The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
The boys don't appear to appreciate their heritage much as these items are from their ancestors. Perhaps keeping all these items is also costly - I'm almost sure these are insured - and that these items are no longer in use so better to auction them off?
It's not that they don't appreciate their heritage, I'm very sure they do, but I'm guessing it's for economical reasons, as you pointed out.

Also, when you have a treasure, why keep it? Isn't it better to share a bit of history with the world?

Old 10-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Their mother is also from a wealthy family, so why the need for cash? The boys don't appear to appreciate their heritage much as these items are from their ancestors. Perhaps keeping all these items is also costly - I'm almost sure these are insured - and that these items are no longer in use so better to auction them off?
The cost of maintaining a property the size of Marienbourg (let say just the cleaning, warming, electricity, security and water bills) is of several millions $ a year. The family is nice enough to open the castle to the public, which mean more costs in security and staff. I don't see why Chantal's father has to pay for that ( ) or why they should blow all their inheritance in this property. They have other properties to maintain and they must maintain their fortune for the next generations.
Beside, Hanover is a former RF, so their treasures are limitless. Whatever they sell is a fraction of what they own. So don't worry, there will be plenty of historical treasures to see when they will open Marienbourg to the public.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
It's not that they don't appreciate their heritage, I'm very sure they do, but I'm guessing it's for economical reasons, as you pointed out.

Also, when you have a treasure, why keep it? Isn't it better to share a bit of history with the world?
Good point. I am sure it must have been difficult to decide what to sell and what to keep.

When you no longer have a kingdom and a treasury to help with your upkeep, you have to take drastic measures sometimes...

Think about this though...had things worked out differently and Queen Victoria had been a male, and everyone down on had been born in the same sequence through the Hanovers....the Hanover line would more than likely continued to be ruling in England today.

And Ernst August would have been King and junior and his brother here would have been the heir and the spare.....:)
Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody know if Ernst is still dating Margherita Coccapani Missoni?
From Getty
Margherita Maccapani Missoni Celebrates The Fall 2008 Collection,15 Apr 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=2
Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Article from 18/4/2008

Prince Ernst-August jr. invited 60 guests to Schloss Marienburg in Bavaria to celebrate the 850th anniversairy of the city of Munich.

The article also says that schloss Marienburg attrackts over 200.000 visitors a year and many Japanese took the opportunity to take a picture of/with the prince while he was there.

An article from Bunte in German here.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Does anybody know if Ernst is still dating Margherita Coccapani Missoni?
From Getty
Margherita Maccapani Missoni Celebrates The Fall 2008 Collection,15 Apr 2008.
Image Results
They 're not dating anymore, but still very close as they have many mutual friends. It's easy to see them together in friends parties and meetings.
But i haven't seen them kissing since their break up, so i believe they just friends now. Or pretend very well being friendly wt each other.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:31 PM

Does anyone know if Christian is dating anyone right now?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana7291 View Post
Does anyone know if Christian is dating anyone right now?
By english connection's Christian is happily single...at least since the last time he dropped by somewhere near London.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Commoner

It´s fom april 2008 .
To celebrate an 850 anniversary of Munich (München).
A Guelph ancestor to be regarded as founder of Munich.
Location Marienburg near Hannover.

It´s my firts article and i hope the link works:

RTLregional.de - Video - Welfenfest
Old 10-26-2008, 03:35 AM
Administrator

The link works fine hardkte - thanks for sharing it and welcome to the Forums!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Can anyone pls translate the video link? I would love to know wat is bein said!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Translation of the video

The prince is coming and is welcomed adhering his standards by horsemen, which are dressed like knights, of the riding school of Bückeburg to celebrate the 850th birthday of Bavarian city München (Munich). But why do they celebrate the birthdays of a city in south Germany in a castle in northern Germany? It has a historical reason.

Woman in the traditional bavarian dress: We are on the trail of Heinrich dem Löwen (Henry the lion) member of the Guelph dynasty in the dark age and founder of our beautiful city Munich. He founded Munich and first it was just a small village and nobody could expect what would grow out of the village "Munichen" (this is the name at that time; bei den Möchen - near the friars).

Even if Ernst August VI opens his castle and welcomes a lot of people he doesn't foreground himself. He dislikes posing and never gives interviews because he or his family never did that before and he wants to keep that tradition which is a tradition since centuries. Also the journalists today can't break his silence on that evening. Therefore we ask the persons who were sitting next to him.

The woman in the dress again: He was very nice and pleasant. A person you can have good conversation with. A sympathic young man.

Man: You recognize that he has a good and controlled behaviour, what is normal in his family (his dad???). But because of this controlled behaviour you can't see the human Ernst August onehundred percent.

At the end of the evening Ernst August becomes a prince-head-in-the-air (I don't know it that is the right translation because it is part of a German fairy-tale) to watche the wonderful fireworks. After that he gets a little present by the city of Munich and he thanks perfectly in form.

Woman: That is a little present for you (gives him the red box)
EA: Thank you, thank you very much ("kisses" her hand)
Woman: I wish you all the best and also the best for the Marienburg.
EA: Thanks again.

Woman: The gift was a silk tie with the pattern of the the famous coat King Ludwig II of Bavaria has worn while he was crowned.

At the moment the prince is living in New York City and he will finish his studies soon. And probably that the 25 year old will come back to Hanover then. Because noblesse oblige!

Sorry for my bad englisch, hope that helps
Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM

Hi

Does anybody know, what they are doing at the moment?
Or any events with them coming up?
Do they still study- in New York?
I would just love to know more about them.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Commoner

i think Ernst still in NYC bc i've seen him out and about with Niki Bismarck a while ago. I don't know if he's working or what
But Christian is working in London or Brighton not so sure in a textile.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 PM

I found some pictures of Christian and Ernst jr. along with the Casiraghi kids and Ernst and caroline on the website RDuJour, I don't know how to post a link but I can give the address to copy and paste, here it is: The Casiraghi Clan | RDuJour
Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Commoner

I have found some pictures in the this thread :
Princess Caroline & Family - Summer Vacation 2008, 2009...

I`m not sure- is the man with green shorts and beard Ernst Jr.?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...raghi/7949.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...raghi/7950.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee244/allies_photo_album/Casiraghi/7955.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee244/allies_photo_album/Casiraghi/7958.jpg
Old 07-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

mmmm..he looks like him, specially in the first pic. I'm not sure, but he might be Ernst Jr.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:47 PM

it doesn't look like Ernst Jr. to me, but it still could be
Old 11-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Commoner

Hey, i just wanted to add that it seems Christian is working on with Tatiana's brother, Julio III's party project named Sheik 'n' Beik, in NYC.
And the guy in green shorts with Pierre isn't Ernst, he's known as JT ( Jean Thierry).