Princely House of Salm

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone give me some information about Hereditary PrincessZita zu Salm-Salm and her family?

p.s. I don't know if I posted this thread at the correct place, please feel free to move it if I put it in the wrong place..

The Princely House of Salm

SalmSalm.gif

Princess Robijn said:
Can anyone give me some information about Hereditary Princess Zita zu Salm-Salm and her family?
Hereditary Prince (Erbprinz) Emanuel zu Salm-Salm (b 1961) is the eldest son of Carl Philipp, 14th Fürst zu Salm, 9th Fürst zu Salm-Salm and 9th Fürst zu Salm-Kyrburg.

He married 1992 Zita von Klot-Heydenfeldt (b 1970), daughter of Burchard von Klot-Heydenfeldt and Countess Rixa von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

One of the genealogies shows Emanuel's status as 'divorced', none show any children.

Last edited:
Warren said:
Hereditary Prince (Erbprinz) Emanuel zu Salm-Salm (b 1961) is the eldest son of Carl Philipp, 14th Fürst zu Salm, 9th Fürst zu Salm-Salm and 9th Fürst zu Salm-Kyrburg.

He married 1992 Zita von Klot-Heydenfeldt (b 1970), daughter of Burchard von Klot-Heydenfeldt and Countess Rixa von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

One of the genealogies shows Emanuel's status as 'divorced', none show any children.

Thank you warren :)

Is Prince Emanual seeing anyone? Any photo's? Where does he work?

Also, is this branch of the Salm Salm family Catholic or Lutheran?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Salm

michelleq said:
Also, is this branch of the Salm Salm family Catholic or Lutheran?
Here is a brief run-down of the House of Salm:

A Salm Superior

I. Line of Salm (Roman Catholic)

1st Branch: Salm-Salm
(Carl Philip, 14th Fürst zu Salm, 9th Fürst zu Salm-Salm and 9th Fürst zu Salm-Kyrburg, b1933)

2nd Branch: Salm-Kyrburg (extinct in the male line)

II. Line of Grumbach, actually Salm-Horstmar (Lutheran)
(Philipp Otto, 5th Fürst und Rheingraf zu Salm-Horstmar, b1938)

B Salm Inferior (House of Reifferscheidt) (Roman Catholic)

Line I: Salm-Reifferscheidt-Krautheim und Dyck (extinct in the male line 1958)
(Franz Josef, 6th Fürst und Altgraf zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Krautheim und Dyck (1899-1958).

Line II: Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz
(Hugo, 7th Fürst und Altgraf zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz, b 1973)

Last edited:
Once again, Thank you Warren! You are wonderful as always!

"The current Princely families of Salm actually belong to two separate families, i.e., the House of the Herren vom Stein, including the old Wild- u.Rheingrafen and the current Princes zu Salm-Salm and Salm-Horstmar; and the House of Reifferscheid, including the modern houses of Salm-Reifferscheidt-Dyck, Salm-Reifferscheid-Krautheim, and Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz."

A. Stein
1. Salm-Salm - The present members of this line bear the title Prince[ss] zu Salm-Salm, Wild- u.Rheingf[n] and title Serene Highness.
2. Salm-Kyrburg
3. Salm-Horstmar - The present members of this line bear the title Prince[ss] zu Salm-Horstmar, Wild- u.Rheingf[n] and title Serene Highness.

B. Reifferscheid
1. Salm-Reifferscheid-Krautheim u. Dyck - The present members of this line bear the title Altgraf/Altgräfin zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Krautheim u.Dyck.
2. Salm-REfferscheid-Raitz - The present members of this line bear the title Altgraf/Altgräfin zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz.

http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/salm.html

Last edited:
Does the Salm-Salm family have marriage laws as other German Houses?

They may not have written laws, but there would be traditions, expectations and preferences. In any case it would be up to the Head of each branch to apply, ignore or change any rules. Only one of the four children of the current Fürst zu Salm-Salm has made an "equal" marriage.

None of the current generation of Salm-Horstmar, including the Fürst, have made "equal" marriages either.

This can be seen as either accommodating to the modern world, or as a sign of declining standards. :D

Has anyone got infos or pictures of the late Prince Nikolaus von Salm-Salm, born in 1913, by one of the daughters of Archduke Friedrich?

Princess Isabelle of Salm-Salm, baroness von Loë, died on 11 January in Kevelaer at the age of 105. The princess was the oldest living royal and born at Potsdam on 13 February 1903. She is the daughter of hereditairy prince Emanuel of Salm-Salm and Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria.

In 1925 she married baron Felix von Loë, with who she got 7 children: Fritz, Christine (widow of prince Johannes of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg), Wessel (married to Countess Sophie of Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg), Elisabeth, Paula, Franz and Marie Rosa. She has 23 grand children and at least 65 great grand children.

According to her grandson baron Raphael von Loë: 'On new years morning she still played the Mikado. er mind was still active but in the end the heart gave up. Her life wasn't always easy'.

Source: monarchen.nl

Wow . . . . 105. What a long, long life she lived.

And a large family to boot

Any news on this family? Do they attend Roya Weddings and/or other Princely or Noble Weddings? Any news on the Erbprinz Emanuel?

