born on 25 January 1921 in Unterberkovic, the second of the four daughters of Prince Leopold von Lobkowicz (1888-1933) and of his wife, née Princess Franziska von Montenuovo (1893-1972).
She married on 23 May 1944 to Prince Franz zu Schwarzenberg (1913-1992, the second son of Fürst Karl and Fürstin Eleonore zu Schwarzenberg). They became parents of two daughters, Ludmila and Isabella, and a son, Johann.
She is survived by her three children, their families, and by her younger sister Countess Leopoldine Dobrzensky.

Schwarzenberg
Lobkowicz

Princess Ida Letizia of Schwarzenberg (b.9 October 1980) [youngest of five children of Prince Erkinger of Schwarzenberg (b.1933) & younger daughter by his current wife, Countess Claudia of Horn zu Brandis (b.1949)] & her husband Baudoin de Troostembergh (b.30 August 1980) became parents of a daughter, Sofia, on 2 May.

Source: http://www.carnetmondain.be/

HSH Prince Friedrich zu Schwarzenberg died on 13 April 2014, aged 73.

He was born in Prague on 23 August 1940, the third child and second son of Karl, 6th Fürst zu Schwarzenberg and of his wife, née Princess Antonia zu Fürstenberg.

He was married since 1984 to Regula Brigitta Schlegel, by whom he had a son and a daughter.
He is survived by his wife, their children, his brother (Karl, 7th Fürst zu Schwarzenberg) and his two sisters with their families.

Schwarzenberg

Peter Morgan and his wife Princess Anna Carolina "Lila" zu Schwarzenberg decided to separate after 18 years of marriage.
According to a spokesman for Mr. Morgan, "With regret and sadness, it can be confirmed that Peter and his wife have agreed on a separation. This was achieved on an entirely amicable basis. There is no discussion of a divorce, and there are no third parties involved on either side."

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Did fish fingers for supper kill off top screenwriter's marriage to Princess?  | Daily Mail Online

The Princess is the only daughter of Fürst Karel zu Schwarzenberg and of his wife, née Countess Therese zu Hardegg auf Glatz und im Machlande. She married to screenwriter Peter Morgan in 1997 and they are parents of five children.

Since this thread was kind of inactive for a bit, lets bring it back with a few updates, some of them sad:

HSH Hereditary Prince Johannes (Aki) of Schwarzenberg's marriage to Princess Diana (née Orgoványi-Hanstein) has been divorced without offspring.

Hereditary Prince Johannes married again in 2017: His bride is Donna Francesca Riario-Sforza, daughter of Duke Paolo. I don't think they have any children yet.

HSH Princess Marie-Helene Antoinette Teresa Maximiliane of Schwarzenberg has passed away in 2018. She was the daughter of the late Prince Friedrich of Schwarzenberg (brother of the head of Family prince Karel) and his Wife Regula Brigitta née Schlegel. Princess Marie-Helene was the older sister of Prince Ferdinand of Schwarzenberg.

It is rather unlikely that HSH H-P Johannes is going to have children with her, yes. But who knows. And there is HSH P Ferdinand to step in. He is not married yet, but only in his early 30s.

Prince Karel is a close relative of the Princely Grimaldi family of Monaco.

It seems that the son of Karel zu Schwarzenberg’s younger brother will be the future head of the family seeing as Karel’s only son has no children. I think he’s engaged.

Indeed he recently got engaged to Marie Friling (herself a descentant of the Counts of Meran, morganatic branch of the Austrian Imperial house).

Today was the marriage of Ferdinand of Schwarzenberg and Marie Frilling.

:previous:

The couple married in Murau, Austria. The bride was wearing a tiara.

Queen Máxima and the Princess of Orange were there, both wearing tiaras.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/wauw-een-onaangekondigd-tiara-moment-voor-maxima-en-amalia/

The bride is the daughter of the Belgian business man Antoine Friling. Friling is a good friend of King Willem-Alexander. He is the godfather of Pss Ariane and his youngest son Alexandre was a page boy at the wedding of the King and Queen in 2002. The mother of the bride is Nicole von Oswald. They live in Brasschaat, a town for wealthy people, close to Antwerp.

