The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Georg has become more handsome as time goes by.

I also like the fact that he seems very humble and intelligent. His relaxed demeanor and ease with the people makes him so likeable.
Same here!
He has always looked like a "Prince Charming", but he's getting more and more handsome...
I wonder if that Ursula Leyden is getting the golden prize!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Rather than have the Hohenzollerns once again annexing the smaller German states, could we leave Prince Georg Friedrich safely confined to the Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern thread.

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe

Since viewing the thread pertaining to Prince Alexander's recent wedding, I am interested in any information on this family.

Alexander is addressed as Furst; is he head of the family? I thought that he wasn't. He seems to be rather prosperous and Buckeburg Castle is beautiful.

Who are his relations and how many branches are there of Schaumburg or Lippe.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Here you can see the genealogy of the Princely Family of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Schaumburg-Lippe

Alexander was born in 1958 as second son of the future Fürst Philipp-Ernst and his wife Benita, née Freiin von Tiele-Winckler. His older brother, Hereditary Prince Georg-Wilhelm died in 1983 after an accident. In 1993 Alexander married Princess Marie-Louise (Lily) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berlebrug who later left him for another men. They where divorced in 2002 and have a son Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus, born in 1994, but are still on friendly terms (so Lily, her second husband Lambros Milona where also present at the wedding-Events). In 2003 Alexander succeeded his father as Fürst.

There are only 2 other dynasts, Prince Wilhelm and his son Prince Christian from the Nachod-line. Both are descendants of King Frederik VIII of Denmark as the mother of Wilhelm was Princess Feodora (daughter of Prince Harald) and his grandmother Princess Louise (daughter of King Frederik VIII) and also live in Denmark. The other Family-members all have not married according to the House-Laws.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

One more
zu Schaumburg-Lippe

Infos:
Alexander, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schloss Bückeburg
Schaumburg-Lippe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I understand the family is one of the wealthiest in Germany and Fürst Alexander is recognized for his business acomplishments.

Here is his profile in Myspace:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg
Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Gentry

Exclamation GLORIA and LILLY's Fashion and Style

Hello,

On

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yle-14474.html ,

I have started a thread about fashion and style of the two German ex-punk-princesses, GLORIA von THURN und TAXIS und LILLY zu SCHAUMBURG-LIPPE.

There you will find many links to pictures that show GLORIA and LILLY and some of their female family members in "royal" and "crazy" outfits. Enjoy.

Many greetings,

A Friend
Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Sadly she looks very tacky in most of those images. I have seen her on german television sometimes and there she seemed to be a vibrant and sympathetic woman. What was the reason for her divorce from Alexander btw?
My opinion is that it was an arranged marriage organised by them so that Alexander could have an heir by a princess. They divorced not long after the lad was born. The pair seem to remain on good terms as Lily attended Alexanders second wedding.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Why would they need an arranged marriage? I think the Schaumburg-Lippe´s are rather relaxed about marriages to commoners, and Alexanders own mother is just a baroness too of course. Still I have to confess the thought crossed my mind too, though I can certainly see what got them interested in each other, they both seem to be very vivacious characters who enjoy the good side of life.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
My opinion is that it was an arranged marriage organised by them so that Alexander could have an heir by a princess. They divorced not long after the lad was born. The pair seem to remain on good terms as Lily attended Alexanders second wedding.
It was certainkly not an arragned marriage. The reason for the divorce what that Lily left him for her now second husband. Alexander has said that if she would had not left him they would probably still be married.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Gentry

Was Prince Alexander's mum Benita also from a noble family?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Benita was born a Baroness von Tiele-Winckler; her father being Count Hans-Werner, and her mother Countess Elisabeth von Bassewitz.
(Why she was a Baroness and not a Countess I have no idea.)
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Pregnancy announced

Yesterday it wes confirmed by the Hofkammer Bückeburg that Fürst Alexander and Fürstin nadja Anna are expecting their first child at the end of the year

"Ich bewohne nur elf von 250 Räumen - gehobener Mittelstand, finde ich" - jetzt.de

Neue Westfälische - BÜCKEBURG: Fürstenpaar Schaumburg-Lippe bekommt Baby

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator

It seems BILD had a short interview with Fürst 'Schaumi'. He says he only lives in 11 rooms of the 250 the castle has.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Administrator

The owner of the dutch website 'monarchen.nl' received a letter from the lawyer of Mario Max Schaumburg-Lippe. In an article about the engagement of Mario Max's mother to prince Waldemar the website referred to Mario Max as 'fake prince'. The lawyer, a mr. Wagner (!) told the website that Mario Max never called himself a prince so that the website could not refer to him as fake prince.

The website says that Mario Max does pretend to be a prince, or at least wants to give that impression. He took as a 3rd first name 'prince' so he now is Mario Max Prince Schaumburg Lippe. In a press release by prince Waldemar from 2007 that is also the way that is referred to Mario Max.

Source: monarchen.nl
Article in Dutch here.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Statement fro m the members of the Princely Family where they distances themself from the marriage. It is even signed by Waldemars brother Wilhelm and his children
newsmax® - Pressemitteilung - Haus Schaumburg-Lippe: Gemeinsame Erklärung

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Courtier

There are pictures on the Royal Wedding Website: here is a link!

Royal Weddings Message Board: Prince Waldemar zu Schaumburg-Lippe & Gertraud Antonia Wagner-Schöppl: 20 September 2008

Hiddeous!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

I guess that mainly the Schaumburgs do not want to recognize Mr. Max-Mario as member of the family so the title of "Prinz" is only part of his name, it does not mean he is noble.
This statement is necessary, from Schaumburgs point of view, to make everything clear.
Fürst Alexander, as Head of the House, has the power, if he wants, to recognize him as "noble member", but this is not his will.
Similar things happened in the past with other member of German ex-souvereign families.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Personally, I never thought that the Furst was against marriage to a commoner. I agree with fellow posters. In my words, it is a matter of pretension. I understand the Furst's actions and do not fault him or his family for their statement, but commend applaud them.

Tags
schaumburg-lippe