The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks so much tbhrc!
I love that pic:
Chantal is one classy lady...

Old 08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Courtier

They looked so young at their wedding.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Gentry

Also princess Chantal looks kind of cute. Quite beautiful as a young. Chantal is born in 1955 which makes her 2 years older than Caroline, but princess Caroline ages so beautifully . I cannot say that for Chantal. If she had preserved the cutiness she had in her twenties , I do not think Ernst would have left.But who knows after all!!
Old 05-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Majesty

From Seeger Press Part 1

Old 05-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Majesty

From Seeger Press Part 2

Old 05-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Courtier

<The pics are no longer here - tbhrc> I haven't read much about the little triangle that happened between those three but from what I've read so far, it's just shameful. I hope that EA's first wife did well after the divorce and is happier now.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Does anybody actually know what happened between Ernst, Chantal and Caroline? I mean I know that Ernst and Chantal were still married when he started seeing Caroline but were they separated?

Also I have heard some people claim that Caroline only got together with Ernst because he looked after her at a party after she had a row with Vincent and they broke up. This seems to be implying that she was on the rebound. Has anybody else heard this?

I know that it seems pretty obvious that Caroline and Ernst only got married when they did because they found out that she was pregnant, but I do believe that eventually they would have got married anyway, even if Alexandra hadn't come along.

Can anybody remember reading any articles that were published at the time about what actually happened? I know that they may not be a completely reliable source but I am curious as to what was said about the situation at the time.

Thanks a million!!! :)
Old 05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
Does anybody actually know what happened between Ernst, Chantal and Caroline? I mean I know that Ernst and Chantal were still married when he started seeing Caroline but were they separated?

Also I have heard some people claim that Caroline only got together with Ernst because he looked after her at a party after she had a row with Vincent and they broke up. This seems to be implying that she was on the rebound. Has anybody else heard this?

I know that it seems pretty obvious that Caroline and Ernst only got married when they did because they found out that she was pregnant, but I do believe that eventually they would have got married anyway, even if Alexandra hadn't come along.

Can anybody remember reading any articles that were published at the time about what actually happened? I know that they may not be a completely reliable source but I am curious as to what was said about the situation at the time.

Thanks a million!!! :)
as far as i know, ernst and chantal were seperated when caro and ernst started seeing each other.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Courtier

At the time very little was said on the situation, because the thing become public only in 1996, around the time Caro lost her hair, while it seems they had been dating since 1995...Some papers said Ernst and Chantal had a crisis and Caro and Ernst got together during a vacation (I think in Turkey, or Thailand); other mags said he had helped her after Vincent broke up with her, others that she stole him from Chantal, it's difficult to know the truth. The only thing I believe (but I might be wrong) is that if Caro had really "stolen" Ernst from his wife, Ernst jr and Chris wouldn't have been on such good terms with her right from the start, they would have needed much more time to adjust to the new situation. I'll try to find some mags of the time to be more precise,

Kisses
Old 05-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Thanks a million Grace!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
At the time very little was said on the situation, because the thing become public only in 1996, around the time Caro lost her hair, while it seems they had been dating since 1995...Some papers said Ernst and Chantal had a crisis and Caro and Ernst got together during a vacation (I think in Turkey, or Thailand); other mags said he had helped her after Vincent broke up with her, others that she stole him from Chantal, it's difficult to know the truth. The only thing I believe (but I might be wrong) is that if Caro had really "stolen" Ernst from his wife, Ernst jr and Chris wouldn't have been on such good terms with her right from the start, they would have needed much more time to adjust to the new situation. I'll try to find some mags of the time to be more precise,

Kisses
Caroline and Ernst August went to Birmany (no Turkey, no Thaïland) just next to Thaïland because I went there... it was fabulous....
Old 05-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Commoner

After looking at all the photos here of Chantal and Ernst together, I noticed that they weren't smiling at each other, laughing or enjoying each others company the way EA and Caroline seem to. Maybe Ernst and Chantal simply were never all that happy together?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Caption: Chantal in cowgirl costume
Chantal looks a travesti here!
Old 05-29-2006, 04:35 AM
Aristocracy

At the wedding pics and the engagement pics they look like children. Ernst August looks very much like his son EA. It´s weird that they never look at each other in the pics. It seems like they were distanced towards each other?
Old 05-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

I remember that at the time Caroline and Ernst got married, there were some photos published in the press, showing the three of them talking. It was quite strange to see the couple C&E talking to Caroline, when knowing that Caroline and Ernst were getting married. I don't remember where I saw those photos. Maybe I still have the magazine (I like to keep them for a long, long time....:) ). I'll have to check.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Serene Highness

Fabulous pics of Chantal!! I never get to see any so this is great!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Commoner

Hi, quick question. I noticed that in post #19 Chantal is wearing an impressive tiara. Does anyone know if that's the same one that Caroline wore during the Danish wedding? Thanks!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Fabulous pics of Chantal!! I never get to see any so this is great!
< ed Warren > .I've read that Caroline was always something like "a non realised dream" for EA, so I believe he was very happy to finally have her.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
According to what I read once in an article she's still the Princess of Hanover, as EA allowed her to still bear the title despite divorcing her.

Besides I wouldn't say their marriage was already on the rocks when he started to date Caroline, as when interviewed by "CHI" mag at the time this magazine was still reliable, Chantal told the reported: " Ernst and I will never divorce!", and that she would do her utmost to save her marriage.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisela
Hi, quick question. I noticed that in post #19 Chantal is wearing an impressive tiara. Does anyone know if that's the same one that Caroline wore during the Danish wedding? Thanks!
Well spotted!
Caroline wore two tiaras in Copenhagen: the Princess Viktoria Luise tiara, and this one ("the Bluten tiara").
pic courtesy Getty Images.
Same Royal House of Hanover tiara as Chantal is wearing in post #19