The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
According to what I read once in an article she's still the Princess of Hanover, as EA allowed her to still bear the title despite divorcing her.

Besides I wouldn't say their marriage was already on the rocks when he started to date Caroline, as when interviewed by "CHI" mag at the time this magazine was still reliable, Chantal told the reported: " Ernst and I will never divorce!", and that she would do her utmost to save her marriage.
Poor Chantal, she must have been devestatd when they divorced!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
She was! However she never mentioned Caroline in the interview.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

How very classy of her! That must of been very hard for her.... My opinion of her has just jumped up!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone have more photos of her?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I found this photo from 1998 (CHI)
Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Definitely not as beautiful as Caroline. Ernst upgraded! Christian looks a lot like his mother!!! Geeze!

Ani
Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I found this photo from 1998 (CHI)
Hey -- a woman with a bag named after the legendary beauty whose daughter allegedly stole her husband.

Did Chantal realize the irony of owning a Kelly bag?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Nobility

that's a Kelly bag? ironic
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Nobility

There is an article about the whole Chantal, Ernst, Caroline scandal in the September issue of Vanidades, just in case any of you want to read it. There is a cute pic of Chantal and Ernst, she's grabbing his arm the way that Caro does...oh man!

Ani
Old 09-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Forgive my ignorance...is Vanidades a Spanish magazine? When I do a google search...Cosmopolitan comes up.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
There is an article about the whole Chantal, Ernst, Caroline scandal in the September issue of Vanidades, just in case any of you want to read it. There is a cute pic of Chantal and Ernst, she's grabbing his arm the way that Caro does...oh man!

Ani
Would love to read it, can't read spanish though! Could you, please please with sugar , translate for us?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

I used to buy Vanidades, i think its made in USA, in spanish, now we have a local version in Argentina.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
According to what I read once in an article she's still the Princess of Hanover, as EA allowed her to still bear the title despite divorcing her.
Ernst August is a German citizen and married according to German family law. At that time the name of the husband became the family name (today you can choose his, hers or each spouse keeps his own name). So the family name of EA and Chantal became "prince/ss of Hanover". Please note: it's a name, not a title and there is no official style attached to it, as Germany is a republic.

After a divorce it's the divorced wife's right to keep her name. So no permission by EA was needed.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Commoner

Example of Chantal Hochuli

Chantal Hochuli's experience with Prince Ernst August is an example to all of us not to put all out trust in the notion of fairy tale romances and Princes coming to sweep us off our feet.

She was beautiful as a young woman and invested her youth in loving this man rather than also having a life of her own, perhaps in charity or something meaningful that could add value to the lives of other people.

We could all learn from her experiences.

Collette
Old 09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Forgive my ignorance...is Vanidades a Spanish magazine? When I do a google search...Cosmopolitan comes up.
Yes, it's a Spanish magazine. We get it every month, it's popular here in Miami.

I will try to give you the best translation I can, there are some words in Spanish that I just don't know how to translate to English, so here it goes:

The case of Caroline of Monaco (daughter of Princess Grace who lived preoccupied with the public's opinion of her) is well known, because when she fell in love with Prince Ernst of Hanover, she was good friends with Chantal Hochuli, who had been Ernst's wife for 16 years! Did this "detail" bother Caroline? No. And soon the lovers were living their romance without hiding, even though Chantal cried in public and told everyone that her best friend had "stolen her husband".

Today, Caroline and Ernst live enamored with their little girl, Princess Alexandra (rosy and chubby faced) and all of the children of their previous marriages. Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre ( Caroline's children) and Ernie and Christian of Hanover (Ernst's children), with whom they seem extremely happy. And Chantal? The Swiss heiress, who lives in London, went out with Charles Spencer, the brother of Diana of Wales (who was married!) and afterwards started an affair with Prince Alessandro Ruffo Di Calabria, nephew of Queen Paola of Belgium.

That was it, and by the way there is an article about Albert and Charlene and another about The Rose Ball. I guess Vanidades decided it would be an all-Monaco issue this month!

Ani
Old 09-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Courtier

She is doing well after her divorce from Prince Ernest Of Hanover. I hope she will continue to be happy showing him that she can enjoy life without being married to him. It's the swettest payback to anyone that has broken your heart the way he boke her heart.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

We haven't seen any new pics of Chantal for some time, here is a new one:

Princess Chantal of Hannover and Debonnaire von Bismarck attend Louise Fennell's 50th birthday party, at the Collection on November 27, 2006 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Chantal
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 AM
Serene Highness

Well, she´s the former Princess of Hannover, isn´t she?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Ernstie looks so much like her imo.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Courtier

I just can't help feeling bad for this woman, no matter how much time has passed. Collette was right, true fairytale romances rarely happen, and it seems especially true with royals. Infidelities are more rampant in royal circles, it seems. At least she's happy with her life now. She's better off without a cheating man like Ernst. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheats on Caroline too. Once a cheater, always a cheater.