Prince Alexander and the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Alexander and Nadja finalize their divorce? I seem to have missed it somewhere here. I apologize for asking the question if I missed the post.

:previous:

Right now I only remember an interview from 2015 where he declared that they had seperated in 2014 and that they had not filed for divorce yet. But I guess that has happened in the meantime, maybe I've forgotten it..;)

Lilly attended the Bambi awards ceremony in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, November 16:

** ppe gallery **

:previous:

Right now I only remember an interview from 2015 where he declared that they had seperated in 2014 and that they had not filed for divorce yet. But I guess that has happened in the meantime, maybe I've forgotten it..;)

Lilly attended the Bambi awards ceremony in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, November 16:

** ppe gallery **

Is that Marie-Louise ("Lilly") zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg? What a beautiful lady.

Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the Happy Nikolaus event hosted by NICKI'S.com and Madame in Munich, Germany, yesterday, December 5:

** gettyimages gallery **

Today, December 12, Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the DKMS LIFE Charity Ladies Lunch in Munich, Germany. The DKMS raises money for patients with blood cancer.

** Pic **

Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his girlfriend Mahkameh Navabi at the opening of the Castle Bückeburg Christmas market on November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

My guess is that since Nadja was born a commoner she holds on to her married name because it does give her some perks while Lilly, a princess in her own right, have nothing to prove and nothing to gain from keeping her former husband's name.

Is it common (or even allowed) to keep your married name after divorce in Germany? There are other former (German) princesses who do, so I guess it is common practuce but would like to hear from our German members what the norm is.

Is it common (or even allowed) to keep your married name after divorce in Germany? There are other former (German) princesses who do, so I guess it is common practuce but would like to hear from our German members what the norm is.

To my idea it is not common for German Frauen to keep their ex-husbands surnames, until they have an advantage by using it. For an example Frau Gabriele Homey. In her life she adopted the surname Thyssen from her stepfather, yes, from the mighty steel-family. She became Frau Gabriele Thyssen, after promoting at university it became Frau Doktorin GabrieleThyssen.

Then she married Karl-Emich Prinz von Leiningen, to become Ihre Durchlaucht Gabriele Prinzessin von Leiningen. After divorce she remarried the Aga Khan and became the Her Highness The Begum Inaara Aga Khan.

After her second divorce Gabriele thought it was best to make a combination: Frau Doktorin Gabriele Inaara Prinzessin von Leiningen geborene Thyssen, making no misunderstanding about her (former) links to three influential men (stepdaddy, hubby 1 and hubby 2).

:eek:

Last edited:
And what would be her official name?

In Germany it's the standard procedure for women to keep their married name after divorce. Some women choose to apply to get their maiden name. But especially mothers usually prefer to keep the same family name as their children.

To my idea it is not common for German Frauen to keep their ex-husbands surnames, until they have an advantage by using it. For an example Frau Gabriele Homey. In her life she adopted the surname Thyssen from her stepfather, yes, from the mighty steel-family. She became Frau Gabriele Thyssen, after promoting at university it became Frau Doktorin GabrieleThyssen.

Then she married Karl-Emich Prinz von Leiningen, to become Ihre Durchlaucht Gabriele Prinzessin von Leiningen. After divorce she remarried the Aga Khan and became the Her Highness The Begum Inaara Aga Khan.

After her second divorce Gabriele thought it was best to make a combination: Frau Doktorin Gabriele Inaara Prinzessin von Leiningen geborene Thyssen, making no misunderstanding about her (former) links to three influential men (stepdaddy, hubby 1 and hubby 2).

:eek:

It is very common to keep the ex-husbands name even for 'joe average' women when children are involved. Divorced wives usually prefer to keep the name of their children. And then of course you have women like Barbara Becker, Boris' ex-wife, who will benefit from the name forever in their new careers as jewellery designers etc and they even keep the name when they have already divorced the next husband. Back to the Schaumburg-Lippe topic, I was surprised to see in one of the last BUNTE a report about Christmas and how to spend it,the first ex-wife Lilly and the new girlfriend are best friends and they were talking about a peaceful patchwork Christmas, but at no stage Nadja was even mentioned. My impression from the article was that patchwork isn't so easy after all.

We haven't seen Donatus for a while now, he's changed a lot since the last photos we've seen back in July:

On February 15 he and his mother attended the Bulgari 'RVLE YOUR NIGHT' event during the 68th Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany - how much beards age young men...;)

Waldemar zu Schaumburg-Lippe with his wife Gertraud-Antonia Wagner-Schöppl were among the well-wishers for Queen Margrethe's 78th birthday at Amalienborg Palace today, April 16:

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

Mario-Max of Schaumburg-Lippe attended the opening of the Bice Cunina restaurant in New York City on June 13:

** ppe gallery **

Yesterday, June 14, Mario-Max of Schaumburg-Lippe attended the GOTTI New York City premiere:

** ppe gallery **

Alexander of Schaumburg-Lippe and his girlfriend Mahkameh Navabi attended the BURDA Summer Party in Berlin yesterday, June 26:

** Pic **

Is he already officially divorced?

Mario-Max of Schaumburg-Lippe attended "Meet The New 'Friends' - The Introduction of Face Five (Original TV Series") in Beverly Hills, California, yesterday, August 14:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Nadja of Schaumburg-Lippe found her fashion twin ;) at the Dom Perignon 'The Legacy' event in Munich yesterday, October 17:

** Pic **

Alexander of Schaumburg-Lippe and his girlfriend Mahkameh Navabi attended the Tribute to Bambi event in Berlin:

Last edited:

Alexander of Schaumburg-Lippe and his girlfriend Mahkameh Navabi (seated next to Ernst August Jr of Hannover) attended the award ceremony of the Lower Saxony State Prize in Hannover, Germany, today, November 1:

** Pic ** haz gallery **

I know it's a petty remark, but I have to say that Alexander really does age well. He is looking better now than he did ten years ago.

Alexander and Heinrich-Donatus of Schaumburg-Lippe officially opened this year's Christmas Market at Castle Bückeburg on November 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom