Birth of Countess Ingrid von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth: August 16, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna

Aristocracy
Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard got their second grandchild 16.august 2003 at 02.22 am - the little girl was 3690 grams and 53 cm - her father Count Jefferson was with her mother Princess Alexandra of S-W-B when she was born at Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen.

Alexandra har født en datter - 16. august 2003 kl. 05:33

http://www.berlingske.dk/indland/artikel:aid=348432/

Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg gave birth to a daughter early this morning - 16 August at 02.22.

Originally posted by Josefine@Aug 16th, 2003 - 7:55 pm
Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg gave birth to a daughter early this morning - 16 August at 02.22.
that's great

everyone healthy? what's her name?

:flower:

Everyone is healthy! The baby's name has not been announced yet but we should know it in a couple of days.

thanks mybags :flower:

so, what do you think, what will be her name?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you follow this link, you can see video footage of Count Jefferson von Pfeil giving reporters an update on the birth of his daughter and a few words from little Richard, who got a scooter from his new baby sister! (Love how Count Jefferson said that she already knows how to be a good shopper! :p ) Count Jefferson conducted the interview in English though the news reporters spoke in Danish. And he gives us hope that there will be more babies from this lovely couple! ;)

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php?id=206469

She named her son after her father, so maybe her daughter will be named for a family member as well.

I don't know anything about her husband's family, but here are some names from both sides of her family,

Alexandrine
Astrid
Benedikte
Charlotte
Ingrid
Luise
Madeleine
Marguerite
Margrethe
Marie

My bet would be her grandmother Ingrid, but then I have never been right on a baby name guess.

All the royal babies this year have been girls, haven't they?

This is great news. Can't wait to see the pictues! :flower:

Tv2 said that the baby's name is Ingrid. We'll probably learn the rest of her names at the baptism.

Ingrid? :shock:

hope, that's a joke

"Ingrid" with Mummy & Daddy (picture from tv2.dk)

Attachments

• ingrid.JPG
    ingrid.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,350
why do you not like the name Ingrid? [/b]
I know some women with that name

when I hear that name, I don't think of a countess - she's a countess, isn't she?

I like the dutch royal-baby-names (Isabella, Anna/Anastasia, Lucas, Eloise)

Hello Tina.
Nice picture and good news. Maybe she will have lovely middle names and a cute nickname. :flower:

Originally posted by Mandy@Aug 18th, 2003 - 7:33 pm
Hello Tina.
Nice picture and good news. Maybe she will have lovely middle names and a cute nickname. :flower:
I hope so

or she will be as cute as her brother Richard :heart:

:flower:

Ingrid seems very old fashioned to me. But that's just my North American imposition! :p Maybe it's popular and enjoying a re-birth in the Scandinavian nations? It would've been nice if Alexandra and Jefferson could've honoured the baby's maternal great-grandmother while giving her a less old-fashioned name however. Like Ingrid as a middle name.

www.rexfeatures.com - Princess Alexandra, husband Count Jefferson von Pfeil and son Prince Friderich Richard. Copenhagen, Denmark, 13 August 2003.

www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Friderich Richard, son of Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson von Pfeil. Copenhagen, Denmark, 13 August 2003.

www.dr.dk - A bigger picture of baby Ingrid leaving the hospital.

Attachments

• alex_a.jpg
    alex_a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • alex_b.jpg
    alex_b.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,530
  • alex_c.jpg
    alex_c.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 690
  • baby_63855a.jpg
    baby_63855a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,432
www.dr.dk - Little Richard at the hospital.

18. august 2003 16:17 Indland

Nyfødt komtesse skal hedde Ingrid

Den kongelige familie får nu igen en Ingrid i familien.

Prinsesse Alexandra af Berleburg opkalder sin lille ny datter efter sin mormor: Dronning Ingrid.

I dag forlod prinsesse Alexandra af Berleburg Rigshospitalet med sin lille nyfødte datter i armene.

Sammen med sin mand, grev Jefferson, og parrets tre-årige søn, grev Richard, talte prinsessen smilende med pressen og viste sin nyfødte frem. Her fortalte hun, at den lille pige skal hedde Ingrid.

Den velskabte pige, der vejede 3690 gram og var 53 centimeter lang, kom til verden kl. 02.22 natten til lørdag.

Barnebarn nummer to
Barnets far, grev Jefferson von Pfeil, var til stede under fødslen, der blev ledet af overlæge, dr.med. Jørgen Starup med bistand fra afdelingsjordemoder Birgitte Hillerup.