Marie's elder sister Charlotte is married to baron Cédric Frère. He is the grandson of a Wallonian business man, the late Albert Frère, and is heading the family holding Frère-Bourgeois. The family wealth is estimated at 6 billion Euros. IIRC in 2013 Pippa Middleton attended a hunting party organised by Cedric and his brother William.

Marie's (paternal) aunt Malili / Marie-Louise married count André Le Grelle. Her cousins from this marriage married other members of the Belgian nobility. Count Vincent married Axelle le Jeune d'Allegeershecque and Countess Stéphanie married firstly Count Philippe d'Arschot Schoonhoven and secondly Count Patrick Goblet d'Alviella.

Her paternal grandmother Louise Bracht was a first cousin of the Antwerp businessman Charles Victor Bracht (both grandchildren of Theodore Bracht). Charles Victor was kidnapped and murdered in Antwerp in 1978. His daughter Thérèse is married to baron Daniel Janssen. Their daughter-in-law is Queen Mathilde's youngest sister Hélène.

Last edited:
A clip -with a horrible voice-over- of the wedding.

It seems the King was unable to attend Between Queen Máxima and Pss Amalia you can see baron Tijo Collot d'Escury, another godfather of Pss Ariane and a witness at WA & Máxima's wedding. He is married to Jkvr. Hermance Hooft Graafland, who is related to the De Kanter family through her mother. Her maternal grandmother was Jkvr. Maria Aletta Rebecca (Miek) von Mühlen, a childhood friend and later a class mate of Queen Juliana.

The church where the wedding took place looks very ornate and high Baroque in style (that and modern are my 2 least favourite church styles)

Fürst Karl/Karel zu Schwarzenberg died on Saturday 11.11.2023 at a hospital in Vienna, to which he was brought a few days ago. Since 2 days he was in artificial coma https://orf.at/stories/3339543/

Last edited:
The funeral service will be held on November 9th in Prague. According to Marlene Koenig it will be attended by Lord Frederick Windsor. The late fürst was his godfather.

I imagine his eldest son is now the new Fürst? As he has no children the succession after that becomes a bit unclear to me. I imagine the Fürst's second son, who was adopted by Thomas Prinzhorn, will not succeed. So that means that eventually the recently married Prince Ferdinand Karl will become the head of the family.

Last edited:
The funeral service will be held on November 9th in Prague. According to Marlene Koenig it will be attended by Lord Frederick Windsor. The late fürst was his godfather.

I imagine his eldest son is now the new Fürst? As he has no children the succession after that becomes a bit unclear to me. I imagine the Fürst's second son, who was adopted by Thomas Prinzhorn, will not succeed. So that means that eventually the recently married Prince Ferdinand Karl will become the head of the family.

On 09. December not November as then he would have been buried before he died.

Karl-Philipp Prinzhorn is actually not the son of the Fürst but of Thomas Prinzhorn but he was born during the first marriage of the Fürst and his wife Therese (the divorced in 1988 but remarried 20 years later) so the next in line is his nephew Prince Ferdinand

Today the State funeral of Fürst Karl/Karel took place at St. Vitus Cathedral in Prag. Among the guests Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein, Prince Albert of Monaco, Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir of Austria. Tomorrow he wuill be buried in a private Ceremony at the Family vault near Orlik Castle
https://english.radio.cz/karel-schw...lace-state-honours-st-vitus-cathedral-8802492

I remember seen him in some article when I was in my teens, back in the 70s, where he was talking about his family, the properties they owned that were at the time in communist possession, etc.

Today the State funeral of Fürst Karl/Karel took place at St. Vitus Cathedral in Prag. Among the guests Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein, Prince Albert of Monaco, Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir of Austria. Tomorrow he wuill be buried in a private Ceremony at the Family vault near Orlik Castle
https://english.radio.cz/karel-schw...lace-state-honours-st-vitus-cathedral-8802492
Prince Albert was his second cousin.

Did his “adoptive” sister, Elizabeth von Pezold come?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that there are not more photos as it seems a high profile event. It seems the Czech president also attended.

Back
Top Bottom