Princely House of Leiningen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forestprince

City
New York
Country
United States
Leiningen.gif

Arms of the Princely House of Leiningen

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Can anyone supply information about the Royal House of Leiningen?

I would also like to see photos of Prince Andreas, his wife Princess Alexandra and their three children. Ferdinand, Olga and Hermann.
Is Princess Alexandra of Leiningen Prince Ernst of Hanover's sister?
Dose the family live in Amorbach Germany?

I've been reading the Royal Forums for years but this is the first time posting a request for information.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Forestprince and welcome to the world of active posting!

I'll move this thread over to the Germany-Austria forum, where you might get more responses.

Branches f.ex.: Leiningen-Dagsburg-Hartenburg, Leiningen-Dagsburg-Falkenburg and few other House of Leiningen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Little genealogy:
Leiningen

Leiningen Royal Family

von Leiningen

Surname "leiningen" : specify

About HSH Fürst Friedrich Karl Eduard Erwin zu Leiningen, HSH Fürst Emich Kyrill Ferdinand Hermann zu Leiningen , HSH Prince Karl Wladimir Ernst Heinrich zu Leiningen, HSH Princess Margarita Ileana Viktoria zu Leiningen, HSH Princess Mechtilde Alexandra zu Leiningen, Genealogy of the Grand-Ducal Family of Baden

Last edited:
The succession in the house of Leiningen as somewhat problematic I believe. When Karl-EMich married Gabrielle von Thyssen his father named it morganatic and named his 2nd son Andreas as his heir (who married a princess of Hannover). The german court however ruled that this was not possible and all the finances and ssuch went to Karl-Emich. Still, Andreas was generally considered head of the family. I was wondering if after Karl-Emichs divorce from Gabrielle and esp. after his marriage to countess Isabel of Egglofstein the situation has changed?

Does anybody know if any of Karl-Emichs siblings or his mother Dss Eilika of Oldenburg, attended his wedding to the countess on June 7th 2008? Did any of the Oldenburgs attend?

There was nobody from Karl-Emich's relatives at the Wedding. Only his 2 daughters. You can see a few photos i took at the Wedding on my Blog.
The property belon g to Andreas all. There was a Testament from Karl-Emich's grandfather who i believe required equal marriage. I believe you are also a member of Royals Portal. There it was discussed a few times.

Marengo, you're wrong in this. Karl-Emich lost his case at the Bundesgerichtshof, his brother now has control over the wealth of the family.

Plus Gabrielle was not a "von Thyssen", she was the step-daughter of a plain Mr. Thyssen (not related to the famous Thyssen-family), her father had been plain Mr. Homey, so she has no claim to nobility at all. Plus she seems to be a rather ambitious high-flyer - after Karl-Emich lost his case and the inheritance, she divorced him and married the Aga Khan, calling herself Begum Inaara after that marriage, which is to end in divorce as well.

When Karl-Emich married Gabrielle, his father couldn't stand her and disowned his son. Karl-Emich went to court and claimed it was because of his wife's lack of nobility. Which could be right, but the highest Court in Germany decided in the end that Karl-Emich's father was within his rights to do what he wanted with his possessions, for reasons whatsover. Just like any German citizen can disown one child if what this child does is not to his liking. The reasons simply don't matter in such a case. It was the Fuerst of Leiningen's personal wealth at that time, thus he could do with it what he wanted.

Here's a link to an article about the Leiningen-case: http://www.zeit.de/1998/53/Der_letzte_Wille_gilt

Wedding of Erbprinz Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Coburg, 23 May 2009...

Prince Karl Emich and Princess Isabelle zu Leiningen
: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

They where accompanied by a young Lady who is most likely his older daughter Princess Cecilia.
Also present at the Wedding where Fürst Andreas and Fürstin Alexandra, née Princess of Hannover
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=31941&zoektype=2&search=23-05-2009 Callenberg

And aslo Princess Mechtilde and her husband.

Last edited:
I noticed an old issue of People had a feature on the UK royal succession and somewhere in the 80s there were the Leiningen bunch. Prince Andreas, it was said, maintained an auto dealership in Frankfurt. His son Hermann, born in 1986, is a racing driver.

Prince Karl Emich and princess Isabelle zu Leiningen had their first son and first child together Emich, born on April 12th 2010.

Source: Bunte nr. 19

Is he the Prince who lost his title of heir because he married the ex-Princess Aga Khan . How many children does he have ?

Is he the Prince who lost his title of heir because he married the ex-Princess Aga Khan . How many children does he have ?

