Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB040005e.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2782  

Old 02-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks, Sylvia! I wish we knew more about Alex and Alex...thanks for sharing the photo with us! :)

Old 02-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Aren't these roses and dishes beautiful?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB040010e.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2798  
Old 04-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Majesty

where could one find this Cottage?
Old 04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

It's in Connecticut; I am pretty sure it belongs to Diane von Furstenberg.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Yes, it is a cottage on Diane Von Furstenburgs estate.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Alexandra still live here now that she and Diane's son Alexandre(er?) are divorced? Or is Alexandra Miller now living in London where her beau Tim Jeffries lives? (I guess there must be some time spent in New York because the kids should be able to see their father if mom has primary custody, right?)
Old 04-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

She lives in London. I am sure Alex boy gets to see the kids when he wants to.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Gentry

Princely House of Fürstenberg

How are they royal?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:01 PM
CathyEarnshaw

actually the princely family is zu Fürsrtenberg, a mediatized princely family, with the rank of serene highness.

The former Diane Halfin who married PRince Egon zu Fürstenberg adopted the use of "von Fürstenberg" - she is the dress designer.

The princely family is not royal (as in royal highnesses). It is a mediatized princely family.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Nobility

What does mediatized mean?
Old 04-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Nobility

mediatised means: something or someone is very much discussed and present in the media: tv, newpapers, magazines, gosspi columns.....etc.

in germany there are lot of princely families due to the history of germany, but only few of them are known to the general public because they are mediatizsed a lot. i would count among those: thurn und taxis, fürstenberg, schaumburg-lippe,say-wittgenstein-berleburg ect.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Commoner

hi karolina.mediatised in this sense has nothing to do with the word media,as in books or newspapers. basicaly it means that a family held an immediate fife from the holy roman empreor.this gave the family soverignty.after the congress of vienna these families lost their soverign rights but held onto their equal status. this allowed them to continue intermarying with the reigning royal/princely houses.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Poppy@Apr 29th, 2004 - 7:40 am
What does mediatized mean?
this article is one of the best English-language articles on mediatized families

http://members.aol.com/eurostamm/mediatize.html
Old 04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by kcc@Apr 29th, 2004 - 9:02 am
hi karolina.mediatised in this sense has nothing to do with the word media,as in books or newspapers. basicaly it means that a family held an immediate fife from the holy roman empreor.this gave the family soverignty.after the congress of vienna these families lost their soverign rights but held onto their equal status. this allowed them to continue intermarying with the reigning royal/princely houses.
sorry, this is very embarassing, i had not the slightest idea, obviously
Old 04-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Commoner

are the children of diane and egon recognised as members of the princely house. i read dianes auto-bio a while back and remember a blurb(almost in passing)in which she mentions that her father-in-law did not attend the wedding because the head of the house did not approve of the marriage, due i believe to dianes being jewish. how are their relations with their cousins(distant i know)today.this particular branch of the family seems to have made something of themselves,with alex's marriage to a miller and the fact that alex and tatiana are said to be media mogul barry dillers heirs. due they hold a grudge against their furstenburg relations.very gossipy i know.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:39 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Technically, the marriage is not equal. It is difficult to say how much contact there is as the Fürstenberg family has many branches, and they descend from junior lines. I would be surprised if the kids have contact with the head of the house and his family.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:40 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Quote:
sorry, this is very embarassing, I had not the slightest idea, obviously. blush
Karolina,

don't be hard on yourself ... your response was one of the most creative answers in a long time ... I loved it.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by kcc@Apr 29th, 2004 - 1:39 pm
are the children of diane and egon recognised as members of the princely house. i read dianes auto-bio a while back and remember a blurb(almost in passing)in which she mentions that her father-in-law did not attend the wedding because the head of the house did not approve of the marriage, due i believe to dianes being jewish. how are their relations with their cousins(distant i know)today.this particular branch of the family seems to have made something of themselves,with alex's marriage to a miller and the fact that alex and tatiana are said to be media mogul barry dillers heirs. due they hold agrudge against their Furstenburg relations.very gossipy i know.
I do not believe they have titles as "prince" or "Princess." They are Barry Diller's heirs because he loves them and has no children of his own. VF's family didn't approve the marriage to DVF because she is Jewish, but I think that the kids are close to their cousins--I mean they had Alex VF's kids' christenings in Europe, and it looked like there were plenty of VF cousins there. I don't know what you mean by "made something of themselves," but if they did, it's all because of the drive and ambition of Diane. In case you haven't heard, Alex is divorced from Alex Miller; in any case, I think if he inherits even half of Barry Diller's estate, he would be much richer than Alex Miller.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Oprah had a short segment a few years ago where Alexandra gave her a little tour of the cottage. She said it was a wedding present from her mother-in-law. Alexandra struck me as nicer and more down-to-earth than she appears in photos.

Tags
house of fürstenberg, nobility, royalty