Ducal House of Anhalt (Ascania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Eilika von Anhalt, Prince Eduard von Anhalt, Princess
Corinna von Anhalt and Karin Sassoli de Medici attend the 8th
Russian-German Ball at the Embassy of the Russian Federation
on September 4, 2009 in Berlin, Germany.

----> Pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Eduard von Anhalt and Princess Corinna von Anhalt attend
the "Prix Montlanc 2009" , Berlin, Germany, October 27, 2009

----> Pic

The Anhalt website includes a very detailed genealogical chart of the House of Ascania which is worth a look (as is the rest of the site).

Maybe she just wanted to be a private person?? Maybe she just eloped and Never Told anyone, just her Immediate Family.

Ah well, that's takes her off the list of potential brides for Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia

Yes, but she has two younger sisters, Eilika and Felicitas.... Although of course I imagine that they know each other already, so perhaps there are no sparks. Too bad, as all of them are quite attractive young persons!

I get the feeling, though I could be wrong, that the family doesn't have much to do with the other German Royal families. I don't recall seeing them them mentioned on the guestlists of any recent weddings for example.

Duke Eduard has got himself into the British tabloids by claiming in Das Neue Blatt that he knows details of the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton and by revealing some personal information about their relationship. He also infers that he's already received his wedding invitation.

Whatever the truth (if any), his indiscreet behaviour would surely mean he's now off the guestlist. Any guestlist. :D

Prince William and Kate Middleton ‘to marry in July’ claim dismissed - Telegraph

no truth - Prince Eduard of Anhalt is not a close relation by any stretch of the imagination. The Lord Chamberlain's Office, which will be the office sending out the invitations, does not do save the date cards. He's not a descendant of Victoria, nor is he a descendant of Christian X of Denmark - which means he is not a close relation of the queen

Prince Eduard von Anhalt and wife Corinna attended the performance of the
Dutch Royal Concert Orchestra at the Berlin Philharmonic on April 13, 2011
in Berlin, Germany.

The concert has been part of the programme for the Queen Beatrix, Crown
Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Máxima who are on a four-day
visit to Germany.

** Pic **

A question concerning the heirship to the Ducal House of Anhalt? Since there are questions concerning the succession of females (based of the old succession laws- they can't) and the Titular Duke Eduard's daughter claim headship upon her father's death. Couldn't the morganatic male lineage of the the Ducal House dispute her claim and elevate them to HH Prince(ss) of Anhalt? I know the neither group has claim based on the old laws but I wonder why the morganatic line claim to dispute the female lineage claim.

It is possible for Duke Eduard to acknowledge today as equal marriages that, when celebrated, had been considered morganatic; in this way his morganatic relatives could succeed him to the headship of the Ducal House.
The same thing has been done i.e. in the Bavarian Royal House: in 1999 Duke Franz of Bavaria acknowledged as equal and dynastic some marriages celebrated in the 1970s and at the time considered as morganatic.
However, it seems that Duke Eduard doesn't have intention to act in this way, since he gave his daughter the title of Hereditary Princess.

Is this anything to do with the east German region of Sachsen-Anhalt ?

:previous:
Here's two maps: the Duchy of Anhalt as it was until 1918 and the current State of Sachsen-Anhalt.

Attachments

• Anhalt 1863-1918.jpg
    Anhalt 1863-1918.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Sachsen-Anhalt.gif
    Sachsen-Anhalt.gif
    54 KB · Views: 2,661

Prince Eduard von Anhalt and daughter Princess Felicitas von Anhalt attended a gala celebrating
twenty years of Azerbaijani independence on September 29, 2011 in Berlin, Germany.

** Pic **

Prince Eduard von Anhalt and wife Princess Corinna attended the PRIX Montblanc at
the 'Konzerthaus am Gendarmenmarkt' on October 25, 2011 in Berlin, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Princess Julia Katharine of Anhalt [daughter of Eduard, Duke of Anhalt (b.1941) and of his wife Corinna née Krönlein (b.1961)] and her husband Marc Bernath, had their first child, a son born in 2011.

Source: Royal News of 2011, Section I

Also her younger sister, Princess Eilika (b.1985) had her first child, also a son, this year. The identity of his father is unknown.

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/in/heinbruins/SaxeA.html

I guess the question that arises from this is "are one or both of these boys Princes of Anhalt?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke Eduard has got himself into the British tabloids by claiming in Das Neue Blatt that he knows details of the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton and by revealing some personal information about their relationship. He also infers that he's already received his wedding invitation.

Whatever the truth (if any), his indiscreet behaviour would surely mean he's now off the guestlist. Any guestlist. :D

no truth - Prince Eduard of Anhalt is not a close relation by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, it turns out that there was at least some truth to it. Duke Eduard may really have been onto something; his only mistake was to be too conservative in estimating the date. Instead of July 2011, Prince William and Kate Middleton were wed in April 2011. :)

I guess the question that arises from this is "are one or both of these boys Princes of Anhalt?"

No. As the first princess took her husband's name, her son does not even have the name of a prince of Anhalt while the second boy, as the son of an unwed princess, takes his mother's surname in the male form. still, both are not "Princes of Anhalt" according to the rules of German nobility.

No. As the first princess took her husband's name, her son does not even have the name of a prince of Anhalt while the second boy, as the son of an unwed princess, takes his mother's surname in the male form. still, both are not "Princes of Anhalt" according to the rules of German nobility.

That's true, but the Duke always hoes on about his eldest daughter being the heritary Princes and his heir so I just wondered.

Princess Marie Louise of Schleswig-Hostein

I am a new member interested by the life of this Princess, and I just read some parts of her book "My Memories of the six Reigns". and I found out
that she said that she met her future husband Prince Aribert d'Anhalt at her Cousin Victoria's wedding in the autumn of 1889. And from other sources this wedding took place on the 19th of November, 1890 !
.... and the Princess Marie Louise became engaged on december 6th, 1890

What is the real date ? Is it possible that she became engaged so quicky ( 17 days) ? Is it a printing error on my book version ?

Many Thanks

Eduard Prinz von Anhalt and his family attended a gala dinner celebrating the 800th anniversary of the German region of Anhalt
at Oranienbaum Castle near Dessau, Germany on June 2, 2012. Anhalt, formerly a sovereign county, was developed in the year
1212 from the lineage of the House of Ascania and is now part of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Very nice this photo of him with the women of his life!
Princess Corinna looks young for her age.

Other nobles in the picture gallery are Countess Ida von Hardenburg and Fürst Albrecht of Castell-Castell and Fürstin Marie-Louise, née Princess of Waldeck-Pyrmont.

Nice pictures of the duke and his family. He recently attended the opening of an exposition at Oranienbaum by Queen Beatrix.

Back
Top Bottom