Yes and this is his third child and first son. He has a daughter, Cacile, born in 1988, from his first wife and a daughter, Theresa, born in 1992, from his second one.
Since Cacile was born before her father disenheritance I think she's a dinastic member of the family, can somebody confirm that?

I think so...she(Cecilie) studies medicine(not sure but I think) and it seems that she is on good terms with everyone...with her stepmother Isabelle and her family,with her former stepmother Gabrielle-Renate and also with the children of Prince Andreas and Princess Alexandra...

Feodora Leiningen

What did you know about
feodora of leining older sister of queen victoria?

thanx

She was the Queen's half-sister, the product of a union between Emich Carl, Prince of Leiningen and Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. After Feodora's mother married the Duke of Kent and became pregnant, the entire family moved to England so the heir to the throne could be born on British soil. From what I have read in biographies of Victoria, the two sisters had a warm relationship.

Princess Feodora of Leiningen married HSH Ernst I, 6th Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Their grandson, Ernst II, married Queen Victoria's granddaughter, Princess Alexandra of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

The eldest son and heir of Ernst II and Princess Alexandra was HSH Gottfried, 8th Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, who succeeded his father on 11 December 1950.

Gottfried married Princess Margarita of Greece and Denmark in 1931, the sister of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (she died in 1981).

So Gottfried, a descendant of Queen Victoria's half-sister, became the brother-in-law of Queen Elizabeth in 1947.

Together he and Margarita had six children.. and the only one that is still living is Prince Georg Andreas of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.. nephew of the Duke of Edinburgh.

The current 10th Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg is Philipp, son of Prince Kraft (9th Prince) who died in 2004. He is the grand nephew of Prince Phillip.. and was most likely named for him.

A clip of the Canedian globalnews.ca, interviewing prince Hermann of Leinignen (son of Marie-Louise of Bulgaria).

GTA Prince

Somehow the clip doesnt work for me.
Courtesy to & a picture can be found on Noblesse & Royautes, click here.

Perhaps this will show up on YouTube at some point. Thank you for posting this item, Marengo. I was able to view it and enjoyed hearing the Prince, his wife, and their daughters talk about their connections to the thrones in Europe. HSH seems to have a Canadian sense of humour, and I heard no trace of an European accent. :flowers:

A clip of the Canedian globalnews.ca, interviewing prince Hermann of Leinignen (son of Marie-Louise of Bulgaria).

GTA Prince

Somehow the clip doesnt work for me.
Courtesy to & a picture can be found on Noblesse & Royautes, click here.

Is she actually a princess? IIRC her father lost his rights upon marrying Gabriele Homey?

Yes, her father Karl Emich indeed lost his succession rights by marrying to Gabriele Homey/Thyssen and due to their marriage he was also disinherited by his father Fürst Emich. This should imply that their daughter isn't HSH Priness Theresa of Leiningen but merely Miss Theresa Prinzessin zu Leiningen.

Prince Karl Emich zu Leiningen has been put forward by the Russian Monarchist Party as Head of the Russian Imperial House.

The prince (b.1952) and his wife Princess Isabelle zu Leiningen (b.1975; née Countess von und zu Egloffstein) converted from Lutheranism to Russian Orthodoxy at Nuremberg on 1 June 2013.

Prince Karl Emich adopted the baptismal name Nikolai Kirillovich and Princess Isabelle adopted the name Ekaterina Feodorovna.

Sources:
Монархическая партия объявила об обретении наследника российского Императорского престола — материал из Викиновостей
Обретен Наследник Российского Императорского Престола

Thanks for posting that video cory, it was quite interesting to see this branch of the family.

Ernst Leopold, 4th Prince of Leiningen (1830-1904) joined the Royal Navy in 1849.
He commanded HMS Magicienne and then HMY Victoria and Albert.

Her Highness Fürstin Eilika zu Leiningen, née Duchess of Oldenburg, died on 26 January 2016 at Amorbach (Germany), a few days before her 88th birthday.

She was born on 2 February 1928, the fourth child of Hereditary Grand Duke Nikolaus of Oldenburg and of his first wife, née Princess Helene zu Waldeck und Pyrmont.
She has been married from 1950 until his death in 1991 to Fürst Emich zu Leiningen, by whom she had four children (Princess Melita, Prince Karl-Emich, Fürst Andreas and Princess Stephanie).
She is survived by her children and their families, as well as by some of her numerous siblings.

Royal Musings: Eilika, Dowager Princess of Leiningen

Back
Top Bottom