Grand Ducal House of Baden (Zahringen)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden and wife Stephanie attended the 71st Bambi Awards in Baden-Baden on November 21:

** Pic **

According to Hein Bruins, Prince Berthold of Baden is married!

Prince Berthold of Baden (b.8 October 1976) [second of three children and only son of Prince Ludwig of Baden (b.1937) & his wife Anna Maria (Marianne), nee Princess of Auersperg-Breunner (b.1943)] married Nina Schröder this year.

His younger sister Aglaë (b.3. March 1981) married Wolf von Trotha (b.28 August 1974) in 2019; his elder sister Sophie (b.8 July 1975) is single.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

:previous: That's lovely news! I wonder if they had a civil wedding and are planning on a religious wedding later this year.

The Wedding is scheduled for August but it seems they are already civil married as noticed in the Nobiliana Forum.

On 28. August Prince Berthold, only son of Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne got married to Nina Schröder at the Abbeychurch at Amorbach. The couple already married civil in 2020 and postponed their regligous Wedding because of the Covid-pandemic. They have one daughter Hilda born in February 2020.
I was at Amorbach and here are some pics

Last edited:
Thank you for those pictures, Stefan. :flowers:
So the new Princess Nina wore the same fleur-de-lys tiara that her sister-in-law Princess Aglae wore two years ago.

It's the WFP Nina works for, if somebody is interested, just ask Google or follow her twitteraccount. ;-)

That was sad to hear. Though not very surprising as he has not been in good health for years.

Rest in peace

Sad news. His wife Archiduchess Valerie was much younger !

She is born 1941 so only 8 years younger

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news indeed. Is it known when the funeral will be held?

:previous:

Not yet, on the official website www.haus-baden.eu it currently says:

WORSHIP AND FUNERAL SERVICE

Two memorial services will be held for the Highly Deceased:

An open funeral service for companions, friends and acquaintances as well as employees, former employees and retirees together with the margravial family.

A closed funeral service for the family circle, friendly houses as well as for the representatives of politics, economy and culture.
The exact dates for both funeral services will be announced here shortly.

I which noble and royal houses will be there aside from the Hohenzollern, Hanover, Wurttemberg and a few others? He was the oldest and longest lived of the late DOE nephews

"The House of Baden has announced the dates for the two funeral services for the late Max Margrave of Baden. They will take place in Salem next week. In the coming week, people in the region will be able to say goodbye to Max Margrave of Baden. There will be two funeral services in Salem (Lake Constance district) for him. This was announced by the house of Baden. The funeral services are to be held on 12 January and 13 January in Salem "

https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden...ax-markgraf-von-baden-bekanntgegeben-100.html

Margrave Bernhard von Baden, new head of the House of Baden, walks to the Salem Castle Minster for the funeral service with his wife Princess Stephanie and his mother Margravine Valerie von Baden.

The funeral service is especially for companions, friends and acquaintances as well as current and former employees and retirees. The funeral service for the family circle, friends and representatives from politics, business and culture is planned for January 13.

https://www.gettyimages.es/detail/f...otografía-de-noticias/1246182030?phrase=baden
https://www.gettyimages.es/detail/f...otografía-de-noticias/1246182089?phrase=baden

https://www.pz-news.de/bildergaleri...Max-Markgraf-von-Baden-_mediagalid,64939.html

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attend Prince Friedrich of Wurtenberg's Funerals.
Now the King attends Duke Max Funerals.
I did not know they are so close with the German Royals.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attend Prince Friedrich of Wurtenberg's Funerals.
Now the King attends Duke Max Funerals.
I did not know they are so close with the German Royals.
Yes they definitely are, Duke Friedrich of Wurttemberg’s widow, Duchess Marie was invited to a musical performance in Belgium and was accompanying Queen Mathilde to the event.
Plus Mathilde’s sister married a Marquis Pallavicini who is the nephew of the late Carl of Wurttemberg’s elder sister, the late Duchess Helene (by marriage).

No one from BRF? They didn't send anyone for Max of Baden's funeral. We will not be surprised if they will do the same for Constantine's funeral next monday.
Max is Philip's nephew. It is a shame that the BRF was absent.

No one from BRF? They didn't send anyone for Max of Baden's funeral. We will not be surprised if they will do the same for Constantine's funeral next monday.
Max is Philip's nephew. It is a shame that the BRF was absent.
Landgraf Donatus of Hessen represents King Charles , the Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg represents the Princess Royal and Prince Berthold of Baden represents the Earl of Wessex.

Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein represents her father-in-law Prince Hans Adam, Prince Guillaume von Luxemburg represents his brother the Grand Duke.
Each to their own, but I find it disgraceful that none of the Windsor cousins bothered to attend the funeral. Instead sending representatives (that would have attended the funeral anyway) like the rest of us sends flowers. Princess Anne is of course busy in Cyprus, but couldn't at least one of them take a few hours off?

Landgraf Donatus of Hessen represents King Charles , the Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg represents the Princess Royal and Prince Berthold of Baden represents the Earl of Wessex.

Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein represents her father-in-law Prince Hans Adam, Prince Guillaume von Luxemburg represents his brother the Grand Duke.
Each to their own, but I find it disgraceful that none of the Windsor cousins bothered to attend the funeral. Instead sending representatives (that would have attended the funeral anyway) like the rest of us sends flowers. Princess Anne is of course busy in Cyprus, but couldn't at least one of them take a few hours off?
I’m sure the House of Baden understands why they couldn’t come and I’m sure condolences were sent. Which of them could have gone? I don’t think the Wessexes were close to them plus William and Kate had an engagement today.

Eh, Max is King Charles' first cousin. If they really wanted to, they would have sent someone, anyone, from the family.

Eh, Max is King Charles' first cousin. If they really wanted to, they would have sent someone, anyone, from the family.
Who could they honestly have sent? The Gloucester’s aren’t close to the Baden royals, The Cambridge’s had an engagement today, Charles had an engagement today, Anne had an engagement today also and I already mentioned the Wessexes weren’t close to them. Plus they never invited or went to the weddings of the late Margraves children

Who could they honestly have sent? The Gloucester’s aren’t close to the Baden royals, The Cambridge’s had an engagement today, Charles had an engagement today, Anne had an engagement today also and I already mentioned the Wessexes weren’t close to them. Plus they never invited or went to the weddings of the late Margraves children
"the Wessexes weren’t close to them"? We don't know about their personal relationship, but by blood, Edward, Earl of Wessex was Max's first cousin

Back
Top Bottom