Baptism of Countess Ingrid von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth: December 13, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
http://kongehuset.dk - Princess Alexandra's daughter, Ingrid von Pfeil, will be christened in the chapel of Berleburg Castle on December 13 at 12 (CET). Berleburg Castle is the home of Princess Alexandra's parents, Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

Attachments

• baby_63850a.jpg
    baby_63850a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,637
Ingrid's Godmothers and Godfathers are:

Princess Nathalie of Berleburg
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
Princess Alexia of Greece
Prince Geo zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein
Countess Bettina von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Mr. Martin Bleyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Her full name is Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

I thank all of you who posted photos of this lovely family. I absolutly love Princess Alexandra Sayn-Wittingstein-Berleburg, she has such a beautiful family. Do we have any close-up's anywhere?

Very nice pictures, Paulette. The name is nice, too, although I am not too crazy about Irma.

Nice to see Alexia as one of the godparents. I sometimes think that she is a bit overlooked because she's such a low-key royal. Did Queen Anne Marie attend the baptism? She attended Richard's a few years ago with Nikolaos.

Who were all of her godparents? The only one in the photo that I can recognise seems to be Frederik?

Queen Anne Marie didn't attend the christening. The only member of the Greek royal family that was present during the occasion was Princess Alexia.

Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

* Ingrid is of course the name of the late Queen Ingrid, her great-grandmother.
* Alexandra is the name of her mother so with her aunt Princess Alexandra, the wife of Prince Joachim
* Irma - maybe from a royal relative or they chose it
* Astrid is the name of the late Princess Astrid of Sweden. Queen Ingrid's cousin maybe.
* Benedikte is the name of her grandmother. Princess Benedikte of Denamrk.

Originally posted by chanel@Dec 13th, 2003 - 12:47 pm
Who were all of her godparents? The only one in the photo that I can recognise seems to be Frederik?
Paulette posted the godparents names already. See this post:

Posted on Dec 13th, 2003 - 12:23 pm

In the picture of the family with the godparents, the blonde woman in the red is Alexandra's sister Nathalie of Berleburg, and the woman in the grey/blue long jacket is Alexandra's maternal cousin, Alexia of Greece.

Originally posted by paulette@Dec 13th, 2003 - 1:00 pm
* Astrid is the name of the late Princess Astrid of Sweden. The sister of Queen Ingrid.
Thank you for explaining this, Paulette.

I don't think I ever knew that Ingrid had a sister named Astrid. Nice that the couple chose to honour Alexandra's grandmother and her sister all in one name.

I am really sorry for the wrong information regarding the name Astrid. I have edited it.

Astrid is a name of a lot of royal ladies.

*There is Princess Astrid of Belgium, the daughter of Queen Paola and King Albert. She married the Archduke Lorenz of Austria.
*There is the late Astrid, Queen of Sweden who married King Olaf III of Sweden.
*There is also Astrid, the Princess of Sweden and the first wife of King Leopold III of Belgium.

www.colorpress.com

Bad Berleburg, Germany - Christening of Ingrid von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth at Berleburg Castle. Photo: Joergen Koelle

Attachments

• bapt_1.jpg
    bapt_1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,768
  • bapt_2.jpg
    bapt_2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,983
  • bapt_3.jpg
    bapt_3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,604
  • bapt_4.jpg
    bapt_4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,610
  • bapt_5.jpg
    bapt_5.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,621
  • bapt_6.jpg
    bapt_6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,634
  • bapt_7.jpg
    bapt_7.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,700
Nice pictures. Little Richard is such a cutie...I would love to see Mary, playing with children...but I´m quite sure, that this day will come...

Originally posted by mybags@Dec 13th, 2003 - 7:27 pm
Her full name is Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Irma? I have always thought that Irma is entirely a Finnish name! I never knew the name is used somewhere else! :woot: Well, you always learn new things. :p

Queen Astrid of Belgium was the cousin of Queen Ingrid's father.

*There is Princess Astrid of Belgium, the daughter of Queen Paola and King Albert. She married the Archduke Lorenz of Austria.
*There is the late Astrid, Queen of Sweden who married King Olaf III of Sweden.
*There is also Astrid, the Princess of Sweden and the first wife of King Leopold III of Belgium.*
Let's not forget Princess Astrid of Norway, either...
:flower:

Astrid seems to be quite a popular name among the royals. It's a nice name.

