Chantal Hochuli, formerly The Princess of Hanover

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace said:
At the time very little was said on the situation, because the thing become public only in 1996, around the time Caro lost her hair, while it seems they had been dating since 1995...Some papers said Ernst and Chantal had a crisis and Caro and Ernst got together during a vacation (I think in Turkey, or Thailand); other mags said he had helped her after Vincent broke up with her, others that she stole him from Chantal, it's difficult to know the truth. The only thing I believe (but I might be wrong) is that if Caro had really "stolen" Ernst from his wife, Ernst jr and Chris wouldn't have been on such good terms with her right from the start, they would have needed much more time to adjust to the new situation. I'll try to find some mags of the time to be more precise,

Kisses

Caroline and Ernst August went to Birmany (no Turkey, no Thaïland) just next to Thaïland ;) because I went there... it was fabulous....

After looking at all the photos here of Chantal and Ernst together, I noticed that they weren't smiling at each other, laughing or enjoying each others company the way EA and Caroline seem to. Maybe Ernst and Chantal simply were never all that happy together?

tbhrc said:
Caption: Chantal in cowgirl costume
Chantal looks a travesti here! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
At the wedding pics and the engagement pics they look like children. Ernst August looks very much like his son EA. It´s weird that they never look at each other in the pics. It seems like they were distanced towards each other?

I remember that at the time Caroline and Ernst got married, there were some photos published in the press, showing the three of them talking. It was quite strange to see the couple C&E talking to Caroline, when knowing that Caroline and Ernst were getting married. I don't remember where I saw those photos. Maybe I still have the magazine (I like to keep them for a long, long time....:) ). I'll have to check.

Fabulous pics of Chantal!! I never get to see any so this is great!

Hi, quick question. I noticed that in post #19 Chantal is wearing an impressive tiara. Does anyone know if that's the same one that Caroline wore during the Danish wedding? Thanks!

lashinka2002 said:
Fabulous pics of Chantal!! I never get to see any so this is great!
< ed Warren > .I've read that Caroline was always something like "a non realised dream" for EA, so I believe he was very happy to finally have her.

According to what I read once in an article she's still the Princess of Hanover, as EA allowed her to still bear the title despite divorcing her.

Besides I wouldn't say their marriage was already on the rocks when he started to date Caroline, as when interviewed by "CHI" mag at the time this magazine was still reliable, Chantal told the reported: " Ernst and I will never divorce!", and that she would do her utmost to save her marriage.

Gisela said:
Hi, quick question. I noticed that in post #19 Chantal is wearing an impressive tiara. Does anyone know if that's the same one that Caroline wore during the Danish wedding? Thanks!
Well spotted!
Caroline wore two tiaras in Copenhagen: the Princess Viktoria Luise tiara, and this one ("the Bluten tiara").
pic courtesy Getty Images.
Same Royal House of Hanover tiara as Chantal is wearing in post #19

PrincessofHanoverBlutenDiademDenmar.jpg

Tosca said:
According to what I read once in an article she's still the Princess of Hanover, as EA allowed her to still bear the title despite divorcing her.

Besides I wouldn't say their marriage was already on the rocks when he started to date Caroline, as when interviewed by "CHI" mag at the time this magazine was still reliable, Chantal told the reported: " Ernst and I will never divorce!", and that she would do her utmost to save her marriage.

Poor Chantal, she must have been devestatd when they divorced!

She was! However she never mentioned Caroline in the interview.

How very classy of her! That must of been very hard for her.... My opinion of her has just jumped up!

Anyone have more photos of her?

I found this photo from 1998 (CHI)

Definitely not as beautiful as Caroline. Ernst upgraded! Christian looks a lot like his mother!!! Geeze!

Ani

Tosca said:
I found this photo from 1998 (CHI)
Hey -- a woman with a bag named after the legendary beauty whose daughter allegedly stole her husband.

Did Chantal realize the irony of owning a Kelly bag?:)

There is an article about the whole Chantal, Ernst, Caroline scandal in the September issue of Vanidades, just in case any of you want to read it. There is a cute pic of Chantal and Ernst, she's grabbing his arm the way that Caro does...oh man!

Ani

Forgive my ignorance...is Vanidades a Spanish magazine? When I do a google search...Cosmopolitan comes up.

anag said:
There is an article about the whole Chantal, Ernst, Caroline scandal in the September issue of Vanidades, just in case any of you want to read it. There is a cute pic of Chantal and Ernst, she's grabbing his arm the way that Caro does...oh man!

Ani
Would love to read it, can't read spanish though! Could you, please please with sugar :wub:, translate for us? :flowers:

I used to buy Vanidades, i think its made in USA, in spanish, now we have a local version in Argentina.

Tosca said:

Ernst August is a German citizen and married according to German family law. At that time the name of the husband became the family name (today you can choose his, hers or each spouse keeps his own name). So the family name of EA and Chantal became "prince/ss of Hanover". Please note: it's a name, not a title and there is no official style attached to it, as Germany is a republic.

After a divorce it's the divorced wife's right to keep her name. So no permission by EA was needed.

Example of Chantal Hochuli

:wub: Chantal Hochuli's experience with Prince Ernst August is an example to all of us not to put all out trust in the notion of fairy tale romances and Princes coming to sweep us off our feet.

She was beautiful as a young woman and invested her youth in loving this man rather than also having a life of her own, perhaps in charity or something meaningful that could add value to the lives of other people.

We could all learn from her experiences.

Collette

Zonk said:
Forgive my ignorance...is Vanidades a Spanish magazine? When I do a google search...Cosmopolitan comes up.

Yes, it's a Spanish magazine. We get it every month, it's popular here in Miami.

I will try to give you the best translation I can, there are some words in Spanish that I just don't know how to translate to English, so here it goes:

The case of Caroline of Monaco (daughter of Princess Grace who lived preoccupied with the public's opinion of her) is well known, because when she fell in love with Prince Ernst of Hanover, she was good friends with Chantal Hochuli, who had been Ernst's wife for 16 years! Did this "detail" bother Caroline? No. And soon the lovers were living their romance without hiding, even though Chantal cried in public and told everyone that her best friend had "stolen her husband".

Today, Caroline and Ernst live enamored with their little girl, Princess Alexandra (rosy and chubby faced) and all of the children of their previous marriages. Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre ( Caroline's children) and Ernie and Christian of Hanover (Ernst's children), with whom they seem extremely happy. And Chantal? The Swiss heiress, who lives in London, went out with Charles Spencer, the brother of Diana of Wales (who was married!) and afterwards started an affair with Prince Alessandro Ruffo Di Calabria, nephew of Queen Paola of Belgium.

That was it, and by the way there is an article about Albert and Charlene and another about The Rose Ball. I guess Vanidades decided it would be an all-Monaco issue this month!

Ani

She is doing well after her divorce from Prince Ernest Of Hanover. I hope she will continue to be happy showing him that she can enjoy life without being married to him. It's the swettest payback to anyone that has broken your heart the way he boke her heart.

We haven't seen any new pics of Chantal for some time, here is a new one:

Princess Chantal of Hannover and Debonnaire von Bismarck attend Louise Fennell's 50th birthday party, at the Collection on November 27, 2006 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Chantal

Well, she´s the former Princess of Hannover, isn´t she?

I just can't help feeling bad for this woman, no matter how much time has passed. Collette was right, true fairytale romances rarely happen, and it seems especially true with royals. Infidelities are more rampant in royal circles, it seems. At least she's happy with her life now. She's better off without a cheating man like Ernst. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheats on Caroline too. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Back
Top Bottom