The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Austria and Germany

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2015, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

According to Bunte Prince Hubertus and his wife Princess Kelly attended the 40th birthday party of Princess Nadja von Schaumburg-Lippe. They left early because they had to relieve the babysitter of their little daughter and the pregnant Princess was tired. According to the mag the birth is due in July.
Alexander & Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe: Bilderbuch-Trennung! | BUNTE.de

Old 04-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
According to Bunte Prince Hubertus and his wife Princess Kelly attended the 40th birthday party of Princess Nadja von Schaumburg-Lippe. They left early because they had to relieve the babysitter of their little daughter and the pregnant Princess was tired. According to the mag the birth is due in July.
Alexander & Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe: Bilderbuch-Trennung! | BUNTE.de
Only one or two weeks before they attended an opening of an exhibition at Callenberg Castle where one could also she that the is again pregnant. Lets hope it will be an boy and heir this time.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

It is sad that in this day and age it is still important for some families to have a son. But so it is. Hubertus younger brother isn't (yet) married. Afaik there are no cousins further down the line who could succeed to the headship of the house. But there are several cousin from what would be a senior line, but they are not in the line of succession because of an unequal marriage a couple of generations ago.

I wonder how the family would solve the inheritance question if they will not have a son?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

HH Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Head of the Ducal House, will be releasing his memoirs (in English!) later this year with the Eurohistory publishing house:

http://erhj.blogspot.com/2015/06/new...of-hh.html?m=1
Old 06-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is sad that in this day and age it is still important for some families to have a son. But so it is. Hubertus younger brother isn't (yet) married. Afaik there are no cousins further down the line who could succeed to the headship of the house. But there are several cousin from what would be a senior line, but they are not in the line of succession because of an unequal marriage a couple of generations ago.

I wonder how the family would solve the inheritance question if they will not have a son?
I have the same with Tilia queries
And something else wondering
In the Royal Reigning Families longer valid the first born child there is the next heir.
In the Royal Reigning Families we have see weddings (and recently) with whatever.
And we have now mostly German ex Royal Houses who want a male heir and equal weddings?
Really? We are in the 21st century
Old 06-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Eya, I think that this has to do with legal questions. In a reigning country the government can change the order of succession by changing the countries law and constitution. So the new order of succession can't be challenged, it is the law and accepted by the government.

In non-reigning families the law courts don't interfere. The head of the house can change the rules, but there is always the possibility that some members of the family disagree. They can say that the change is not valid, and suddenly they have two claimants who want to be head of the house. These families have to sort out the order of succession among themselves, there is no law court which will give a valid decision.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Tilia. I think understad . A big mess. And when there are fortunes that someone heritage matters are complicted. So leave them as they are.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:01 AM
Courtier

The lack of an heir is not an issue now. The Heriditary Princess has given birth to a son.
Royal Musings
Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to the happy parents!
I'm curious what they'll call the little prince. And I wonder if CP Victoria will be asked to be a godmother. We probably won't get pictures of the baby before the christening.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Ducal House of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha (Wettin)

Quote:
Congratulations to the happy parents!
I'm curious what they'll call the little prince. And I wonder if CP Victoria will be asked to be a godmother. We probably won't get pictures of the baby before the christening.

Isn't Victoria (and IIRC about half the German Gotha) one of the godparents of their daughter?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm curious what they'll call the little prince.

Philipp Hubertus Andreas Christian
Old 07-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Isn't Victoria (and IIRC about half the German Gotha) one of the godparents of their daughter?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Oops, now that you mention it, I think she is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Philipp Hubertus Andreas Christian
I should have read more closely, as it was mentioned in the link.
A very nice name, imo. Philipp is a nice traditional name that doesn't sound so awfully old-fashioned, Hubertus like the father, Andreas like the paternal grandfather, Christian like the maternal grandfather.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

Congrats to the happy parents and little Katharina ! The names are perfect, and it is nice the couple have be able to have another children after having waited so long for Katharina's birth.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulatons to the couple and the whole family!
I also really like the choice of the names.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to the parents, grandparents & big sister!
Probably he will be their second and last child (both are 40).
Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Congratulations to the couple!
The name is nice.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the happy family.
Beautiful names especially the Philipp.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Philipp of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha was christened in a private ceremony at Schloss Callenberg on 14 November 2015.

Among the guests were the King and Queen of the Belgians.

Source: EuropeanRoyalHistoryJournal.blogspot.com: Coburg: Royal Baptism
Old 11-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Prince Philipp of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha was christened in a private ceremony at Schloss Callenberg on 14 November 2015.

Among the guests were the King and Queen of the Belgians.

Source: EuropeanRoyalHistoryJournal.blogspot.com: Coburg: Royal Baptism
Among the godparents: King Philippe of the Belgians and Herediary Prince Bernhard of Baden.
Royal Musings: Royal baptism in Coburg
Old 11-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I suppose they have very good relationship to become King Philippe godfather .There any family relationship between them?