The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

I like the names of the sons of Charles Edward, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. The brothers were Johann Leopold, Dietmar Hubertus, and Friedrich Josias.

If Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly have a son, a possible name could be Alfred Christian Andreas Ernest. Alfred would be for Duke Alfred of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha..

John Ernest IV was Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. His youngest daughter was Henriette Albertine (1698-1728). Had she been engaged to a German prince?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Recently, Prince Andreas received a book on The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The book is written by Arturo Beecher and is in English:

One ~ Two

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/20...-les-cobourgs/

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The lady with the duke is his daughter Stephanie perhaps?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The lady with the duke is his daughter Stephanie perhaps?
Yes it is Princess Stephanie

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Hubertus and Princess Kelly are expecting a girl.

https://www.infranken.de/regional/co...rt214,615131,C
Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Royal Musings say that Hereditary Prince Hubertus has been elected as a member of the Coburg City Council:

Royal Musings: Prince Hubertus wins a Council seat
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andreas at the Der Friendenstein Award Ceremony on Monday 7th April. The Award was delivered to Queen Silvia.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 04-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HH Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha gave birth earlier today (30 April 2014) to a daughter, named Katharina Victoria Elizabeth Cheryl.
Princess Katharina is the first child of Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who have been married since 2009.

Royal Musings: Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha: the newest QVD
Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple :)

Is the new princess the heir to her father? And what would happen if she had a brother?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple! I love the name Katharina (although prefer it spelt Catharina), and it goes nicely with her other names. And I guessed that she would have both Katharina and Victoria in her name combination, and I was right!

julliette, I'm not sure if she will be the heiress as I don't think the Saxe-Coburgs have adopted female primogeniture yet, although I would think that a future brother would become the heir.
Join my new group!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Currently Saxe-Coburg-Gotha has the succession ruled by the salic law, so Katharina isn't the heiress of her father's title. Currently the next in line after Hubertus is his brother Prince Alexander.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Congratulations to the couple :)

Is the new princess the heir to her father? And what would happen if she had a brother?

She cannot be head of the family, but she can certainly inherit property, etc.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Commoner

Prince Philipp August of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha, only child of Prince Philipp of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha (1901-1985) [himself the son of Prince August Leopold and Archduchess Karoline of Austria] and his wife Sarah Aurelia Halasz, died this year, age 70.

He is survived by his second wife, Rosemarie Jäger, and his four children: Isabelle, Maximilian, Alexander, and Christina as well as four grandchildren.

Source: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French
Old 09-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
HH Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha gave birth earlier today (30 April 2014) to a daughter, named Katharina Victoria Elizabeth Cheryl.
Princess Katharina is the first child of Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who have been married since 2009.

Royal Musings: Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha: the newest QVD
According to german press, crown princess Victoria is the godmother of princess Katharina. Victoria attended at the baptism last Sunday.
Neue Presse Coburg Kronprinzessin Victoria zur Taufe in Coburg
Translation
Old 09-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince Philipp August of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha
He passed away on 18 September 2014, after a long illness.
Eurohistory: Saxe-Coburg & Gotha: Prince Philipp August (1944-2014)+
Old 09-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the baptism of princess Katharina. Princess Katharina's godparents besides Crown Princess Victoria are Hereditary Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria, Prince Konstantin of Bulgaria and Countess Katharina of Faber-Castell.
Prinzessin Katharina in Coburg getauft inFranken.de
Neue Presse Coburg Coburgs kleine Prinzessin
Old 09-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Serene Highness

Wow, that is what you call an impressive list of godparents....
Old 09-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Here is a photo of Princess Katharina's christening (I do believe Marty91charmed had posted this in the thread about Crown Princess Victoria being a godmother, but I thought I would post it here as well). She looks so sweet and tiny. I find it interesting that Crown Princess Victoria is her godmother, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) I do believe that Prince Hubertus father is Victoria's own godfather.
Join my new group!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Here is a photo of Princess Katharina's christening (I do believe Marty91charmed had posted this in the thread about Crown Princess Victoria being a godmother, but I thought I would post it here as well). She looks so sweet and tiny. I find it interesting that Crown Princess Victoria is her godmother, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) I do believe that Prince Hubertus father is Victoria's own godfather.
Prince Hubertus' father prince Andreas is princess Madeleine's godfather. Prince Andreas is king Carl Gustaf's cousin. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia attended at Hubertus and Kelly's wedding. Hubertus and Kelly attended at Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings. King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria attended at prince Andreas' 70th birthday party in 2013. The families are very close.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Courtier

The Crown Princess Grandmother was a Coburg, sister to Prince Huburtus Grandfather. Both families seem to value the close family ties which is nice to see.