Also, has anyone been to the castle?

I live through this board!

Thanking all in advance!

Prince of Salm-Salm

Hello,
I've been looking quite a long time for informations and photos of the actual family of Salm-Salm, I saw that pictures had been took in Senones, the capital of the ancient Principality, but I can't see them.
So if you have some informations and/or photos, Thank you.

Any news on this family? What is Prince Emmanuel profession?

de Bassy/von Salm

In putting together a family tree, I have come across an alleged XVI century marital union between Pierre de Bassy of Boulay, Moselle and Marie Ursule von Salm of Kyrburg, the child being Jean de Bassy (1543-1618). Is there any validity to this?:whistling:

I was told that Emanuel Hereditary Prince (Erbprinz) of Salm-Salm has recently re-married. Has anyone any information about this? Who was his bride?

Austrian (Teschen Line) Royal Family Austrian prinz carl philips 9th prinz from salm salm maried erika von Morgen but diet 2007 could you tel me more about this pls

Miss maria louise therese von Morgen

Hugo, Altgraf zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz

Anyone have info on Hugo, the current head of the Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz branch of the the House? I read that his grandmother was the 1/4 Japanese, German aristocrat Hissa, Grafin von Niepperg, nee von Hatzfeldt, who's wedding made international headlines. It'd be nice to see pics, and find out more about this unique family that managed to successfully cross the social barriers of the times.

HSH Hugo, 7th Fürst und Altgraf zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz was born in 1973 and as far as I know is unmarried.
He is the son of Hugo, 6th Fürst und Altgraf zu S-R-R and Silvia-Gabrielle Scheid, daughter of Hans Otto Scheid and Elsie Werner.

The 6th Fürst's parents were Hugo, 5th Fürst und Altgraf zu S-R-R and Gräfin Leopoldine von Mensdorff-Pouilly.

The daughter of Countess Hissa von Hatzfeldt zu Trachenberg and Erwin, Count von Neipperg is Countess Natalie. She married Altgraf Niklas zu Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz who was a great-great grandson of the 2nd Fürst und Altgraf zu S-R-R and thus a distant cousin of the current and 7th Fürst.

Thanks Warren, I stand corrected. It pays to source your genealogical research from more than one locale:)

Anyone have info on Hugo, the current head of the Salm-Reifferscheidt-Raitz branch of the the House? I read that his grandmother was the 1/4 Japanese, German aristocrat Hissa, Grafin von Niepperg, nee von Hatzfeldt, who's wedding made international headlines. It'd be nice to see pics, and find out more about this unique family that managed to successfully cross the social barriers of the times.

One can find some pictures of them here(scroll down):

½´Å¸ÀÌ·¿Å© ¼ºÁÖÀÇ ¿Ü°íÁ¶ºÎ´Â "¸íġõȲ ¿Ü¹«´ë½Å" :: ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±×

:previous:
This is the picture in the blog.
The caption reads:
Aokis daughter Hanna Aoki and her husband Alexander Count Hatzfeldt Tokyo 1907

picture not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Hatzfeldt.jpg
    Hatzfeldt.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,698
The Loe family has a Count as head of the family, the rest of the family members are Freiherren and Freifrauen, in some parts of Germany also called Baron or Baroness. The title COUNT alway follows by primogeniture.

see : HSH Fürst Carl-Philipp zu Salm-Salm

Salm-Salm

Princess Eleonore zu-Salm-Salm, nee Zizewitz, primo voto Caminneci died in Reinbeck on 16 February.

She was born in Prebendow on 24 November 1919.
In 1940 she married Harras Ursus Caminneci, a year older than she [son of Mathilde Eulalie von Siemens (1888-1945) & her husband, Oskar Caminneci (1885-1945)]. They had a son Pier Andrea (b.1942). Unfortunately, his father bereaved him in 1944.

The young widow married again, in Hamburg-Eimsbuttel on 19 October 1950, Nikolaus-Leopold Prince of Salm-Salm (1906-1988).
He had divorced two years earlier his first wife, Princess Ida von Wrede, by whom he had four children: Konstanze (b.1929), Carl-Philip (b.1933) and twins Anna and Margarethe (b.1935); his other son Alfred was killed in air raid in 1945, aged 15.
In 1953 their only son together, Ludwig-Wilhelm, was born.

Unfortunately they divorced in 1961. Soon after divorce her former husband married again and had another son, Christian-Nikolaus, by his third wife.

She is survived by her two sons, five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren, as well as three former step-children (Konstanze died in 1980)

Sources: </title> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" alink="#800080" vlink="#ff0000"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://hb.lycos.com/hb.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"><![CDATA[//><!]]></script> <script type="te
Salm

Prince Franz Karl zu Salm-Salm died on 19 November 2011, aged 94.
He was born at Munster on 22 February 1917, the eldest son and fourth child of Prince Franz Emanuel Konstantin zu Salm-Salm and his wife, née Baroness Maria Anna von und zu Dalberg. He was married since 30 Oct 1951 to Baroness Maria von Boeselager, with whom he had eight children.
He's survived by his wife, their children and their families.

Salm-Salm, Salm-Horstmar, Salm-Kyrburg

Back
Top Bottom