Prince Ernst August Jr & Prince Christian of Hanover: 2004-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit to have changed my mind about EA jr. I regarded him always as a bit aloof; but now I came to the conclusion he´s just a bit shy person who´s not at ease in the public eye. I thought it was very nice of him telling, when being asked by this reporter, he was very nervous about the whole occasion, all the responsibilities he feels that everything goes right etc.
I was touched when this quite young man spoke about his constant sorrows about the ministry of the Hanover heritage and Marienburg castle in his speech.

Is Prince Ernst August (the father) so much of a persona non grata within the family that he didnt' attend. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate for him to be the host rather than his son?

^^ that's a good question. Ernst August (the father) doesn't attend anything related with the Hannover family for quite some time. It's EA jr who is taking a more prominent role and being prepared to be the head of the family, I think. I wonder if the father is OK with (or even sees this as a relief from his duties) or someone else (who?) is putting him more and more to the side.

Prince Ernst August sr. has already some years ago given the adimistration of the Familiy posessions to his oldest son.

Last edited by a moderator:
EA junior overtook the administration of the heritage of Marienburg castle 10 years ago when he was 20 from his father. EA jr has become more and more involved with the social life of Hanover and the region although he still lives in London. But it is said he will move sooner or later to Hanover completely to be able to take full responsibilities for the family´s heritage.
So, in this regard, it is EA jr´s very own responsibility and task to deal with everything concerning Marienburg castle, especially at official events.
EA senior has nothing to do with it anymore (would be quite odd to hand it over to his eldest son without effect).

Any idea why Sr handed it over? EA Jr seems to take the responsibility seriously which is wonderful to see.

Here a link with lots of pictures of the young (Guelph) Welfs girlfriends:

ERNESTO DE HANNOVER (HIJO) ABRE EXPOSICIÓN SOBRE CASA DE HANNOVER | Página 3 | Cotilleando - El mejor foro de cotilleos sobre la realeza y los famosos

Ernst August juniors girlfriend name is Ekaterina Malysheva from Prague-Czech Republic, she has learned fashion design in London.

Christians girlfriend name is Alessandra de Osma from Lima-Perú, she leaves with him in Madrid and hat a terrific family story, one of her father’s young brothers, killed a neighbor and let the body like rubbish at the beach. :(

Last edited:
In the coverage about the opening of the exhibitioon one repiorter spoke with Prince Heinrich. He said that his brother Erst August did not much in regards to etablish Marienburg Castle as touristic destination. He said their father did much in this direction but under his brother not much was done. Only when his nephew took over the administration more was done again in this direction.

Thanks for sharing the link and the informations about their girlfriends. Is it the same woman who accompanied Christian to the Borromeo-von Furstenberg wedding? I recall a similar girl wearing a yellow dress who at the time was identified as his girlfriend. (don't remember her name but think it was also said she was from latin-america).

Is Prince Ernst August (the father) so much of a persona non grata within the family that he didnt' attend. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate for him to be the host rather than his son?

I think we can best compare it with Fürst Hans-Adam von und zu Liechtenstein having handed over the reins to his son Erbprinz Aloïs. De jure Hans-Adam is head of the dynasty, de facto his son Aloïs is in charge of business.

In Hannover Ernst-August Sr von Hannover is head of the dynasty, de facto his son Ernst-August Jr is in charge of business. The difference is that a Hans-Adam, or a Beatrix, or a Jean are not completely invisible. Ernst-August Sr seems to prefer to withdraw from public life. Probably also because he knows when he turns up, with or without Caroline, all attention goes to him and no longer to the Jubilee.

Ernst August junior is the face for the events; the head of the firma is his uncle Heinrich von Hannover, the youngster brother of Ernst August V von Hannover.

Heinrich has a son with a German-starlet, but he married Thyra Sixtina Donata von Westernhagen a woman of the nobles, they have 3 children together.

Last edited:
It is a very impressive exhibition. Both sons of Prince Ernst August are handsome. Princess Gloria looks quirky as usual.

I went to see the exhibition last weekend. I was a bit disappointed by how small it was and I hated that you cannot go in without a guide (who also said some things that were not correct).

:previous:
Thanks for sharing details about the exhibition!:flowers:
I am surprised to learn that the exhibition is not as grand as it appears in the press report.

Royal exhibition

I visited last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, it is small and should be visited after touring the main castle. The exhibition builds on the castle tour and it is interesting to see not only the Crown Jewels but also personal items such as uniforms. The exhibition should be seen as part of a whole castle experience otherwise you will be slightly disappointed. And if going to Germany then I would recommend the British Royal Heritage exhibitions at Hanover and Celle.

I found this part curious:

- English was his first language and he only started to speak German regularly when he was about 7 when he attended the German school in London
- he has trouble speaking German when he hasn't done it for a few months which was especially difficult a few years ago when he visited Germany every only once in a while and everyone expected him to speak German perfectly ("because my name is Ernst")

That means he didn't speak german at home, not even with his father.

Ernst August of Hanover Jr speak germna and english obviously but someone know if he can speak french?

Does he even spend much time with his father?

It is weird that the son of a German father and a German mother with a prominent position in German society and history has "difficulties" to speak the language. When the surroundings of a baby (der Vater und die Mutter) speak German, a baby should automatically develop that language too.

Well, his german is pretty fluent. I heard him speak on several occasions and he understands and can say anything he likes in german almost flawless. But it is obvious he hardly spend his life in germany until adulthood. Remember he hardly spoke the language up to when he was 7. He later went to a british college; that means a whole day of complete english surrounding, english speaking friends, english homework, soccer club etc. Later he went to a british boarding school where he spend all his time except for the holidays.

In the interview that was posted above ("Hallo Niedersachsen") he said german was NOT his mother-tongue!
I know from my daily experience that immigrant children often start to communicate only in the language they use at school and with friends. Parents ask something in the mother tongue and the child answers in the language of the adopted country, no matter if the parents are happy about that or not.

I used the 'suche' function and found a short clip of the Erbprinz speaking German which sounds fine (although he should perhaps learn to control his hands better when presenting the Hannover crown to the media!):lol:

He look like polite, smart, fine and a little bit shy :) In my opinion (So much compliments) ;)
I never see a video of Ernst August of Hanover Jr speaking english :|
I agree with you he moves a lot his hands LOL He look like a great guy!

I went to see the exhibition last weekend. I was a bit disappointed by how small it was and I hated that you cannot go in without a guide (who also said some things that were not correct).
I was there,too, and i liked the exhibition, but disliked the same things.
There was no time to look at the objects- I think, as a visitor, you go there to see just them. My luck, i live rather near the castle. I can go there again.

But you have to see the great exhibition in the Landesmuseum. (Hannover)
"Als die Royals aus Hannover kamen"
"When the Royals came from Hanover"

Awesome! And one can go unguided, so you can take the time you need.
I needed three hours for the exhibition, enjoyed it much and will visit it again.

There are other exhibitions, that are part of the great exhibition, i have to see yet.
(In Celle, and another one in Hannover)

I´m glad I found this forum. I´m a royal watcher and collector for years, and especially interested in the royal Houses of Hanover and Prussia. But i´m so not used to writing in english:))
Reading is no problem, but i don´t write that much.

He look like polite, smart, fine and a little bit shy :) In my opinion (So much compliments) ;)
I never see a video of Ernst August of Hanover Jr speaking english :|
I agree with you he moves a lot his hands LOL He look like a great guy!
I agree. But he WAS an ugly ducking when he grew up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom