Prince Ernst August Jr & Prince Christian of Hanover: 2004-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see that the kids have managed to maintain a relationship!

So Christian was "criticall" in structuring the partnership. Yes, it appears that they have definitely worked towards the tradition of making money.

He is only 27, correct? I can see a resemblance to his uncle Heinrich.

Right, good lord striking resemblance :flowers: ! Is there a recent pic of Prince Christian around here ;) ?

Not to be critical, but he looks like he is in his early thirties, rather than 28. Something is making him age quick.

Hmm, I wonder if this means that he will be attending Prince Albert's wedding to Miss Charlene Wittstock? I say this because it states that he stayed there during two occasions thus far ~ during the World Expo and also Prince Rainier's Funeral in 2005.

If so, I will be pleased, because it will mean the whole family is there, including Prince Christian? hopefully. :)^)

I don't think, they will attend because Pr. Caroline seperated from their father, Ernst-August of Hannover.

Hmmm, it's never been *offically* announced that they are separated, even though it is quite obvious to us spectators. They've been living apart since August or September of 2009, and of course Ernst has been flagrantly flaunting his peccadillos for the whole entire world to see! :eek:

But, imho this estrangement does not extend to his children, whom are still close to Caroline's. In fact I've seen photos of Pierre visiting Ernst Jr. in the Middle East just last year (I'm sure if you wanted to do a search on here you could find the aforementioned pics). Also, I recall Andrea went to school/university in NY with one or both of them. And I've seen pics of the whole bunch together (i.e. Ernst Jr., Andrea, Christian, Charlotte, Pierre) walking along at some event in casual clothes, but I admit that was taken a long time ago.

Still, I maintain they are close, they've grown up together for more than half their lives now, since Ernst was 13, Andrea 12, Christian 11, Charlotte 10, and Pierre 9. Additionally, they're all connected through Alexandra, their sister on both sides. :)

So here's hoping they do show up at the wedding! :flowers:

Enjoy the new TRF blog entry on Ernst Jr and Christian: The Hannover Brothers | The Royal Forums

I also hope to see them at the wedding. Christian spends a fair amount of time in Monaco. He's part of the SWS karting team for Stars n' Bars Monte-Carlo, though he's registered from Dubai Autodrome.

Excellent article, CasiraghiTrio, I didn't know you were so well-informed and a superb writer to boot! :cool:

I enjoyed reading every single word and tidbit, a great mix of humour and facts, a lovely lovely read. :)

Here's hoping to see more articles from you in the future, CasiraghiTrio, I mean that. :flowers:

ps: I admit though I don't know anything about "karting teams", et al, totally clueless there. :D

Can someone tell me if Hanover is Ernst surname? I know this may be a silly question but I always had that doubt. Is it the name of the House and also his surname, do they use it in a passport and other documents?

Can someone tell me if Hanover is Ernst surname? I know this may be a silly question but I always had that doubt. Is it the name of the House and also his surname, do they use it in a passport and other documents?

Tough question since Hanoverian royals belong to the the House of Guelph(Welf) and this House is the elder branch of the House d'Este...so,his "surname" could be either Hanover,Guelph or even d'Este as some of the members who were descendants of British royals born in unequal marriage called themselves!

I'm know that Christian uses the name Hanover, so I would assume Ernst would too, but I don't know for sure.

I guess their last name is "Prinz von Hannover" and that they probably use (von) Hannover/Hanover when it isn't an official document.

Enjoy the new TRF blog entry on Ernst Jr and Christian: The Hannover Brothers | The Royal Forums

There is a minor mistake in the article. The 'castle' in Hanover that isn't open to public anymore is called "Fürstenhaus" and it's situated close to the "Herrenhäuser Gärten" in the quarter of Herrenhausen.
The castle named "Schloss Herrenhausen" was destroyed during World War II in 1943. However, there is a plan to rebuild the castle with the help of the Volkswagen Stiftung.

Last edited:
:previous:
Schloss Herrenhausen
rebuilding proposal:
Schloss Herrenhausen

v Schloss Herrenhausen 1895
(photograph not subject to copyright)

Attachments

• Hanover Schloss Herrenhausen 1895.jpg
    Hanover Schloss Herrenhausen 1895.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,279
:previous:

They started rebuilding the castle in September last year and want to finish by autumn 2012. The facade will look exactly like the historical Herrenhaus before it was destroyed and the inside will have a modern look. It will host both a museum as well as a convention centre.

Schloss Herrenhausen: Bauarbeiten beginnen | NDR.de - Regional - Niedersachsen - Hannover/Weser-Leinegebiet

They did something similar with Brunswick Palace. They rebuild the facade of the old castle, it was mostly destroyed during WWII and later demolished in the 1960's, and a modern shopping centre inside. It's quite lovely to, at least, see the old facades reconstructed. At the moment the Stadtschloss in Berlin is also rebuild.

Ah, that looks lovely, I could just imagine it restored to its former brilliance! :cool:

It reminds me of the scene in the movie "Pride and Prejudice" wherein Miss Elizabeth sees Darcy's house/castle for the first time. :heart1:

YouTube - Darcy´s home.

Quick question:

I've noticed on Wikipedia that Princess Alexandra is listed as, along with Hanover, a Princess of Great Britain. Prince Ernst August is also listed as a Prince of Great Britain; Prince Ernst August Jr. and Prince Christian, however, are not. Is there a reason for this? Or is did someone make a mistake...?

Now that Prince William is married and Prince Georg Friedrich will soon be it got me wondering who would be suitable potential spouses for other unmarried heirs. Prince Ernst August was the first one I thought of. Obviously there is no requirement for him to marry a Royal (as his mother wasn’t) but what suitable Princess are there? I found 5 Princess that I thought would be an excellent match, but highly unlikely and five that would be more likely. I wonder what your opinions of these are?
Great potential but highly improbable matches.
Princess Madeline of Sweden
Princess Beatrice or Eugenie of York (wouldn’t it be great if there was a new link between the House of Hanover and the throne of Great Britain)
Princess Theodara of Greece ( I really want her to marry a Prince. At least one of the Kings childrens needs to marry a royal)
Princess Marie Laura of Belgium ( I see no reason why he couldn’t marry a Catholic, his father has)

More probable matches.
Princess Eilika of Anhalt
Princess Sophie of Schleswig Holstein
Duchess Alice of Oldenburg
Princess Irina of Prussia
Princess Johanna of Waldeck Pyrmemont.

Actually there is no reason why the last five would be any more likely than the top five and any of them would be great matches.

What about Princess Maria Anunciata or her sister Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein? They are both single, speak German and are stunning ;-)

orb and sceptre said:
Quick question:

I've noticed on Wikipedia that Princess Alexandra is listed as, along with Hanover, a Princess of Great Britain. Prince Ernst August is also listed as a Prince of Great Britain; Prince Ernst August Jr. and Prince Christian, however, are not. Is there a reason for this? Or is did someone make a mistake...?

Is it because their mother was a commoner?

What about Princess Maria Anunciata or her sister Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein? They are both single, speak German and are stunning ;-)
Yes definatly good matches. The two Princess would make good matches for any Prince.

Right, good lord striking resemblance :flowers: ! Is there a recent pic of Prince Christian around here ;) ?

Here are 2 rare pics of Prince Christian
at the wedding of Antonius von Fürstenberg and Matilde Borromeo on June 11, 2011, Italy

Attachments

• christian.jpg
    christian.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 18,951
  • christian2.jpg
    christian2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 50,846
SweetRomanza said:
Is it because their mother was a commoner?
TRH Prince Ernst August and Prince Christian von Hanover are also considered as 'Prince of Great Britain and Ireland,' just as their father is. At least, it is stated in information provided on the internet.
In this case as their mother was born a 'commoner,' had absolutely no effect on the two brothers. They are 'Prince of Great Britain and Ireland' also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their grandfather was the last Prince of Great Britian and Ireland. Within the first world war german attacked britian. After that, the parliament withdrawed all british titles that were holded by german nobles and royals. AND the royal family changed their family name from saxe-coburg-gotha to Windsor.

The Hanoveranians are NOT Prince/ss of GB and Ireland anymore (but Prince/ss of Hanover and Duke/Duchess of Brunswick and Luneburg)

The Royal House of Hanover may have been deprived of its British titles in Britain but the family has continued to use "Prince of Great Britain and Ireland" up to the present day.

Refer: Die Welfen (official website)
quote: "Ernst August (geb.1954) Prinz von Hannover, Herzog zu Braunschweig und Lüneburg, königlicher Prinz von Großbritannien und Irland"

Even in Britain the full title may used, eg the Sunday Times (May 2008): "His Royal Highness, the Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland"

The practice is no different to that of any former royal, princely or noble House whose members continue to use their ancient or historic titles.

I wonder could Ernst August use family name d'Este?Maybe also titles,by that pattern,as he is senior male line descendant of Azzo II,Marquis d'Este...

Yes,d'Este family and Hanover family are in fact the same family...

Welf IV,son of Marquis Azzo II d'Este and Kunigunde Welf became Duke von Bayern and lived in Germany...his descendants were rulers of Braunschweig,Hanover,Great Britain...

Folco I d'Este,second son of the same Marquis Azzo II d'Este became ancestor of Dukes of Modena and few other branches that stayed in Italy and later became extinct!

So,that's why I asked if Prince Ernst August of Hanover could use the name of d'Este?

Some of the Hanoverians in Britain used this name...Those were children of Augustus,Duke of Sussex who was brother of Ernst I August,King of Hanover and brother of George IV and William IV,Kings of Great Britain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom