The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Of course, given that noble titles no longer actually exist in Germany (in legal terms)...

Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCanada View Post
Of course, given that noble titles no longer actually exist in Germany (in legal terms)...
LOL My joke was in reference to the nobles who have a reality show on German TV looking for brides.
BTW I have read numerous times that mothers of princes throughout Europe were always looking towards Germany for the large number of princesses and ladies from noble families who live quiet lives but have blue blood running through their veins.
Lastly does anyone have any links for me to read about the princess who "adopted" Za Za's husband and bestowed the title to him?
Thank you

Old 06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Lastly does anyone have any links for me to read about the princess who "adopted" Za Za's husband and bestowed the title to him?
Thank you
Yes, i'd like to read about her aswell...does anyone have a link??? i read that she adopted Za Za's husband in order for him to get the surname (Prinz von Anhalt) for money....and that he might not be the only one she adopted for the same reasons, she must have been really desperate for money to do that! i might be wrong but thats from what i can gather from this thread.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakobau View Post
Yes, i'd like to read about her aswell...does anyone have a link??? i read that she adopted Za Za's husband in order for him to get the surname (Prinz von Anhalt) for money....and that he might not be the only one she adopted for the same reasons, she must have been really desperate for money to do that! i might be wrong but thats from what i can gather from this thread.
Princess Marie Auguste of Anhalt (widow of Prince Joachim of Prussia) adopted Hans Robert Lichtenberg in 1980, who changed his name to Frederic Prinz von Anhalt. Frederic said that he was friends with her son, Prince Karl of Prussia, who died. Most people however assume he paid the princess for the adoption. Frederic is now 'selling' the title too btw.

Marie-Auguste married prince Joachim of Prussia, son of the Kaiser in 1916. Joachim comitted suicide after 4 years of marriage. The princess remarried in 1926 to Johannes-Michael Freiherr von Loën, which ended in a divorce in 1935.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Does the family still have property belonging to the Duchy, can the girls inherit it?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Recent posts about people with the name of von Anhalt who have no relation or relevance to the Ducal House have been removed.

Warren
Germany-Austria moderator
Old 09-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Eduard of Anhalt tells in BILD zeitung what he will show 'his cousin' the Prince of Wales when Charles will visit Halle next year.

Article in German here.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:25 PM

I was quite surprised to learn that Prince Eduard of Anhalt, "His Highness the Duke of Anhalt", who presumably is a Protestant (Lutheran Evangelical?), was made a Bailliff Grand Cross of Justice and Honour of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St. George, an exclusively Catholic Order, by HRH the Infante Don Carlos, Duke of Calabria. Is there any particular reason for this exceptional honour? Added to the mystery surrounding his own birth while his late father was fighting on the Eastern front, is the fact that he married Corinna Krönlein in a religious ceremony in 1986, six years after the civil marriage and after the birth of their first two daughters in December 1980 and July 1985.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Exclamation Looking for pictures

I'm looking for pictures of:
- Elisabeth Strickrodt (1903-1971), 1st wife of Joachim Ernst duke of Anhalt (1901-1947)
- Dorothea von Sonnenberg (1781-1818) and Ernestine von Sonnenberg (1789-1845), 2nd and 3rd wife of Alexius duke of Anhalt-Bernburg (1767-1834)
- August Christian duke of Anhalt-Köthen (1769-1812) and his wife Karoline Friederike princess of Nassau-Usingen (1777-1821)
- Luise princess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck, 1st wife of Friedrich Ferdinand duke of Anhalt-Köthen, Fürst of Anhalt-Pless (1769-1830)
- Auguste princess Reuss zu Köstritz (1794-1855), wife of Heinrich duke of Anhalt-Köthen, prince of Anhalt-Pless (1778-1847)

Does anyone have some?

Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Eduard von Anhalt and Princess Corinna von Anhalt attend the
Sustainability Award at the Deutsche Historische Museum on April 29,
2009 in Berlin, Germany. The award was handed out to Prince Charles
who visited Germany , so more pics of the event can be found here.

------> Pic
Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Eilika von Anhalt, Prince Eduard von Anhalt, Princess
Corinna von Anhalt and Karin Sassoli de Medici attend the 8th
Russian-German Ball at the Embassy of the Russian Federation
on September 4, 2009 in Berlin, Germany.

----> Pic
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

idw-online.de is reporting that Prince Franz and Princess Louise of Anhalt-Dessau have invited to a congress about "Innenseiten des Gartenreichs - Die Wörlitzer Interieurs im englisch-deutschen Kulturtransfer".

Dessau-Wörlitz-Kommission betrachtet die Innenseiten des Gartenreichs

mz-web.de is reporting that Princess Corinna has unveiled the naming board of the Stiftungsschule Friederike zu Anhalt.

Ersatzschule erhält einen Namen - mz-web.de
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Eduard von Anhalt and Princess Corinna von Anhalt attend
the "Prix Montlanc 2009" , Berlin, Germany, October 27, 2009

----> Pic
Old 11-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Julia Katharina "Juschka" of Anhalt, eldest daughter of Duke Eduard of Anhalt, married Marc Bernath on 12 July 2008.

Source: Theroff's Online Gotha
Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Princess Julia Katharina "Juschka" of Anhalt, eldest daughter of Duke Eduard of Anhalt, married Marc Bernath on 12 July 2008.

Ah well, that's takes her off the list of potential brides for Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Administrator

The Anhalt website includes a very detailed genealogical chart of the House of Ascania which is worth a look (as is the rest of the site).
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post

Oh my god!! The wedding has become known just now??
Do we still have secret weddings in XXI century? Or simpy nobody cared about?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Nobility

Maybe she just wanted to be a private person?? Maybe she just eloped and Never Told anyone, just her Immediate Family.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
Ah well, that's takes her off the list of potential brides for Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
Yes, but she has two younger sisters, Eilika and Felicitas.... Although of course I imagine that they know each other already, so perhaps there are no sparks. Too bad, as all of them are quite attractive young persons!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Courtier

I get the feeling, though I could be wrong, that the family doesn't have much to do with the other German Royal families. I don't recall seeing them them mentioned on the guestlists of any recent weddings for example.