Palais Auersperg, Vienna
The Palace was built between 1706-1710. In 1777 Johann Adam, Fürst Auersperg, friend and confidant of Emperor Franz-Stephan and Empress Maria Theresia, bought the Palais, at that time still called Palais Rofrano
. In 1786 the Palais was renamed Palais Auersperg
In 1940 Prince Ferdinand Auersperg (1887–1942) inherited the Palais and on his death two years later it passed to his sister Princess Christiane von Cröy who lived with her family in the upper rooms during World War II. Members of the Resistance were hidden in the Palais and there is a sign near the entrance in commemoration.
The palace was sold in 1953 to Konsul Alfred Weiss, founder of Arabia Kaffee.
v Palais Auersperg, Vienna
Content and photograph courtesy of Wikipedia, reproduced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence.