Engagement of Princess Nathalie and Alexander Johannsmann: January 4, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to Princess Nathalie!!!

I look forward to this wedding!!

Wow, another engagement! This will surely be an interesting year. Congratulations to Princess Nathalie & Alexander Johannsmann! :flowers:

Wonderful news! Congratulations to the couple! :flowers: 2010 is shaping up to be another 2004 ;)

Congratulations to the couple! An engagement from Princess Nathalie and her cousin Prince Nikolaus how exciting!

Wonderful news! Congratulations to the couple! :flowers: 2010 is shaping up to be another 2004 ;)

Yes, now only a lot of crownprincesses pregnant and then it's exactly the same as in 2004!
Imagine: a lot of crowprincesses heavily pregnant attending Crownprincess Victoria's wedding!
What a joy!!!

Congratulations to the happy couple!
By the way: the grooms father Heinrich-Wilhelm Johannsmann was a successful and popular jumping rider who has a special nickname: der Kaiser (the emperor).:ROFLMAO: If I remember correctly this originates in an advice someone once gave him, saying: You have to sit on your horse as if you are the Kaiser/emperor. (I have to go by memory here because I couldn't find the story on the net, but it has often been told by horse show commentators)
That doesn't make the groom a real prince, I know. But most importantly the couple shares their passion for horses.

This is fabulous news indeed!

Four weddings in 2010!

Although I am quite happy for all of the prospective brides and grooms...I do feel a bit for Richard and Carina.

This is fabulous news indeed!

Four weddings in 2010!

Although I am quite happy for all of the prospective brides and grooms...I do feel a bit for Richard and Carina.

Dear Zonk, I think we will see five big royal weddings in 2010:

Victoria and Daniel
Madeleine and Jonas
Carlos (Bourbon-Parma) and Anne
Nikolaos and Tatiana
Nathalie and Alexander

Congratulations to the couple - such a year for royal weddings

Victoria and Daniel
Madeleine and Jonas
Nikolaos and Tatiana
Nathalie and Alexander

Thank you principessa! I totally forgot about Carlos and Anne!

So five weddings..can we get a sixth?!

William...Harry.....Zara.....Richard.....heck...Beatrice?!

Thank you principessa! I totally forgot about Carlos and Anne!

So five weddings..can we get a sixth?!

William...Harry.....Zara.....Richard.....heck...Beatrice?!
Half a dozen seems a very good number! Imo Zara is the most likely candidate, although I would like the nasty question of the Berleburg will finally being resolved so that Richard and Carina can finally have a go. And maybe some less prominent royals will take us by surprise.

I agree Tilla, 6 weddings would be nicer than five :D

Maybe Prince Albert II, who knows?

I wouldn't bet on Albert. Now I am taking us way off topic!

And it would be great if the Richard situation is resolved....bt for now...much happiness to Nathalie and Alexander!

I agree Tilla, 6 weddings would be nicer than five :D

Maybe Prince Albert II, who knows?
We wouldn't complain if it became 7 (or more), would we;)?

I'm curious when they will announce the date and location. I guess they will get married at Berleburg castle.

Great news :flowers:.
Congrats to Princess Nathalie and Alexander!

What title will Alexander have after the marriage?

How truely wondeful. I didn't know she was in a serious relationship. Congratulations, 5 royal weddings :flowers:

To the post of Her Majesty:

I guess none.

I think that Princess Nathalie will take a doublename. The German name law offers you three options: One of the partners gives up his name, both remain their names, one of the partners will remain his name and get the name of his partner as a doubble name.

Finally!

Victoria and Daniel
Madeleine and Jonas
Nikolaos and Tatiana
Nathalie and Alexander
2 for Sweden
1 for Greece
1 for almost Denmark
- so 4 weddings for descendants of Gustav VI Adolf
1 for almost Netherlands

We must waite 4 days for the first royal engagements in 2010.

:previous: But Princess Nathalie's surname is already a double name.
Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein- Berleburg.
I think a German court recently decided that 3 surnames are not allowed.
So Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein- Berleburg-Johannsmann wouldn't be possible. ;)
But maybe she'll just keep her name and he'll recieve her surname.

Last edited:
So Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein- Berleburg-Johannsmann wouldn't be possible. ;)
It would be interesting.
Btw do we know any examples of royal/noble husbands who take their wifes surnames?

Do you thibk that she will wear Khedive Cartier Tiara like her sister?

:previous: But Princess Nathalie's surname is already a double name.
Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein- Berleburg.
I think a German court recently decided that 3 surnames are not allowed.

I think in that case both keep their names as they are.

I think in that case both keep their names as they are.

Mr. Johannsmann wont´t get any title IMO. I have never heard that husband would get title from his wife or her family (Daniel Westling is exception proving the rule).
Does her sister use name of her husband? If yes, maybe Princess Nathalie will use her husband´s name as well, actually why not?

Mr. Johannsmann wont´t get any title IMO. I have never heard that husband would get title from his wife or her family (Daniel Westling is exception proving the rule).
Does her sister use name of her husband? If yes, maybe Princess Nathalie will use her husband´s name as well, actually why not?

Jonas Bergstrom, Princess Madelines fiancee will recieve a title when he marries her. Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.
Prince Phillip recieved a title when marrying Princess Elizabeth.

Princess Alexandra is

HH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.
Her husband is the Count of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.

Back
Top Bottom