Den lille nye komtesse er prinsesse Benedikte og prins Richards andet barnebarn. Storebror grev Richard von Pfeil blev også født på Rigshospitalet, det var i 1999.

Prinsesse Alexandra af Berleburg blev dansk statsborger i 1999, men er ikke med i arvefølgen til den danske trone.

Hun blev gift med Jefferson-Friedrich von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth ved et stort bryllup i Gråsten Slotskirke i 1998. Til daglig bor parret i Paris, men den sidste tid op til fødslen har familien opholdt sig i Gråsten.

Attachments

• babyio.jpg
    babyio.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,270
www.dr.dk

www.dr.dk - Storebror grev Richard havde et godt tag i sin mor da han fik øje på pressefolkene.

www.dr.dk - Prinsesse Alexandra og grev Jefferson tager afsked med personalet på Riget, overlæge Jørgen Starup og afdelingsjordemoder Birgitte Hillerup.

www.dr.dk - Og så skulle pressen have svar på de mange spørgsmål.

www.dr.dk - Parret blev gift i 1998. De bor til daglig i Paris, men den sidste tid op til fødslen har familien opholdt sig i Gråsten.

www.dr.dk - Og sådan ser en lille ny komtesse ud.

(Little Ingrid close up.)

www.dr.dk - Grev Richard og hans ny lillesøster er prinsesse Benedikte og prins Richards to eneste børnebørn.

www.dr.dk - Prinsesse Alexandra spænder sin søn fast i bilen.

Glad to see that Princess Alexandra is using a baby seat to take little Ingrid home in. So many royals (and non-royals) take their newborn babies home in their arms, which can be so dangerous.

Attachments

• baby_a.jpg
    baby_a.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,500
  • baby_b.jpg
    baby_b.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,443
  • baby_c.jpg
    baby_c.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,698
  • baby_d.jpg
    baby_d.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,953
  • baby_e.jpg
    baby_e.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 6,135
  • baby_f.jpg
    baby_f.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,383
  • baby_g.jpg
    baby_g.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,465
  • baby_h.jpg
    baby_h.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,519
The pictures are beautiful, and the video is wonderful, Alexandria, of Count Jefferson von Pfeil speaking in English!!!! Many congratulations to them on the birth of their new daughter :flower:.

great pictures, Alexandria :clap:

www.dr.dk

En glad grev Jefferson von Pfeil uden for Rigshospitalet, hvor han fortæller pressen om prinsesse Alexandra, der i nat fødte parret en datter

www.dr.dk

Greven er flankeret af Rigshospitalets overlæge dr. med. Jørgen Starup, der var til stede ved fødslen

www.dr.dk

Parrets første barn, der her gemmer sig hos barnepigen, er lille grev Richard, der også blev født på Rigshospitalet i 1999

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 845
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 825
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 917
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 903
Originally posted by Brenda@Aug 19th, 2003 - 1:19 am
The pictures are beautiful, and the video is wonderful, Alexandria, of Count Jefferson von Pfeil speaking in English!!!! Many congratulations to them on the birth of their new daughter :flower:.
:flower: You're very welcome. And Tina, too! It was my pleasure!

And thanks for the additional photos, Tina. Is the young girl with the blonde hair holding little Richard in some of the photos his nanny or a cousin from his father's side?

Polfoto 18-08-2003 Der blev råbt 'tillykke', 'ih' og 'åh' fra et forelsket publikum, da prinsesse Alexandra af Berleburg og grev Jefferson ved middagstid mandag stolt viste deres lille ny datter frem ved Rigshospitalets hovedindgang. - Hun skal hedde Ingrid ligesom sin oldemor, fortalte prinsesse Alexandra pressen, den forventningsfulde forsamling af patienter fra Riget og almindeligt nysgerrige, der var mødt op for at få et glimt af den kommende komtesse.

Attachments

• ingrid_1.jpg
    ingrid_1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 354
  • ingrid_2.jpg
    ingrid_2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 314
  • ingrid_3.jpg
    ingrid_3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 476
  • ingrid_4.jpg
    ingrid_4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 264
Thanks for the pics Tina & Alexandria! This is one of my of my favourite couples. By the way Tina, little Ingrid is as gorgeous as her brother. :)

Ingrid's middle names are Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte.

Back
Top Bottom