Prince Alexander and the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Prince Alexander's mum Benita also from a noble family?

Benita was born a Baroness von Tiele-Winckler; her father being Count Hans-Werner, and her mother Countess Elisabeth von Bassewitz.
(Why she was a Baroness and not a Countess I have no idea.)

It seems BILD had a short interview with Fürst 'Schaumi'. He says he only lives in 11 rooms of the 250 the castle has.

The owner of the dutch website 'monarchen.nl' received a letter from the lawyer of Mario Max Schaumburg-Lippe. In an article about the engagement of Mario Max's mother to prince Waldemar the website referred to Mario Max as 'fake prince'. The lawyer, a mr. Wagner (!) told the website that Mario Max never called himself a prince so that the website could not refer to him as fake prince.

The website says that Mario Max does pretend to be a prince, or at least wants to give that impression. He took as a 3rd first name 'prince' so he now is Mario Max Prince Schaumburg Lippe. In a press release by prince Waldemar from 2007 that is also the way that is referred to Mario Max.

Source: monarchen.nl
Article in Dutch here.

I guess that mainly the Schaumburgs do not want to recognize Mr. Max-Mario as member of the family so the title of "Prinz" is only part of his name, it does not mean he is noble.
This statement is necessary, from Schaumburgs point of view, to make everything clear.
Fürst Alexander, as Head of the House, has the power, if he wants, to recognize him as "noble member", but this is not his will.
Similar things happened in the past with other member of German ex-souvereign families.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I never thought that the Furst was against marriage to a commoner. I agree with fellow posters. In my words, it is a matter of pretension. I understand the Furst's actions and do not fault him or his family for their statement, but commend applaud them.

What a hot mess of a wedding! :eek: But hey, congrats to the couple... let's hope it lasts.

Even if I shudder at the way these bourgeoises of this branch of the Schaumburg-Lippe's married and marketed that marriage.

A premiere: first time I quote myself. Well, I said that about the marriage of prince Waldemar. On browsing Google News fro more information I found several reports about a visit of Fuerst Alaxander and his wife to the Oktoberfest which is currently in Munich. One reported that the Fuerstin is heavily pregnant (8 months) but wears a dirndl none-the-less. A dirndl in his basic idea is a rather bust-revealing garment and I doubt I would wish to see the bossom of a heavily-pregant lady. Then we could read in detail how the Fuerst proudly caressed his wife's very round baby-belly....
O'zapft is: Mia san Wiesn! - BUNTE

Now if that is the way the Waldemar's are supposed to behave in order to be welcomed into the family fold, I have no idea how they should do it due to their being a bit past procreation age... :D

What a fantastic castle is Burleburg(?)
The second wedding was bit weird IMO.

Prince Waldemar of Schaumburg-Lippe got some press in Germany and the Netherlands when he talked about the fuss of the 'his cousin' Prince of Orange getting a house in Mozambique. He thought that such intitiatives should be stimulated and that the discussion about the project was dominated by false arguments and populism.

RTL Boulevard (Dutch) called the Dutch court, who said that they had no idea who this man was.

Royalty Digest Quarterly...

Hi,

Royalty Digest Quarterly #2008-3 has 21 pages of pictures and family charts on the Schaumburg-Lippe family from the 19th Century to the present.
This is provided by Charlotte Zeepvat, who is quite an expert on European Royalty and Nobility.

Larry

Prince Waldemar, his wife and his stepson 'prince' Mario-Max posed for some happy family pictures. Take a look here at the Dutch website monarchen.nl. The pictures were sent by Mario-Max to the owner of the website, together with information about the self-provclaimed best selling book of Mario-Max about the credit crisis.

I;m not sure I understand...

An adult man named Mario Max was "adopted" by an old German princess of the Schaumburg-Lippe family, and added her surname and the third name "Prinz." His birth family, despite being of non-noble origin, are evidently people of some status/wealth/import and connected to the Schaumburg-Lippes, and his birth mother ended up marrying one of his adopted mother's relatives, Waldemar.

The family as a whole disapprove both of Mario-Max's adoption and his stepfather's marriage, and were afraid that Waldemar would adopt himi and give him great legality to claim the Schaumburg-Lippe name and status....is that it?

Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Nadja Anna had their first child today. Princess Felipa was born at 7H07 today morning at the Frauenklink at Munich. She weighted 3170 gramma nd was 48 cm big.

Münsterlandzeitung | Nachwuchs im Fürstenhaus Schaumburg-Lippe

And prince Waldemar was kind enough to congratulate his 'foe' ;). He says that dispite of what is done to him & his wife he always stays courtious...:whistling:

http://www.newsmax.de/schaumburglippe-babynachwuchs--prinz-waldemar-gratuliert-news96598.html

-
Velasco, I think you got the message right. The problem was that Mario-Max according to some styles himself as prince, which he is not, dispite his adoptive last name. Not that Mario-Max himself denied that heever gave the impression he was a prince.

How nice is this, the birth of little Princess Felipa !

Congratulations to the new parents!

Felipa is the name of the new-born little girl of Prince Alexander and Princess Nadja, born on December the 1st.
Prince Alexander had already a boy from his first wife Lilly von SW.
I hope she would look like her mother..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 15.12.2008

Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Nadja Anna attended the
"High Tea" party by Käfer and Gloria of Thurn und Taxis,
December 15, 2008, in Munich, Germany. They had
some baby pictures on their mobile phone and showed
them arround, but not to the press..;)

----> Pic

On 24 December princess Dagmar of Schaumburg-Lippe passed away at the age of 74. The princess was the daughter of prince Heinrich von Schaumburg-Lippe (brother of the last reigning fuerst, Adolf II) and Countess Erika von Hardenberg.
The princess married Christoph Kalau vom Hofe, with whom she got 4 children. After his death in 1989 she remarried to Heinz Heine, who died in 1991.

source: Monarchen.nl - de Europese vorstenhuizen

Pic 6.2.2009

Alexander Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja
at the 'Movie Meets Media' party within the scope of the
59th Berlin International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany,
06 February 2009.

--------> Pic

25.07.2009 - wedding of Prince Christian zu Schaumburg-Lippe and Lena Giese

courtesy netty royalty page

Last week Alexander Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja
attended the Easter festival in Salzburg, Austria. The little scan does
not show it, but Prince Alexander wore a much too green jacket ;)

-------> Pic 5.4.2009

Pics 29.4.2009

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja Anna Zsoeks
attended the Sustainability Award at the Deutsche Historische Museum
on April 29, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. The award was handed out to
Prince Charles, so more pics of that event can be found here.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom