Princely Families of Oettingen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm greatly looking forward to this wedding! It will be one of the mayor noble weddings this year, with a very interesting guest list. I assume that they will go by the tradition of marrying from the bride's home, although she already lives in GB. And apart from some British royals, the guest list will also comprise some of the creme de la creme of British and German aristocracy. Let's hope that they'll announce the date soon!

Both families have some impressive diamond tiaras between them. But I think that the bride will wear the tiara from her own family, as did her sister and sister-in-law.
Royal Musings: The wedding of the Hereditary Prince of Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Spielberg

Here are the groom's sisters at their respective weddings:
[FONT=&quot]Lady Melissa Percy arrives to her wedding to Thomas van Straubenzee... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
Lady Katie With Her Father The Duke Of Northumberland Leave Alnwick... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [/FONT]

Thanks Tilia , Both Weddings ended by a divorce a few year after the Wedding.

I'm greatly looking forward to this wedding! It will be one of the mayor noble weddings this year, with a very interesting guest list. I assume that they will go by the tradition of marrying from the bride's home, although she already lives in GB. And apart from some British royals, the guest list will also comprise some of the creme de la creme of British and German aristocracy. Let's hope that they'll announce the date soon!

Just suppose Lord Max does succeed to his father's title (perhaps his brother won't marry).

If so, would Nora keep her princess title, or would she go by Duchess of Northumberland?

Just suppose Lord Max does succeed to his father's title (perhaps his brother won't marry).

If so, would Nora keep her princess title, or would she go by Duchess of Northumberland?

she will keep both titles like Her Royal Highness Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington, Duchess of Ciudad Rodrigo .

she will keep both titles like Her Royal Highness Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington, Duchess of Ciudad Rodrigo .

But she would be styled as Duchess of Northumberland. Princess Antonia is also never styled as Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington but as the Duchess of Wellington.
Foreign Princely Titles are not recognized in the UK.

Antonia of Wellington isn't a HRH on account of her fathers morganatic marriage to Lady Bridgid Guinness. There's also doubt if she and her siblings are entitled to any German styles or titles since her father was naturalised as a British subject under the name Mr Friedrich von Preussen, having as customary is relinquished all foreign titles.

Antonia of Wellington isn't a HRH on account of her fathers morganatic marriage to Lady Bridgid Guinness. There's also doubt if she and her siblings are entitled to any German styles or titles since her father was naturalised as a British subject under the name Mr Friedrich von Preussen, having as customary is relinquished all foreign titles.
There are many Prussian princes who did not marry equally, but they didn't loose their style and title because of that. They just dropped out of the line of succession, but keep their titles for themselves and their descendants. So that is not the point. The point is, that the descendants of Lady Bridgid Guiness have British passports. And Britain does not allow their citizens to keep foreign styles and titles. (Well, I think there are exceptions, but after two World Wars they were not going to make an exception for the von Prussia family, afaik.)

But she isn't even a royal highness in Germany, is she? I mean aren't German titles now incorporated into a person's surname?

So even if foreign titles could be used in Britain, there are no more German titles to use.

But she isn't even a royal highness in Germany, is she? I mean aren't German titles now incorporated into a person's surname?

So even if foreign titles could be used in Britain, there are no more German titles to use.

She would be a Serene Highness in Germany. Legally there are no Titles and styles in Germany but the Title is her surname "Nora, Prinzessin zu Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg" in her passport. The styles are still often used in society

Last edited:
There are still connections between the BRF and several German House. E.g. the Oettingen couple have been invited to William and Kate's wedding, and I assume that the official invite listed the old styles and titles in the old ways, not just as Mr. and Mrs. Oettingen. Most royal houses still acknowledge the old titles of disposed royals and nobles. The issue with the British branch of the Prussia family is that they British passports, are subjects of the queen, and the German name laws don't apply to them. For them the British law counts. So they lost the title (even as part of their name) similarly to the Princes of Battenberg, who even anglicized their name and became Mounbattens.

Hello...wedding of Princess Nora of Oettingen

Does anyone from the members here follow closely the German royals?
I have read on the RF forum that Princess Nora of Oettingen and Lord Max Percy have tied the knot this Saturday 15th July. It’s seems it was a very private wedding as there has not been any media coverage going on or on the social media scene.. :ermm:

I have read on the RF forum that Princess Nora of Oettingen and Lord Max Percy have tied the knot this Saturday 15th July. It’s seems it was a very private wedding as there has not been any media coverage going on or on the social media scene.. :ermm:
Look here for a post about the Oettingen tiara. Theres also a link to an article with a photo of the bridal couple.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/07/15/oettingen-spielberg-tiara/

Theres also a few pics here on the Instagram of the brides sister-in-law Cleo

https://www.instagram.com/cleovonadelsheim/

thanks for the reply..it's similar to what I have found while searching online anyway I guess we'll have to respect the privacy ;)

This Wedding took place in small Circle in the Church of Hirschbrunn Castle which is owned by te Princely Family. The Weddings of her siblings took place in a public Church in Oettingen.

The child of Herdeitary Prince Franz-Albrecht & Hereditary Princess Cleopatra von Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg was already born - it can be concluded from last photo of Cleopatra's instagram account (a room decorated with balloons for the welcoming of her and baby returning from hospital) and best wishes for the family of three from the commenters:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZIFkPigKIh/?taken-by=cleovonadelsheim

Young mom posted this photo three days ago.
She was due to give birth in August, so the baby was probably two weeks overdue (maybe induced labour).

The child of Herdeitary Prince Franz-Albrecht & Hereditary Princess Cleopatra von Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg was already born - it can be concluded from last photo of Cleopatra's instagram account (a room decorated with balloons for the welcoming of her and baby returning from hospital) and best wishes for the family of three from the commenters:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZIFkPigKIh/?taken-by=cleovonadelsheim

Young mom posted this photo three days ago.
She was due to give birth in August, so the baby was probably two weeks overdue (maybe induced labour).

Their daughter is called Matilda Galilea.

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended the "Clash de Cartier - The Opera" event at Eisbachstudios in Munich yesterday, October 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Albrecht Ernst of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg attended the New Year's reception of the Bavarian State Government in Munich yesterday, January 10:

** Pic **

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended the Bulgari B.zero1 event at Alhambra Berlin in Berlin yesterday, November 5:

** Pic **

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended the Dior Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2022 show as part of Paris Fashion Week today, January 24:

** Pic **

Anna zu Oettingen-Wallerstein and Carl-Eugen zu Oettingen-Wallerstein attended the exhibition opening "Magic Rococo" by Mauro Bergonzoli at Schaezlerpalais in Augsburg on February 10:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended the Dior Womenswear Fall/Winter 2022/2023 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on March 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended the presentation of the new coffee machine WMF Perfection at Haus der Kunst in Munich yesterday, April 12:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Cleo of Oettingen-Spielberg attended a celebration for the new Aquazzura x Mytheresa capsule collection in Sorrent, Italy, on June 18:

** gallery **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom