German Palaces, Castles and other Royal Buildings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schloss Bellevue in Berlin will be renovated. Mainly because the installations from the 1980's and the roof need replacement. The costs will be more than 100 million Euro. This is in line with Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague, where also 1980's installations as well the roof were renewed. Together with the earlier renovation of the main Hall (the Oranjesael) the prize tag in The Hague was roughly 100 million Euro. By the way, in 1941 Bellevue was completely destroyed by fire, so little is "original" which makes the renovation not so complicated.

The works at Schloss Bellevue will start in 2019. For the Bundespräsident and his 180 staff a temporary residence will be sought in Berlin. During the previous renovations in the 1990's (the reunification of Germany made Bellevue a permanent residence) the Bundespräsident used Schloss Charlottenburg for representation, but at the moment this is not possible.

https://www.berliner-woche.de/tierg...esidialamt-werden-umfaenglich-saniert_a186185

Last edited:
Schloss Bellevue in Berlin will be renovated. Mainly because the installations from the 1980's and the roof need replacement. The costs will be more than 100 million Euro. This is in line with Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague, where also 1980's installations as well the roof were renewed. Together with the earlier renovation of the main Hall (the Oranjesael) the prize tag in The Hague was roughly 100 million Euro. By the way, in 1941 Bellevue was completely destroyed by fire, so little is "original" which makes the renovation not so complicated.

The works at Schloss Bellevue will start in 2019. For the Bundespräsident and his 180 staff a temporary residence will be sought in Berlin. During the previous renovations in the 1990's (the reunification of Germany made Bellevue a permanent residence) the Bundespräsident used Schloss Charlottenburg for representation, but at the moment this is not possible.

https://www.berliner-woche.de/tierg...esidialamt-werden-umfaenglich-saniert_a186185

As our president does not live at Bellevueand his staff could work in any office space, I guess it won't be too difficult to find suitable representation spaces in or around Berlin. Though I heard there is a lot of space available in Bonn??? ???

15 most Incredible Castles in Germany!!!

Impossible to choose!!

https://www.thetrendspotter.net/castles-in-germany/

Note: most of these castles are mock-historical, built from the 1750 to the 1900s. No doubt they are theartrically attractive but honestly? There are real castles abound in Germany, but as they were (some still are) lived in, a lot of other wings were added, so they don't always look like a decorator's dream.

As our president does not live at Bellevueand his staff could work in any office space, I guess it won't be too difficult to find suitable representation spaces in or around Berlin. Though I heard there is a lot of space available in Bonn??? ???

Schloss Bellevue is the decor of many representative evenements, now Schloss Charlottenburg is not a available, I wonder which venue will be used. But I agree, the Bundespräsident can live in any villa. After all, also the Kings of Spain and of the Netherlands live in normal houses.

I like Schloss Bellevue very much. A sober and elegant building: http://www.bundespraesident.de/Shar...ss-bellevue-00-opener-2.jpg?__blob=poster&v=2

Last edited:
Schloss Bellevue is the decor of many representative evenements, now Schloss Charlottenburg is not a available, I wonder which venue will be used. But I agree, the Bundespräsident can live in any villa. After all, also the Kings of Spain and of the Netherlands live in normal houses.

The last presidential Couple who actually lived in Bellevue Castle where Roman and Christiane Herzog. All the other presidential Couples have only used it for representation.
As for representation Venues there are also several Castles in Potsdam which coul be used for big Events.

Last edited:
A documentary on the Bavarian castle of Neuschwanstein and its history.

Schloss Benrath is located outside Dusseldorf in the Palatine-Neuberg. Queen Maria Sofia of Portugal, wife of King Pedro II of Portugal, was born at Schloss Benrath.

Marmorpalais is in Potsdam, Germany. It was constructed during the reign of King Frederick William II of Prussia.
The interior:

The exterior:

Arolsen Castle in Arolsen, Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont has served as a residence for the ruling family of the Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont.

"Vanessa Sayn-Wittgenstein and her Dutch husband, entrepreneur Pieter Haitsma Mulier, buy the castle of Schaumburg.
The couple are planning a long-term refurbishment and renovation over the next ten years to ensure that the traditional property in the town of Rinteln can remain open to the public. In addition, the Schaumburg will also serve as a private home for the family in the future. Both announced this in a press release."

https://www.rinteln-aktuell.de/rint...-und-pieter-haitsma-mulier-kaufen-schaumburg/

Back
Top Bottom