The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Michael of Baden, the youngest son of Margrave Max and Margravine Valerie has become engaged to Christina Höhne. The will marry this summer at Salem.
Salem: Prinz Michael von Baden heiratet im Sommer | SÜDKURIER Online

Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to them!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

IIRCat the time of the wedding of prince Bernhard to Steohanie Kaul, I read (in 'Vorsten' magazine perhaps) that if one of his younger brothers would marry 'equally', their descendants would get presendence in the succession over the children of prince Bernhard.

I am not sure if this is still the case or if things changed after more than a decade. They probably did. But this marriage won't create any problems if they didn't.

Congratulations to the couple. Let's hope we will see some pictures of the wedding. I suppose it will be celebrated at Salem.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Congratulations to the couple!

I'm very glad that there is finally another wedding in the House of Baden. Prince Bernhard and Stephanie Kaul married 14 years ago in 2001, while the two youngest brothers as well as their three cousins, the children of Prince Ludwig, are all past 30 and still unmarried.

Yes, Marengo, the article state that they are planning a private family wedding in Salem. I hope that we'll be seeing at least some pics in front of the church. I assume Salem Castle has it's own chapel?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Congratulations to the couple!

I'm very glad that there is finally another wedding in the House of Baden. Prince Bernhard and Stephanie Kaul married 14 years ago in 2001, while the two youngest brothers as well as their three cousins, the children of Prince Ludwig, are all past 30 and still unmarried.

Yes, Marengo, the article state that they are planning a private family wedding in Salem. I hope that we'll be seeing at least some pics in front of the church. I assume Salem Castle has it's own chapel?
Salem Castle has its own chapel. I have visited it four weeks ago. The chapel is wonderful. A place to rest, to concentrate on the important things and to get the mind free.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hope that we'll be seeing at least some pics in front of the church. I assume Salem Castle has it's own chapel?
As Salem Castle is a former monastery there is also a Church there the Münster. But it is a catholic Church and the Family is protestant. But the former dining room of the monastery serves as Betsaal (praying room) for the protestant parish in Salem. There the Wedding of Prince Bernhard and the christenings of his three sons took place.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you Stefan, that is very interesting. Isn't it rare that the church/Münster stayed catholic when the ruling family changed their confession? Do you know when the family became protestants?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you Stefan, that is very interesting. Isn't it rare that the church/Münster stayed catholic when the ruling family changed their confession? Do you know when the family became protestants?
The are protestant for a very long time. Only when there where 2 lines the Margraves of Badebn-Durlach (from which the present line is decending) and the Margraves of Baden-Baden the Baden-Baden line was catholic.
As for Salem it was a monastery on its own and only in 1803 with the Säkularisation it came into the posession of the Grand Ducal House. And in 1805 with the mediatizition the country Baden also got a lot of new property which was catholic.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Commoner

Well I'd buy the castle if I had the money,but I don't. I do hope they find a good use for it.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

On 04.07.2015 the religious Wedding of Prince Michael of Baden and Christina Höhne took place at the Betsaal of Salem Castle.
Here are my pics and a Report: Royal Travel and Events Blog: Michael & Christina - Salem 04.07.2015
Old 07-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Stefan for your work. I see among the guests expect german royals and prince Hassan with his wife. Prince Hassan must have very good relations with the european royals.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Thank you for your report and pictures, Stefan.
It is nice to see the bride wearing the Baden sunburst tiara. The same tiara was already worn by her two sisters-in-law and her mother-in-law on their weddings days. A very nice tradition, imo.

It's also interesting to see so many of the Habsburg relatives, though that is no surprise.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Bunte had an article about the wedding:
Prinz Michael von Baden: Bilderbuch-Hochzeit auf Schloss Salem | BUNTE.de

On the pre-wedding they also celebrated the 82th birthday of Margrave Max von Baden. They had about 200 guests and at the wedding dinner they had regional specialities, including venison.

Tags
baden, german royalty