Titles, Surname and Protocols for the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Margaret of Dinmarca, is the Head of State of Denmark and Head of the Danish royal house and the highest representative of a dynasty.
She alone the power to determine the surname of Christian IX, which George of greece descended from Chritian IX of Denmark.She is the only entitled to establish which was the name or surname of Christian IX and their descendants.It turns out that Margaret is Head of State , and her word is as good as the President of a Republic.
[FONT=&quot]http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/QUEENMAR1983.jpg[/FONT]

In this moment which members of the Greek Royal Family has a regular greek passport and which is the surname put in it?

In this moment which members of the Greek Royal Family has a regular greek passport and which is the surname put in it?
None of King Constantine 's descendants hold a greek passport and neither does he or his wife. I have read on the Internet that Prince Michael holds a French passport with the surname de Grece on it and even in the greek publications of his book he signs with latin letters as Michel de Grece. However, I never managed to know what kind of passport his wife and daughters hold, so it might be a Greek one

:previous:The passport of the wife of Prince Michael is Monaco, I read an interview of her in a Spanish magazine, for an exhibition she was presenting in Spain and she said be the sculptor of Monaco .

....... The King's grandshildren who were born in the US automatically can claim US citizenship. There is no way they could claim a Greek citizenship since their mother is not Greek and their father was denied Greek citizenship.
Prince Paul, to the best of my knowledge never applied for Greek passport. Anyway, he maintains Greek Patriality and this also extends to his children. Should they ever decide to obtain Greek Nationality, all they have to do is to apply for, presenting of course a name and a surname.

They have never had the surname Glucksburg so I dont't understant why somebody could ask them to bear it.

They have never had the surname Glucksburg so I dont't understant why somebody could ask them to bear it.
Nobody is asking them, in fact no one has the right to impose Glucksburg as a surname onto the former royal family. All that is required by the Hellenic Constitution is that all citizens have a surname. Thus, King Constantine and his children and grandchildren should present a surname should they want to obtain Greek nationality, on top the Greek patriality that is theirs and no one can take away from them.

It is more complicated if Prince Paul wants to have a Greek passport, he may not get it automatically because for it he may need have Greek ancestors ... In 1994 a law stripped of his Greek origins to his father and ancestors, to entire dynasty,.... In conclusion to obtain Greek nationality being with force law 1994 must: A: Obtaining a residence card, for it must get a job b: Reside permanently in Greece, during the years that Greek law provides for foreigners without ascending Greeks ... c: Finally the requirements for the authorization of the Greek authorities, may be denied citizenship oaths and other requirements If the Prince Pavlo would like to get automatic citizenship requires that the Act! 994 is repealed. Of course, if we have note that the 1994 Act, gives different treatment to members of the Royal family, it could happen that for can not be applied the law normal and would be need a new law, to develop the 1994 law, aimed solely at the Royal Family. The greeks Politicians call to Constantine "Glucksburg" . they are not competent to establish the surname of a dynasty, currently the only jurisdiction to establish the surname of the Danish dynasty is the head of the Danish Royal Family, Queen Margaret.

It is more complicated if Prince Paul wants to have a Greek passport, he may not get it automatically because for it he may need have Greek ancestors ... In 1994 a law stripped of his Greek origins to his father and ancestors, to entire dynasty,.... In conclusion to obtain Greek nationality being with force law 1994 must: A: Obtaining a residence card, for it must get a job b: Reside permanently in Greece, during the years that Greek law provides for foreigners without ascending Greeks ... c: Finally the requirements for the authorization of the Greek authorities, may be denied citizenship oaths and other requirements If the Prince Pavlo would like to get automatic citizenship requires that the Act! 994 is repealed. Of course, if we have note that the 1994 Act, gives different treatment to members of the Royal family, it could happen that for can not be applied the law normal and would be need a new law, to develop the 1994 law, aimed solely at the Royal Family. The greeks Politicians call to Constantine "Glucksburg" . they are not competent to establish the surname of a dynasty, currently the only jurisdiction to establish the surname of the Danish dynasty is the head of the Danish Royal Family, Queen Margaret.
What you said regarding obtaining nationality is true insofar as ethnotically non-Greeks are concerned. Let me say it once again, Greece like Israel has a strong patriality law. All ethnotically Greek people, that is, those who had a Greek ancestor on the direct line up to three generations, are entitled to obtain Greek nationality following an entirely different process, which is quick and simple.
Now, to King Constantine's case, whether he does or does not have a surname is his problem and none of Greece's concern. Should he decide to become a Greek national again, he is both welcome and entitled, but he is mandated to acquire a surname, any surname of his choice.

