Grand Ducal House of Baden (Zahringen)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idriel

Serene Highness
City
around
Country
France
BadenArms.jpg

Arms of the Grand Duchy of Baden

~ ¤ ~

+ + + + + + + + +

From All Africa

President Holds Talks With Prince of Baden

President Girma Wolde-Giorgis announced that Ethiopia has paid due attention for development activities and promoted the country's tourist attractions as he confered with Max Markgraf, the prince of Baden in Germany here yesterday.

The country is now fully engaged in development activities, a senior official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who attended the talks quoted Girma as saying.[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
New Prince of Baden

I'm compiling my own geneology of all the descendants of Queen Victoria. It's been as daunting as it sounds, thanks to alot of mistaken birth/death dates and locations. I'm finally finished, except for a couple minor details, one of which is the impending marriage of Prince Aimone of Savoy and Princess Olga of Greece, which I've impatiently been awaiting for several months now :( The other is the current nameless state of Prince Bernhard of Baden's third child. From Nettyroyal.nl:

Prince Bernhard and Princess Stephanie von Baden had their third son on Sunday. The baby was born at the Elisabethen-Krankenhaus in Ravensburg at 10.40am. Prince Bernhard said: "I am very happy and am very thankful, that my wife and our child are healthy and doing well." Traditionally the name of the baby will only become known when he is baptised.

Anyway, I'm just curious to know, is there any info about when this little prince will be christened? How long after his brothers were born were they christened? I know for some of the reigning royals, the christenings were held about three to four months after the baby's birth, as in the case of Christian, Sverre Magnus and Leonor. Can we expect something similar with this new prince? Any help would be mucho appreciated!

Queen Sofía in the baptism of Karl Wilhem von Baden,the child is the son of Prince Bernard von Baden and Stephanie Kaul.

From Hola

lula said:
Queen Sofía in the baptism of Karl Wilhem von Baden,the child is the son of Prince Bernard von Baden and Stephanie Kaul.

From Hola
can you tell me the source in the magazine which agency the magazine hola took this photos, please? Thanks.

rchainho said:
can you tell me the source in the magazine which agency the magazine hola took this photos, please? Thanks.

Prisma agency ;)

WONDERFUL photos!! :):):)
Thank you soooo much!!
Really, i'm very thankful for the wonderful work that you do! Thanks again... ;)

More photos of the Queen in Baden

From seegerpress

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00159459.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159459.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,108
  • pre-SEEGER00159464.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159464.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 950
  • pre-SEEGER00159465.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159465.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 901
  • pre-SEEGER00159501.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159501.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,677
  • pre-SEEGER00159502.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159502.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,877
  • pre-SEEGER00159515.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159515.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,316
  • pre-SEEGER00159521.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159521.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 936
  • pre-SEEGER00159525.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159525.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,014
  • pre-SEEGER00159526.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159526.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,406
  • pre-SEEGER00159544.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159544.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 733
I love pics of Sofia with her sister Irene. We can clearly see how much they love each other and how good their contact is:)

More photos from the baptism of Prince Karl Wilhelm von Baden, in Salem.

By SeegerPress:

1-3. Prince Karl Wilhelm von Baden;
4-9. with mom and dad;
10. group photo: Erbprinz Bernhard and Erbprinzessin Stephanie von Baden with their children, Karl Wilhelm, Leopold and Friedrich von Baden, Queen Sofia from Spain, Markgraf Max and Markgräfin Valerie von Baden, Hanna and Christian Kaul (parents of Princess Stephanie), Prince Ernst August Junior, Princess Marie Louise Baker, Princess Aglae von Baden, Archduke Alexander von Österreich;

Last edited:
More pics from Seeger Press

xpd46b.jpg
xpd477.jpg
xpd4ap.jpg
xpd4bt.jpg
xpmo8p.jpg
xpmoaq.jpg
xpmobc.jpg
xpmofb.jpg
xpmog4.jpg

From BUNTE

xpda8o.jpg

From SeegerPress:

1-3. Princess Stephanie and children playing with the baby;
4. The godparents, Princess Marie Louise von Baden and Prince Ernst August Junior;
5. during the ceremony: Princes Caroline and Ernst August von Hannover with Queen Sofia, and the grandparents of the child, Hanne Kaul and Markgraf Max von Baden;
6. receiving some gifts;
7-10. Erbprinz Bernhard and Erbprinzessin Stephanie von Baden with their children, Leopold and Friedrich von Baden.

Last edited:
Grand Ducal House of Baden

A thread for news and pics of the Grand Ducal House of Baden.

Head of the House since 1963: Max, HRH The Margrave of Baden, Duke of Zahringen, b 1933 (eldest son of Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, a sister of Prince Philip of Britain)
his wife: married 1966 Margravine Valerie, neé HI&RH Archduchess of Austria (-Tuscany), b 1941

children:

• Bernhard (b 1970) Erbprinz von Baden
m 2001 Stephanie Kaul (b 1966); issue:

> Prince Leopold (b 2002)
> Prince Friedrich (b 2004)
> Prince Karl Wilhelm (b 2006)

• Leopold (b 1971)
• Michael (b 1976)
• Marie Louise (b 1969) married 1999 Richard Dudley Baker of the US (b 1936); issue:
> Sophia (b 2001)

I love that wrap dress or suit that Caro is wearing. Is it Chanel?

Baptism of Prince Karl Wilhelm von Baden (cont.)

Photos by SeegerPress:

1. Erbprinz Bernhard and Erbprinzessin Stephanie von Baden and children;
2. godparents: Mathias Schilling and Princess Aglae von Baden;
3. Princess Stephanie von Baden with Prince Friedrich von Baden, Prince Ernst August Junior von Hannover, Prince Karl Wilhelm von Baden and Princess Aglae von Baden;
4. Princess Stephanie and Prince Bernhard von Baden with the godparents of the baby: Prince Ernst August Junior von Hannover, Prince Karl Wilhelm von Baden and Princess Aglae von Baden;
5. group photo: Princess Stephanie and Erbprinz Bernhard von Baden with Princes Leopold, Friedrich and baby Karl Wilhelm, Princess Marie Louise Baker (née von Baden), Mathias Schilling, Prince Ernst August Junior von Hannover, Archduke Alexander von Österreich and Princess Aglae von Baden;
6. Princess Stephanie von Baden and children, Princes Leopold and Friedrich von Baden;
7. Christian und Hanne Kaul (parents of Princess Stephanie)
8. Princess Stephanie and Prince Bernhard von Baden with Countess Sheena de Boisgelin;
9. Erbgraf Franz Clemens von Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems and Erbgräfin Stefanie with children;
10. Fürst Andreas zu Leiningen and Fürstin Alexandra with Princess Monica von Hannover.

Last edited:
More guests, by SeegerPress:

1. Count Bjorn Bernadotte and his girlfriend, Sandra Anger;
2. Count Christoph Douglas with Erbgraf Erich von Waldburg zu Zeil and Erbgrafin Mathilde;
3. Princess Marie von Württemberg, Princess Sibilla of Luxemburg and Princess Sarvath of Jordan;
4-7. Princes Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxemburg with children;
8. Princes Ernst August and Caroline von Hannover;
9. Princess Caroline von Hannover and Princess Alexandra;
10. Fürstin Alexandra zu Leiningen and Princess Caroline von Hannover with children.

Last edited:
Still from SeegerPress:

1-4. Princess Caroline von Hannover and Princess Alexandra;
5. the godparents, Princess Aglae von Baden and Prince Ernst August Junior von Hannover;
6. Princes Freidrich and Leopold von Baden;
7. the presents.

Caroline Louise of Baden, nee Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt

There is a princess named " Caroline Louise of Baden, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt.. I am curious about her. She seems to be intersting to me. I would like to know if there is anyone who know anything about her.. I looked up on some informtion about her.. I read that she's an talented artist.. I need some more informtion on her. :flowers:

Chantal C. :ROFLMAO:

Chantal Clement said:
There is a princess named " Caroline Louise of Baden, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt
This goes back a long way, and I guess a google search may give you some info. Here are the basics:

Carolina Louisa (born 1723 and died at Paris in 1783), daughter of Ludwig VIII, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, and Countess Charlotte of Hanau-Lichtenberg und Muntzenberg;
married in 1751 as his first wife Karl Friedrich (1728-1811), successively Margrave of Baden-Durlach, Margrave of Baden, Elector of Baden, and Grand Duke of Baden from 1806.
His reign of 73 years gives Karl Friedrich the longest reign in modern history.
They had three surviving sons.

Thank you for the information on Caroline Lousie of Baden, Warren :)
I am wondering if there is any books about her in English and also, Is there any websites I can find anything about her with along pictures of her? ;) Hope this is not trouble to ask..;)

Chantal Clement said:
Thank you for the information on Caroline Lousie of Baden, Warren :)
I am wondering if there is any books about her in English and also, Is there any websites I can find anything about her with along pictures of her? ;) Hope this is not trouble to ask..;)

I didn't realise you meant this Karoline Louise of Baden - there's a biography of her, a book about her art collections (still to be seen in Karlsruhe) and a chapter in a book about the women of the house of Baden, but all these books are in German, unfortunately.

This is the one about the women of Baden:
Borchardt-Wenzel, Annette
Die Frauen am badischen Hof. Gefährtinnen der Großherzöge zwischen Liebe, Pflicht und Intrigen
Katz 2001
ISBN 3925825800,

that's the biograpy:
Jan Lauts
Karoline Luise Von Baden
Karlsruhe Verlag C.F. Muller 1980

and this is the book including an article about her art collections:
Kircher, G. ,
Karoline Luise von Baden als Kunstsammlerin. Schilderungen und Dokumente zur Geschichte der Badischen Kunsthalle in Karlsruhe. Karlsruhe, Müller, 1933. 8°. VIII, 230 S. mit 24 ganzs. Abb. auf Taf. Oln. mit goldgepr. Rückentitel u. goldgepr. Deckelvignette

This is a guide through the exhibition in her honour in 1983 - 20 years after her death:
CAROLINE LOUISE. Markgräfin von Baden 1723-1783. Ausstellung anläßl. der 200. Wiederkehr ihres Todesjahres
Karlsruhe. Badisches Landesmuseum 1983. 251 S. zahlr. tls. farb. Abb. OKt.

Sorry, I couldn't find anything in English, but it might be worth to contact the Badisches Landesmuseum in Karlsruhe and ask if they have any material (guidebooks, catalogues etc. in English).

If you use the German way to write her name "Karoline Luise von Baden" and google that for pictures, you'll get some.

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany, Jo

Last edited:
Thank you for your help to find some books about Karoline Luise von Baden, Jo of Palatine :flowers: I understand they are in German, but I will try my best to ask if they have anything about her in English. I don't speak German. I only speak English. I noticed you live in Germany which is why you probably speak German. Hope I will find anything interesting about Karoline Luise von Baden in English.:)

Prince Bernhard von Baden announced that the Family is selling Salem Castle, until the End of the Year. The auction is due to the 30 000 000 € in debts. For many decades, the family tried to avoid this step, but now it seems inevitable.
The idea of seing precious manuscripts of the Baden library being auctioned had however raised protests.

Salem kündigt Schlossverkauf an | suedkurier.de

Last edited:
Prince Bernhard von Baden announced that the Family is selling Salem Castle, until the End of the Year. The auction is due to the 30 000 000 € in debts. For many decades, the family tried to avoid this step, but now it seems inevitable.
The idea of seing precious manuscripts of the Baden library being auctioned had however raised protests.

more articles about the subject. Unfortunately only in german

Stuttgarter Nachrichten online - Baden investiert nicht mehr für Sanierung

Stuttgarter Zeitung online - Internat muss nicht weichen

The Prime Minister of Baden-Württemberg has announced that the Country Baden-Württemberg would try the buy the castle if a sale will be necessary.

Isn't Salem the main seat of the House? If it is sold where will they live?

Isn't Salem the main seat of the House? If it is sold where will they live?

The Margrave and his wife live in a part of the Castle. Hereditary Prince Bernhard and his Family life on an Island close to the Castle. No Idea where the live in the case of an sale.

The argument about the arts collection between the Baden family and Baden-Württemberg is in the next round:

Badische Neueste Nachrichten, 19.12.2007: Land verhandelt mit Haus Baden
... Laut der Expertise gehört der Großteil der umstrittenen Kulturschätze dem Land. Lediglich Werte von 5,6 Millionen Euro schlägt das Gutachten dem Markgrafenhaus zu.

In short: expert meaning is that most of the culture goods in question do already belong to the country Baden-Württemberg. Only a minor part is still in posession of the Markgrafenhaus Baden.

Complete link (in german)

Handschriften der Badischen Landesbibliothek - Verkauf - Presseberichte

How did they accumulate these debts?

Bad investments.

I would love to know the approximate value of Schloss Salem. Must be worth a fortune. Just curious that's all.

Back
Top Bottom