The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Austria and Germany

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 AM
Nobility

I hope they don't end up like Princess Lillian and Prince Bertil who had to wait decades before they were allowed to marry.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

Carina speaks Danish! I read that in an article the other day.! The Article even states that she speaks PERFECT Danish.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Courtier

Carina was even in one of the photos for Princess Benedikte's and Prince Richard's 2008 Christmas/2009 New Year card.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Could you please post it?

Josette

If Prince Gustav and Carina have a son (born out-of-wedlock) and Prince Gustav adopts him, would he be the heir to the title and everthing that goes with that title?

Josette
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Carina was even in one of the photos for Princess Benedikte's and Prince Richard's 2008 Christmas/2009 New Year card.
I was wondering if Carina was in a Christmas card with the family. She seems to be included regularly in family events, so this does make sense. Does anyone know if she spent Christmas with his family, or did she spend it with her own family?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I was wondering if Carina was in a Christmas card with the family. She seems to be included regularly in family events, so this does make sense. Does anyone know if she spent Christmas with his family, or did she spend it with her own family?

hello,

can you post the christmas card?

thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
If Prince Gustav and Carina have a son (born out-of-wedlock) and Prince Gustav adopts him, would he be the heir to the title and everthing that goes with that title?

Josette
I would highly doubt it - without the sanctity of marriage, the son's birth
would not be legitimate - even if he were to be adopted.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

if i remember correctly, thats what the will implies, that he can adopt a legal heir, so i think a son out of wedlock but legally adopted might qualify (this whole "noble arian" issue is so last century) if they have no children and he doesn't adopt an heir, who gets the title and money?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
if i remember correctly, thats what the will implies, that he can adopt a legal heir, so i think a son out of wedlock but legally adopted might qualify (this whole "noble arian" issue is so last century) if they have no children and he doesn't adopt an heir, who gets the title and money?
she is 40 i belive, difficult for her at this time to get pregnant, not impossible, the the treatments of today but she have to hurry up! may be they don't want kids, who knows?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Am back after a short break and see that noone has mentioned the upcoming change in German family law which will become valid at the beginning of next year.

This law revises a law that became valid in 1875 which forced the churches to only marry people religiously when they had married by the state's lwa before. From 1.1.2009 church marriages and state marriages are two seperate bodies of law again like it was in 1875 and before.

How does that influence Gustaf and Carina?

A will with a provision about the marriage of an heir most likely will only affect a marriage by public law. Houselaws which are older than 1875 most probably are build around religious marriages, as public marriages did not really exist before that date. So when in 2009 these two types of marriage are seperated as bodies of law, Gustaf could marry Carina in church (probably valid according to his houselaws when it comes to produce legitimate heirs) while not marry her in a public office. It's a discussion going on if a church wedding consists of an "important reason" for a name change according to general law but as far as I could find out most experts say that it is.

So if Gustav married Carina in church, she could even get a name change to Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and bear "legitimate" children with a claim to both the name and the inheritance of their father while the will is not affected by it.

I personally like that idea for Gustaf and Carina's sake, though I wished the will's provision about an "Aryan" marriage would be declared void. But who knows when and if this will happen!
I remembered reading this post when written; does anyone know if this is possible for Gustav?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a link to a Swedish newspaper that recently published some news about Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson.

Scroll down to the section about January for the Gustav and Carina mention:

DET BLIR ETT KUNGLIGT FESTÅR FÖR MARY - KVP.se

Basically, the part about Gustav and Carina states that Gustav's 40th birthday is coming up. It will be celebrated (the author doesn't mention anything about how it will be celebrated). This is (according to the author) a good time for Gustav and Carina to become engaged. The author feels that the German government should be able to overturn the Aryan requirement.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 AM

Any Updates?

I've been following the story of Carina and her prince through the messages posted on this board. It's quite a story.

Are there any updates to their situation? Does anyone know how and where they spent the holidays?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't heard how they spent the holidays, but if you scroll up, you will see that Carina was featured in Prince Gustav's family Christmas card.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:14 AM

Does anyone know how many languages Carina speaks? I believe she's fluent in English (her native language), Spanish and French. What about Danish and German?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

The Danish press reported that she spoke fluently in Danish while present at an event a little while a go.

Josette
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Gatos View Post
Does anyone know how many languages Carina speaks? I believe she's fluent in English (her native language), Spanish and French. What about Danish and German?
I believe that in an earlier article (I'm sorry, I can't seem to find it) Carina was asked about taking Danish lessons. She stated to the reporter that she was finding Danish easier to learn than German. I don't know if she is fluent in German, or not, but it sounds like she has definitely studied it.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Basically, the part about Gustav and Carina states that Gustav's 40th birthday is coming up. It will be celebrated (the author doesn't mention anything about how it will be celebrated).
Nothing was published about his birthday, was it?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Nothing was published about his birthday, was it?
I was never able to find anything. I wonder if they had a private celebration? Even if they did, you would think that some of the information about how they celebrated would have been released after the fact. I hope that he had a nice birthday.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

There was a party, but it got called of. Prince Gustav got ill. Ofcourse there is a chance that it was celebrated later on.

Source: Billed Bladet.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thank you, ladies!
I was looking for something, since this was a round birthday... I hope they enjoyed a nice private celebration though.

Closed Thread

Tags
carina axelsson, prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg