Prince Ernst August of Hanover : Biography and earlier pics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iceflower said:
That question is not silly at all :) Her full name is Maryam Sachs, she and her husband Rolf are good friends of Caroline and Ernst, you can also see all of them together on the latest Grand Prix pics.
Thank you very much Iceflower.;)

he's such a handsome guy...and is a child at heart...but he does seem to me to be a bit of a flirt in other pics i'v seen of him

Kastalia said:
Thank you very much Iceflower.;)
You are most welcome, Kastalia! :)

Some more nice pics of a charming Ernst :) :

11k8euf.jpg
11k8fgn.jpg
11k8hv9.jpg

(OGGI, BUNTE)

Great pics Ice, thanks.....

Ullstein Bild

At his baptism

11ry6pw.jpg

Ernst is on the tricycle, and you can see Queen Sophia on the right

11ry6gm.jpg

And a great random pic

11ry6v6.jpg

Together with Albert and Rolf in 1998:

13zvcyo.jpg

(HOLA)

mailing address

:flowers:
Does anyone know Prince Ernst August's mailing address?

This is am intersting article/biography about Prince Ernst-August.

The Importance of Being Ernst.

The Evening Standard. Publication Date: October 14, 2005. Page Number: 37.

...'Ernst is very charming, and is much more at ease with himself,' says a German friend. 'He knew he had to change his ways, and so far he really seems to be doing well. He has such a strong character that it was never going to be easy. But he is a really good guy and, so far, it's been a near-miraculous turnaround.' According to friends, rather than living in Germany, where he is hounded by the press, he now spends more time at his beautiful, walled country estate in Austria, between Salzburg and Graz. 'Ernst is very amusing and excellent company,' says a German aristocrat friend. 'Women love his company. He can be hot-blooded, and has certainly overdone it in the past, as we all know, but after his recent health scare in Monaco, you could say he has modified his lifestyle....

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst;jsess...g2my1qqDc2yhy1jy!-1289904657?a=o&d=5011350623

;) OMG! PRINCE ERNST S LIPS SMILING LOOKING LIKE SIMON COWELL S :ROFLMAO:

Exactly what does Prince Ernst do? Does he have any royal duties?

That's what I too would like to know - what exactly DOES this man DO, aside from tailing along with Princess Caroline to formal and private events in Monaco and elsewhere? All I ever see of him is when he is standing beside or behind Caroline, and either smoking or drinking (although perhaps he has curtailed his drinking since being hospitalized).

I was under the impression that he was independently wealthy and doesn't really need to work. Isn't that the case? While I agree most of us would be bored stiff.....if its all you know...maybe its not so bad.

True, Ernst is a wealthy man in his own right, and true, perhaps this is the only lifestyle he has known. I think, if I may, that there seems to be an element of 'waste'; by that I mean those who seem to coast through life, those who could utilize their intelligence and talents to contribute, to make a real difference in others lives, and yet they sit back and enjoy the ride - their talents and energy focused on the mundane.

Don't get me wrong; after all, I do not know Ernst, and I could be wrong here. But from all the photos I've seen of him through the years, he seems to be perpetually partying hard, vacationing, or touring exhibits/galleries, etc.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I myself would go a little bonkers if my life was comprised of only the above.

while i agree i think i would go a little mad if i didn't have something to do everyday... but really what is the difference in ernst's lifestyle and a retired person (wealth aside)

I think the primary difference is that Ernst, at, what, 52 (?) is not an elderly man. Also he seems to have lived this particular lifestyle for quite some time now, if not all his life. Oh well, I suppose with wealth comes some degree of apathy and inertia.

I'm not slamming the guy, I'm just making an observation.

I once read he makes documentaries, does anybody know something?

Yeah I read that, too, Rosana. And I also read that he owns several businesses in London, if I remember right. And we can't forget that he is still the Head of the Hanoverian House, so I think that owning several castles and estates counts as well.

kittencrews said:
while i agree i think i would go a little mad if i didn't have something to do everyday... but really what is the difference in ernst's lifestyle and a retired person (wealth aside)

The difference between an average retired person and Ernst is that an average retired has not so much money, and he can not do as much thinks as can do a person like Ernst, travelling, sporting, going to theater premieras and exhibitions, all around the world, you can really fill you day, and also Ernst is young, so he does not get tired once he takes a plane... an average retired is usually more than 65, so he can not ran around like a creasy, he stays at home, waches TV, and sometimes he can get easily bored.

yes, i understand that money is a big difference that is why i said wealth aside, but why should we critize ernst when he was born that way, it isn't our right to critize him because he is priviledged... i'm sure we can name other wealthy people who do MUCH LESS than Ernst

kittencrews said:
yes, i understand that money is a big difference that is why i said wealth aside, but why should we critize ernst when he was born that way, it isn't our right to critize him because he is priviledged... i'm sure we can name other wealthy people who do MUCH LESS than Ernst

Absolutely, we can not criticize them, and I'm sure that he is not bored from his life, he seems to be a good husband and father, he is rich, BUT normal, he is not the kind of bored rich people who do not know how to kill their days and they do crazy thinks only to draw other people's attention

Well this is my first post and I have to put in a word for those of us who would NOT be bored stiff by not having to work to survive.

There is much in travel, reading, art and music, as well as with the ability---and time---to share these things with ones children...much.
If Ernst is enjoying his life and his family why ever should he pretend to be under middle class constraints? I certainly wouldn't!
No more should he expect us to emulate HIS life and priorities.

Callaghan said:
Well this is my first post and I have to put in a word for those of us who would NOT be bored stiff by not having to work to survive.

There is much in travel, reading, art and music, as well as with the ability---and time---to share these things with ones children...much.
If Ernst is enjoying his life and his family why ever should he pretend to be under middle class constraints? I certainly wouldn't!
No more should he expect us to emulate HIS life and priorities.

I agree with you. Ernst is not a public person and he does not receive any money from tax payers, so he is free to live his life as he wants.

Healthly shopping for Prince Ernst in St. Remy:)

Pic

iceflower said:
Here are two more pictures, they were both taken in spring 1999 at Prince Rainier's jubilee - the first one is from the breakfast, the second one from the lunch inside the palace :)

Ernst August 1999 - 1
Ernst August 1999 - 2

It is difficult to understand someone drinking wine at breakfast...you haven't even open your stomach and already drink alcohol???:ermm: :wacko:

I guess if a person is an alcoholic the time is not a problem but having said that this was imo happened before his pancreatic problem in 2005.

I just have to ask, just what is it Prince Ernst do for a living?

sashajones said:
I just have to ask, just what is it Prince Ernst do for a living?
I know he´s an ingeneer, don´t know if he makes something related to that, he makes documentaries, and of course he has a lot of money and we see he has a lot of time off to spend in ceremonial duties.

Back
Top Bottom