The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Anyone knows something more about Orgovanyi-Hanstein family?In the link above it is said to a very old family which can trace their ancestry back up to 1471...

I know some of the members of this family are already mixed with Barons von Berg and Barons Lipthay de Kisfalud et Lubelle...

There were also Barons von Hanstein whose family members were Governers of Kassel and Generals so there might be some connection between the origin of Hanstein adding to Orgovanyi family name...

Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Orgovanyi-Hanstein

I have researched many directories and the internet and have found out very little about the Orgovanyi-Hanstein Family and background. If anybody can help and direct me to some information I would be most grateful.

Lets hope that Diana has some intelligence to help Johannes out with the task he has with the Schwazenberg Properties and business interests. It must be a nightmare to be handed back The Czech Properties all in need of many many Millions of any currency to put them in habitable and hence in a profitable state. The Schwarzenbergs in common with many families may be asset rich but when it comes to cash to repair their properties it is sadly lacking. Maybe the Orgovanyi-Hanstein have deep coffers. Who knows.

Should be a good wedding anyway, anybody got any invites yet ??

Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Nobility

This saturday (20.3. 2010) is the wedding day of Johannes Schwarzenberg and Diana Orgovanyi-Hanstein.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 AM

Schloss Murau

Schloss Murau is gorgeous. Anyone wanting to see the Schloss should go to Murau for the Shakespeare Festival that the Princess hosts there each July. There are plays and concerts inside and outside the Schwarzenberg home, and the Prince and Princess attend most performances.

European Shakespeare Theatre Project
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

I think the Schwarzenbergs will find that there estates in Bohemia and Moravia are in very good repair. The Czech government was and is among world leaders in the restoration and conservation of stately homes and landed estates. I hope the Schwarzenbergs will not be as arrogant as to assume this is a return to the old order, and the plebs can be kept out by mantraps and armed bailifs. Our heritage is for us all .
Old 07-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Bohemian and Schwarzenberg Castles

Thane of Edinburgh although writes well, does not know much about Castles and Property returned to people after Communist Rule:

He is correct to say that some castles are in good repair. but although Schwarzenberg may have recieved some castles back (not all though, were returned as they should have been). I would suggest that Thane goes and actually sees the properties that were returned. It would need many many millions of any currency to put them all in order. A Substancial amount of the property that was returned was in terrible condition.

It will take the Schwarzenbergs many generations to return them to their former glory. As for the Schwarzenbergs should not return to the old order bit in his entry. He quite obviosly knows nothing about The Schwarzenbergs at all. The Family are well respected by the Czechs and they are quite normal modern people. He should also know that under Czech Law all people have the right to roam over any persons land. Therefore entry to any land cannot be withheld. The Family do all they can repairing old monuments and crosses thoughout the country side.

Even before the WW II they were the only Noble Family where all the family spoke Czech for many generations. I think that Thane should know what he talks about before writing, as it turns out to be incorrect information.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 AM

I think that Karel Schwarzenberg is doing a wonderful job for The Czech Republic. he is now Deputy Prime Minister. A great honour for his family. He would make a fine President who knows what will happen in the future.

One thing for sure the Czech Nation is indeed very lucky to have such a man. When he was little boy the Czech Government (Then Communist) threw him and his family out of the country and took all their property. The man must have a very big heart to have that done to him and still he works tirelessly for the good of all Czechs. He is indeed a Noble Spirit. Others should follow his example and the world would be a better place for it.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H View Post
I have researched many directories and the internet and have found out very little about the Orgovanyi-Hanstein Family and background. If anybody can help and direct me to some information I would be most grateful.
Well,not much but Attila Orgovayi-Hanstein,father of Princess Diana von Schwarzenberg,is in fact second cousin of Archduchess Francesca of Austria as his grandmother,Baroness Hedwig von Berg is the only sister of Francesca's grandfather,Baron Heinrich von Thyssen-Bornemissza de Kászon et Impérfalva...

Apart from being second cousin once removed to an Archduchess of Austria,interesting fact is also that Diana has descended from Habsburgs themselves...

She can even trace her ancestry from Byzantine Emperors!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Here is her line from Byzantine Emperors:

Emperor Alexios III of Byzantium(1155-1211)
I
Princess Anna Komnena of Byzantium(1174-1212)
I
Princess Maria Laskaris of Nicea(1206-1270)
I
King Stephan V of Hungary(1239-1272)
I
Princess Katalin of Hungary(1256-1314)
I
Princess Jelisaveta Nemanjic of Serbia(1283-1331)
I
Prince Ninoslav Kotromanic of Bosnia
I
Princess Maria Kotromanic of Bosnia(1333-1403)
I
Countess Beatrix von Helfenstein,died in 1385
I
Countess Anna von Oettingen(1380-1436)
I
Markgräfin Beatrix von Baden(1400-1452)
I
Countess Margarethe von Leiningen(married in 1440)
I
Count Melchior von Daun-Falkentstein(1451-1517)
I
Count Wirich V von Daun-Falkenstein(1473-1544)
I
Count Philipp von Daun-Falkenstein(married in 1552)
I
Countess Magdalena Margaretha von Daun-Falkenstein(1554-1585)
I
Wyrich von Bernsau zu Bellinghoven(1580-1656)
I
Magdalena Sophia von Bernsau zu Bellinghoven,died in 1641
I
Margaretha Elisabeth van Eyll,died in 1704
I
Magdalena Sophia van Raesfeld-Schulenborch(1657-1704)
I
Freiherr Johann Heinrich von Münster auf Surenburg(1694-1735)
I
Freiherr Gerog von Münster(1721-1773)
I
Freiherrin Henriette von Münster(1752-1796)
I
Freiherr Friedrich von Hammerstein-Equord(1775-1851)
I
Freiherrin Mathilde von Hammerstein-Equord(1804-1864)
I
Freiherr Gustav von Berg(1828-1903)
I
Freiherr Maximilian von Berg(1859-1924)
I
Freherrin Maximiliane von Berg,born in 1908
I
Attila Orgovanyi-Hanstein(1946-1985)
I
Diana Orgovanyi-Hanstein,born in 1972 = Prince Johannes von Schwarzenberg,born in 1967

Hope this puts some light on her ancestry!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Nobility

it was officialy announced today, that Karl von Schwarzenberg will candidate on president post in 2013 election in Czech republic.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I suppose this explains the attitude of Prince Karel towards his cousin Elisabeth von Pezold and her actions to get back the family properties, that were confiscated in 1945; if he wants to be elected President, of course he won't support Elisabeth's claims.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I suppose this explains the attitude of Prince Karel towards his cousin Elisabeth von Pezold and her actions to get back the family properties, that were confiscated in 1945; if he wants to be elected President, of course he won't support Elisabeth's claims.
I donť think so.

Maybe the reason is: She donť understand that those properties arenť their wealth, but that they are administrators of it - that´s how he understand the role of aristocracy. Not owners just administrators of properties. And of course properties she wants are big national heritage, she simply cannot get them back. and then sold it to have a lot of money or whatever...
On the other hand his reason for his attitude may be, that he is mainly Czech (proud to be Czech), one of founders of democratic regime and czech politician... That´s nothing in common with his candidature...but with czech nationality. I think....
Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Picture of Baroness Maximiliane von Berg,grandmother of Princess Diana von Schwarzenberg:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...ko2_r1_400.jpg
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Karel Schwarzenberg, head of princely house, czech foreign minister and candidate to presidental post will for 99% go to the second round of presidental election. Actually 7/8 of votes are known and now only results in big cities are not know, where he has big support. So I guess it is clear now.
Next round, where he will be together with Milos Zeman, will be held in two weeks.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Karl Schwarzenberg had 23,4% of the votes.

Radio Prague - Milo? Zeman, Karel Schwarzenberg heading to Czech presidential runoff
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Karl Schwarzenberg didn't win in second election so we won't see a Czech president with noble title.... It's a pity...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Administrator

The Czech Presidency - Prince to Castle?
The Czech presidency: Prince to castle? | The Economist

Czech Election - Zeman wins

Czech election: Zeman wins | The Economist

Zeman: 54.8%
Prince Schwarzenberg: 45.2%
(the Prince won a majority of the vote in Prague)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HSH Princess Amalie zu Schwarzenberg, née Princess von Lobkowicz, passed away on 3 April 2013 aged 92.

Amalie was born on 25 January 1921 in Unterberkovic, the second of the four daughters of Prince Leopold von Lobkowicz (1888-1933) and of his wife, née Princess Franziska von Montenuovo (1893-1972).
She married on 23 May 1944 to Prince Franz zu Schwarzenberg (1913-1992, the second son of Fürst Karl and Fürstin Eleonore zu Schwarzenberg). They became parents of two daughters, Ludmila and Isabella, and a son, Johann.
She is survived by her three children, their families, and by her younger sister Countess Leopoldine Dobrzensky.

Schwarzenberg
Lobkowicz