This is, Prince Pavlo you can not apply the patriality law, because her Greek background was annulled in the law 94

This is, Prince Pavlo you can not apply the patriality law, because her Greek background was annulled in the law 94
This is not correct, legally at least. The former royal family of Greece was stripped of its nationality, but they maintain their patriality.
If your father or your grandfather was Greek national, no law can cancel this reality - patriality has nothing to do with laws. Thus, even though his father is not a Greek national, as of this writing, Prince Paul maintains Greek patriality and may apply, independently of his father and his father's status, for Greek nationality on the premise that he abide by the Constitutional requirements.

No democratic country would strip somebody's nationality!It is a shame!

I would not agree with this statement. Every Democratic country should be stripping of their nationality all those who do not respect the Law and those who defy her constitution unless the latter was imposed by a dictatorship.
Canada, Australia and the USA are said to be Democratic and are Democratic exactly because their people respect the Law and respect the Constitution.

Give me examples of democratic countries who strip nationality to any of their citizens!

I would not agree with this statement. Every Democratic country should be stripping of their nationality all those who do not respect the Law and those who defy her constitution unless the latter was imposed by a dictatorship.
Canada, Australia and the USA are said to be Democratic and are Democratic exactly because their people respect the Law and respect the Constitution.

Only the Greek Junta made such an act! the King always respected the Law and the Constitution! He had made declarations many times, but they wanna humiliate him, sending him to apply for Greek Nationality...

Nobody can ask them something like that and never will.But to answer your question it would be preferable and more ''decent'' to use Glucksburg than ''Constantine de Grecia'' for example.It was tacky and made them target.They received many bitter comments after that decision.And bare in mind that by that time we had the same wretched Social party leading,like today.The Conservative party was always more friendly to them (Mitsotakis for example).

King Konstantinos should go again to CEDO for his nationality/passport .

He was stripped of his lands, his citizenship and his passport.
He has a diplomatic passport which he travels on.

This is against human rights.He should complain to CEDO.

He sued the European Court of Humans Rights in regards to his land ownership and got some compensation, then set up the Anne-Marie Foundation.
The European Court also ruled that Constantine's human rights were not violated by the Greek state's decision not to grant him Greek citizenship and passport until he acquires a surname, which Constantine refuses to take to date, citing the fact that his family has no surname. Additionally, he uses his royal title, citing international protocol.

His surname is "of Greece" I presume.

No.
He doesn't have a surname, of Greece is part of his title.

Even the King of Romania's surname is "of Romania".

Even the King of Romania's surname is "of Romania".

And?

The Queen of Denmark has no surname, which is why King Constantine does not have one, because his family is Danish and they have no surname.

All other families have one, the swedish is Bernadotte, the british being windsor.

The Romanian King uses as Surname "of Romania" which is not the same as Windsor, Bernadotte.

Well that's his perogative, but Constantine says he has no surname because his family have no surname, which is right.

I do get why he & the rest of the family wouldn't want to do it, but they can always pick a surname, his ancestors not having one is no excuse, imo.

because it is a sign of identity , in the monarchical ideology the surnames are essential. If a person with surname Bourbon and monarchical ideology resides in a country that forbade him to carry that surname, he would assume any other nationality to retain his surname and his ideology. Identities are essential in the monarchical ideology.

I do get that. and also that they need to use their titles, because it's really their only bargaining chip these days. All I meant was "we never had a surname" is no excuse that would stand up at any court

Back
Top Bottom