EDIT: I see, from the poll about the names, that Astrid is one of Princess Benedikte's many names as well...

What is the name of the female that was Princess Alexandra's chief Bridesmaid? She is in one of the pictures standing just above Princess Nathalie.

She appears to be multi racial. Any info on her?

Thank you for explaining this, Paulette.

I don't think I ever knew that Ingrid had a sister named Astrid. Nice that the couple chose to honour Alexandra's grandmother and her sister all in one name. [/b]
Astrid, Queen of Belgium, was not a sister to Queen Ingrid of Denmark. Astrid was a cousin to Queen Ingrid's father.

Countess Ingrid's parents are Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Count Jefferson von Pfeil.

Princess Alexandra is the daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark and Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

She is also the niece of Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Queen Anne Marie of Greece and the granddaughter of the late Queen Ingrid, for whom the baby is named for.

Polfoto 13-12-2003 - Jefferson-Friedrich Volker Benjamin Count von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth and his wife Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Countess von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth pose with their baby daughter Ingrid and their little son Richard (front row) and the godparents and family members during the baptism at Berleburg Castle in Bad Berleburg, Germany, 13 December 2003. The baby was born on 16 August 2003 in Copenhagen and was given the name Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth. Her godparents are Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Prince Alexia of Greece, Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Prince Georg zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, Countess Bettina von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, and Martin Bleyer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 715
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 604
  • 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 676
  • 1g.jpg
    1g.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 547
  • 1i.jpg
    1i.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 443
Polfoto 13-12-2003 - Berleburg Castle in Bad Berleburg, Germany - Baptism of Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, daughter of Jefferson-Friedrich Volker Benjamin Count von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth and Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Countess von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.

Attachments

• 1j.jpg
    1j.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 1k.jpg
    1k.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 498
  • 1cc.jpg
    1cc.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 395
  • 00051richard.jpg
    00051richard.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 00051berleburg.jpg
    00051berleburg.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,602
I loved Mary's look. She is simple in her attire yet she looks very elegant. She seems to have improved a lot in her dresses lately. She is really improving in many aspects. She is already cheerful and she smiles a lot. :)

But let's put the spotlight of Countess Ingrid. It's her christening.

Baptism of Countess Ingrid von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth; December 13th, 2003

POLFOTO 13.12.2003 Baptism of Countess Ingrid at Berleburg Castle in Bad Berleburg, Germany, 13 December 2003. The baby was born on 16 August 2003 in Copenhagen and was given the name Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth. Her parents are Jefferson-Friedrich Volker Benjamin Count von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth and Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Countess von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.

Attachments

• 6rh01kg7_guest.jpg
    6rh01kg7_guest.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • 6rh01kg9_guest.jpg
    6rh01kg9_guest.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 6rh01kgb_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgb_guest.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,737
  • 6rh01kgc_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgc_guest.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,768
  • 6rh01kgd_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgd_guest.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,136
  • 6rh01kge_guest.jpg
    6rh01kge_guest.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,796
  • 6rh01kgg_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgg_guest.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3,003
  • 6rh01kgi_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgi_guest.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,425
  • 6rh01kgj_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgj_guest.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5,510
  • 6rh01kgk_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgk_guest.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 639

Attachments

• 6rh01kgl_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgl_guest.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 6rh01kgm_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgm_guest.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,499
  • 6rh01kgn_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgn_guest.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,520
  • 6rh01kgo_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgo_guest.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,823
  • 6rh01kgp_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgp_guest.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 348
  • 6rh01kgq_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgq_guest.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,387
  • 6rh01kgs_guest.jpg
    6rh01kgs_guest.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • 6rh01kfk_guest.jpg
    6rh01kfk_guest.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,525
  • 6rh01kfl_guest.jpg
    6rh01kfl_guest.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 6rh01kfr_guest.jpg
    6rh01kfr_guest.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,159
Thank you Mandy!

Ingrid is a gorgeous little girl :)

Hannelore said:
Thank you Mandy!

Ingrid is a gorgeous little girl :)

You're very welcome Hannelore. Isn't she one of the most beautiful babies you've ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom