Ducal House of Anhalt (Ascania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody know if there is any kind of contact between Eduard von Anhalt and his cousin Anastasia von Anhalt,Margravine von Meissen?

Did Eduard maybe attend the funeral or requiem for the late Markgraf von Meissen?

I don't know if there is contact but Anastasia's father Prince Eugen regarded himself as head of the ducal house instead of his nephews Friedrich then Eduard so they may not be that close. I didn't see any pictures of Margarvine Anastasia at the celebrations marking the 800th anniversary of region of Anhalt earlier this year, her brother in law Prince Albert of Saxony was there though with his wife.

Anyone know how the Prince von Anhalt who is married to ZsaZsa Gabor is related?

Anyone know how the Prince von Anhalt who is married to ZsaZsa Gabor is related?

Not related at all since he is not really a Prince von Anhalt. He was adopted as an adult by an elderly Princess Von Anhalt in exchange for a large sum of money which allowed him to take Prinz von Anhalt as his surname but he is not a prince of the Anhalt family and they do not recognize him as being a member of their family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Prinz_von_Anhalt

Last edited:
I don't know if there is contact but Anastasia's father Prince Eugen regarded himself as head of the ducal house instead of his nephews Friedrich then Eduard so they may not be that close. I didn't see any pictures of Margarvine Anastasia at the celebrations marking the 800th anniversary of region of Anhalt earlier this year, her brother in law Prince Albert of Saxony was there though with his wife.

Thank you for this,I always wondered if they were in some sort of contact...

Posts about Zsa Zsa's husband are generally moved out of this thread and over to Members' Corner.

Eduard, Prince of Anhalt and his wife attended the 'Waldorf Astoria Berlin Grand Opening' at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, Germany, on February 27, 2013.

** Pic **

Julia Katharina is married with Marc Bernath.
Julia Eilika and her partner Fabien/Fabian Harte have one son, Leopold.

Julia Katharina is married with Marc Bernath.
Julia Eilika and her partner Fabien/Fabian Harte have one son, Leopold.
What do you know his name from?
Julia Katharina and Marc also have a son.

I know that they also have a son, but I don't know what his name is. His surname is in any case Von Anholt, according Juschka in this interview. Adel: Die Töchter Anhalts | Mitteldeutschland*- Mitteldeutsche Zeitung

The website Am Ende des Tages says that Fabian Harte her husband is, but I don't know if that is true. I don't think so. They also named their son Leopold. ► AEDT | Unglück am Set: Bruno Eyron beim Filmdreh in der Türkei von Pferd getreten / Halle Berry dreht Werbespot für Deichmann in New York, Tennisass Wiktoryja Asaranka wirbt parallel für Bacardi / Vernissage Front Club mit Michael Michalsky &

Julia Eilika give birth to a daughter on 1 September 2013 in Berlin. Her name is Julia Philine. Eilika and her husband Fabian Harte have alreay a son, Leopold. Source: prive.

Last edited:
Haha, that's right. I've been self filled it there, but have taken the wrong date. But also forgot to adjust it here.

HH Princess Julia Eilika of Anhalt (b.1 January 1985) [second of three daughters of Eduard, Prince of Anhalt (b.1941) & his wife Corinna, nee Kronlein (b.1961)] & her partenr Fabien Harte has their second child, Julia Philine, in Berlin on 1 September.

A sister for Leopold (b.2011).

For Eilika's parents it's third grandchild and first granddaughter: their firstborn, Julia Katharina (b.1980) & her husband Marc Bernath have a son, Julius Maxime Laszlo (21-12-2010)

Source: Prince Eduard's biography in English Wikipedia )Thanks, WorldofRoyals and Netty!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Johanna Charlotte of Anhalt-Dessau (1682-1750) was the daughter of Johann Georg II.
She had herself elected as abbess of Herford Abbey in 1729.

How sad, esp. after 33 years of marriage.

Perhaps the divorce settlement influenced the following:

The duke of Anhalt is putting a pearl necklace that belonged to Amalia of Solms (wife of Stadholder Frederick Henri of Holland, Zeeland etc.) up for auction.

They are expected to sell for 120.000-160.000 euros.
Amalia had access to the best pearls that came with the VOC, the Dutch East India Company.

The pearls will be autioned on May 13th at Sotheby's in Geneva.

Royalty Online

That's so cool :) I loved Die Sendung mit der Maus (und dem Elefanten) when i was young (well, still, actually ;) )

That's true, but the Duke always hoes on about his eldest daughter being the heritary Princes and his heir so I just wondered.
At the website of the family of Anhalt-Ascania:

Aktualisierung des Hausgesetzes der Familie Anhalt-Askanien | Anhalt-Askanien

Aktualisierung des Hausgesetzes der Familie Anhalt-Askanien

In January 2010 HH Prince Eduard Duke of Anhalt, Duke of Saxony, Head of the Ducal House and Master of the Order Albrecht the Bear, added and modernized the “Hausgesetz der Familie Anhalt-Askanien für das 21. Jahrhundert” (Family Laws of the Ducal House of Anhalt-Ascania for the 21rst Century).

“In close dependence upon the decisions and changes made by most of the ruling royal families of Europe, inevitable for the necessities of the monarchies and our former ruling dynastyy of Anhalt-Ascania for the 21st Century and because of the actual adoption laws of the Federal Republic of Germany I have decided to add the following new house laws:

- The Salic or Semi-Salic laws are no longer valid and no longer executed by the Ducal House of Ascania.

- The Head of the House of Anhalt-Askania is Prince EDUARD Julius Ernst-August Erdmann, DUKE OF ANHALT, Duke of Saxony, Engern and Westphalia, Count of Ascania, Lord of Zerbst, Bernburg und Gröbzig and his legal descendance succeeding his late brother Prince Friedrich, Duke of Anhalt (1938 – 63), son of the late Duke Joachim Ernst of Anhalt (1901 – 1947).

- Successor to the present Duke Eduard will be the his first born daughter and her direct lineage, according to the earlier date of birth of her child, independend to the child’s gender.

- According to the new laws of the Ducal House, Eduard Duke of Anhalt’s successor will be Princess JULIA KATHARINA, b.at Bad Tölz 14 Dec 1980 and her decendants according to earlier date of birth, not to gender.

- With her succession – either at the date of the death of her father, his written abdication or a mental health problem – Princess Julia Katharina will become Duchess of Anhalt, Head of the Ducal House of Ascania and Master of the Order Albrecht der Bär.

- Successor to Princess Julia Katharina, future Duchess of Anhalt will be, at present, her eldest child Prince Julius MAXIME Lazllo b at Munich 21 Dec 2010 as future Duke of Anhalt and his lineage of children according to earlier birth, not to gender.

- In the case, that there will be no direct living decendancy by the lineage Eduard Duke of Anhalt to Princess Julia Katharina to Prince Julius Maxime Laszlo; the direct lineage of my second daughter Princess Julia EILIKA b at Munich 3 Jan 1985 shall follow, followed by the direct lineage of my youngest daughter Princess Julia FELICITAS b at Munich 14 May 1993.

- Accepted family members and successors as Head of the Ducal House of Anhalt-Ascania can only be male and female decendants in the direct lineage from the late Duke Joachim Ernst of Anhalt, Duke of Saxony, Count of Ascania etc. (1901 – 47).

- Members of the House of Anhalt, who adopted or adopt persons who are not direct decendence to Duke Joachim Ernst, never were and shall be accepted as members of the House of Anhalt-Ascania.

Given in Berlin January 1st 2010
Julius Eduard Duke of Anhalt

Eduard, Prince of Anhalt, participated in the German TV talkshow "Hart aber fair" in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, August 21:

** rex gallery **

Eduard, Prince of Anhalt, and his daughter Felicitas attended the "Movie meets Media" event in Berlin yesterday, February 19:

** ppe gallery **

Eduard, Prince of Anhalt, his former wife Corinna and two of their daughters attended the 100 years anniversary of the "Cultural Foundation Dessau" in Wörlitz, Germany, today, November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Eduard, Prince of Anhalt, attended the premiere of the new eROCKIT Bike in Berlin yesterday, June 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sabine, Princess of Anhalt, attended the premiere of "Idomeneo" during the Salzburg Opera Festival 2019 in Salzburg, Austria, yesterday, July 27:

** Pic **

Sabine, Princess of Anhalt, attended the premiere of "Idomeneo" during the Salzburg Opera Festival 2019 in Salzburg, Austria, yesterday, July 27:

** Pic **

How is Sabine related to the Ducal Family of Anhalt?

Back
Top Bottom