The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
This is not historic, this is now:
Our politicians, Karamanlis and PapandreouS(George Papandreou was not born in Greece) ....have ruined us, we are poorer every day, however there are members in the Greek parliament on the lists of the richest, I want to change but no can because the Republic can not be changed . What is our future?, We have to pay the debt that our politicians did, I do not see better hospitals, airports in Greece but I see politicians richer every day, where is that money? is the Republic, the republic are families in power.... are Papandreous, Karamanlis, simitis..Bakoyannis, mitsotakis... and others. and I can not change this. THIS IS TRUE
A great deal of the above is true. But what has that to do with the Royal Forums? I cannot see your point

Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I noticed King Konstantinos is welcomed everywhere in Greece with warmth.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
I noticed King Konstantinos is welcomed everywhere in Greece with warmth.
My dear i noticed that you have a very romantic opinion about the former royalties. Do not feel offensed, i said it with sympathy.
King Konstantinos is not welcomed, people was often very nasty with him. He has been booded by people in the theater, and in the street! It was sad, unpolited and unfair! Only the last few years people are only indifferent and not agressive. Of course there are people nice with him, but not so much. Generally, i think that the last 30 years governments and people have treated KK without justice.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

King Konstantinos has always been treated unfair by many Greek politicians.Maybe he shoul live in Greece all the time to be known by the youth.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
King Konstantinos has always been treated unfair by many Greek politicians.Maybe he shoul live in Greece all the time to be known by the youth.
Since the wedding of Nikolaos he is more known, but they considered him like a "very old past"
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

But he could choose to live in Greece.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But he could choose to live in Greece.
I think they are building a house in porto heli, opposite to island of spetses. And he is often in Athens, i suppose he stays at the hotel
Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

If he lives in Greece people will know him better and surely will learn to love him again.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

no, he stays in a house in Porto Heli, he has bought the lands but has not yet built anything. Cory, I believe in the King, I like the King, I am a follower. I'm agree with Stef, this is the reality of Greece. I like the monarchy and I would like that Greece would be a monarchy, but the reality is that during 30 years Republic, politicians have made the monarchy and her members in unpopular.yes it is true the politicians have ruined to country but they always will be popular, during 30 years they have consolidated this idea, the politicians are popular , the monarchy no. the newspapers are of them, the tvs are of them .If the King lives in Greece, it would not change nothing.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe with his kids smething could change. Not Pavlos (marie chantal is bad help, cold, distant and superficial), but with Nikolaos.
Unfortunately he is not the CP.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Nikolaos will live in Greece in the future with his beautiful wife.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Gentry

Fandesacs, i think you have summed up the position of King Constantine and the unlikelyhood of his restoration, fairly well. I am no expert on the Greek Monarchy, but i do have two Greek ex-pats in my circle of friends and if their attitude towards Constantine is anything to go by, then the anti-monarchist propaganda that you have described, has succeeded all too well. As to the idea of the King and his family settling permanently in Greece, that is of course their right, however, i think they would be better off remaining in London where at least they are treated with a respect and affection, which is so lacking in their homeland.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks James IV. If you go through the history of royalty in Greece, they have received more pain and rejection than hapiness! The only one who had a normal non stopped reign, and finished his life normally as a reigning sovereign, was King Paul. All the other Kings either assasinated or many times chassed from the country and the throne. And same sadness received many members of their families.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Nobility

..and when will born the son or daughter of Prince nikolaos, the best that he can do is baptize her/him in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Maybe Nikolaos will live in Greece in the future with his beautiful wife.
Prince Nikolaos works for one company with headquartered in London, he is responsible for managing it in London, his work would not allow to live in Greece
Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If he lives in Greece people will know him better and surely will learn to love him again.
Why are you so certain this will be the case? Suppose this idea backfires? I feel only pity, not sorrow, for Constantine and many members of other ex-royal families of countries that legally have no royal family. It must be a bitter pill to swallow for many of these people. Really very sad.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

This year the Royal Family was more present in Greece and everybody seemed to have a lot of respect.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
This year the Royal Family was more present in Greece and everybody seemed to have a lot of respect.
How did you draw this conclusion?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the photos!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Nobility

they have house in Greece, The king buys property in Greece.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is very important The Royal Family lives in Greece.