Relationship of Alexia with the other members of the GRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisiñaki

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering about the relationship of Alexia and her family, her parents don't seem to be very warm towards her (I haven't seen a picture of either father or mother kissing or hugging her as an adult), I once read that Pavlos adores her and that's why he named his heir after their father and after her (Constantinos-Alexios).

What about Nikolaos?, because maybe Theodora and Phillipos don't hang around with the first 3 siblings because of the age difference.

Her brothers tend to be waay more high profile than her, specially after she got married, now Alexia only goes to the most basic events namely weddings and it's hard to catch pictures of her.

Do you think that her marriage damaged her relationship with her family?

Alexia has spent joined holidays several times in greece with her parents and brothers.Public intimacy of a royal member is not common even if this involves
parents and children.The fact that no pictures depict that it does not mean Constantine doesnt love his daughter!

I really do not want to think that such a situation occured
What exactly do you mean referring to her wedding? You assume that the GRF are not close to her because she married a commoner?
What comes to my mind is that Alexia does not live in London to be ften in physical contact with the rest of the family, and I know that she is more concerned about the important work she does and now her family
I think that it is just a matter of the low profile I like her so much for keeping and her vieweing herself as not something special for being a royalty
That's why she's great

Alexia,comes across as an honest person and someone you can trust.I like her a lot.She could have married a man with much more power,money,etc but she chose a simpler man who she loved.She is much prettier than other female royals but never tries to attract attention.She could have chosen to live in the most expensive place in europe but she chose Lansarotte.She could have been going to flashy parties every week but she keeps herself among family and relatives.I am sure a lot of parents would wish to have a daughter like that.

I don't really know anything about her relationship with her family but I will share something I read. It was said that at her wedding, her father, KC, stood to make his speech and toast to the newlyweds, and started out with something like, "Alexia - my golden girl.." then got choked up and, I believe, Pavlos finished giving the speech and toast.

Don´t agree at all with ellinotati!

Why do you think Alexia could have married a wealthy noble man or live in expensive surrounding a.s.o.? Have we ever heard of her having a chance to do so? I think she can be glad to have found at least a man like Carlos who is said to be an arquitect. I´m sure Konstantin was shocked when he realised her having a serious relationship with that man. Carlos stayed in the friendship circle of Infanta Cristina when they met each other. He fast found out that there was this not very attractive, a little plump and not too intelligent cousine of Cristina hanging around with her and he took his chance. In my eyes he is much too smart, too young and too clever for Alexia. But Konstantin couldn´t find out anything against him in the beginning and he was aware that Alexia never ever would make a "good match" being already 30 and never had a well suited boyfriend with money or so. So in the end he accepted the relation. One reason f.i. why Alexia waited almost three years after her marriage to have children might have been that Konstantin begged her to first wait whether the marriage works and then have children. Carlos is said to have had a arquitecture-bureau of HIS OWN in Barcelona and suddenly they move to Lanzarote where he is just partner. I never believed the story moving to Lanzarote because of his sick father.
To be continued....

He fast found out that there was this not very attractive, a little plump and not too intelligent cousine of Cristina

Are you out of your mind? Who do you think you're talking about?
Do you know her in person to be able to express yourself with such rude characterisations for Alexia?
Shame!!!

Emily said:
I don't really know anything about her relationship with her family but I will share something I read. It was said that at her wedding, her father, KC, stood to make his speech and toast to the newlyweds, and started out with something like, "Alexia - my golden girl.." then got choked up and, I believe, Pavlos finished giving the speech and toast.

Yes, I was going to comment the same. I think that they are close, just not demonstrative in public.

Stefanie said:
Why do you think Alexia could have married a wealthy noble man or live in expensive surrounding a.s.o.? Have we ever heard of her having a chance to do so? I think she can be glad to have found at least a man like Carlos who is said to be an arquitect. I´m sure Konstantin was shocked when he realised her having a serious relationship with that man. Carlos stayed in the friendship circle of Infanta Cristina when they met each other. He fast found out that there was this not very attractive, a little plump and not too intelligent cousine of Cristina hanging around with her and he took his chance. In my eyes he is much too smart, too young and too clever for Alexia. But Konstantin couldn´t find out anything against him in the beginning and he was aware that Alexia never ever would make a "good match" being already 30 and never had a well suited boyfriend with money or so. So in the end he accepted the relation. One reason f.i. why Alexia waited almost three years after her marriage to have children might have been that Konstantin begged her to first wait whether the marriage works and then have children. Carlos is said to have had a arquitecture-bureau of HIS OWN in Barcelona and suddenly they move to Lanzarote where he is just partner. I never believed the story moving to Lanzarote because of his sick father.
To be continued....

Have you ever taken the time to look at Alexia? She's a pretty woman not stunning I admit that but her natural beauty shines because she doesn't use too much makeup or wear flashy dresses.

And about her not being too intelligent, this is the first time that I heard that one person who has a Major in History, a post graduate degree in Education and a master's degree in Early Childhood Intervention is stupid:eek: :eek: , I guess you have a PhD of nuclear sciences and work as director of the NASA since you are so quick at judging people's intellect.:cool:

Carlos and Alexia live happily in Lanzarote with their children, they chose to go there for several reasons:
1. They both like to be low-profile and living in Barcelona, where Cristina and Iñaki also live is like staying in an acuarium so they decided to leave
2. Lanzarote also has sea so they can sail as long as they want and the weather is awesome
3. Carlos's father is very ill so they can be close to him and let their kids to know their grandfather before he passes away.
4. You said that Carlos seized the opportunity and married her, what opportunity? did he get something out of marrying her? no, he could have lived a jet-set kind of life with her yet he chose to live quietely and see their children grow in a beautiful place.

Carlos gets a very bad rap. Who knows the actual state of their marriage. Alexia seems to be very happy with her husband and her family and extended family seem to accept him.

I don't quite understand why the impression should be that Alexia is not loved as much by her parents - or her father - as her other siblings. It was always my impression, mostly based on pictures from the various family get-togethers in Denmark, particularly at Gråsten, that Alexia has always been as much loved and cherised as anybody else in her family.
Years back, a newspaper or magazine published a snapshot taken of Constantine and Alexia in a plane. Alexia was smiling at him and you could see her father's eyes literally shining at her. I always thought that this picture just oozed parental love!

crisiñaki said:
Have you ever taken the time to look at Alexia? She's a pretty woman not stunning I admit that but her natural beauty shines because she doesn't use too much makeup or wear flashy dresses.

And about her not being too intelligent, this is the first time that I heard that one person who has a Major in History, a post graduate degree in Education and a master's degree in Early Childhood Intervention is stupid:eek: :eek: , I guess you have a PhD of nuclear sciences and work as director of the NASA since you are so quick at judging people's intellect.:cool:

Carlos and Alexia live happily in Lanzarote with their children, they chose to go there for several reasons:
1. They both like to be low-profile and living in Barcelona, where Cristina and Iñaki also live is like staying in an acuarium so they decided to leave
2. Lanzarote also has sea so they can sail as long as they want and the weather is awesome
3. Carlos's father is very ill so they can be close to him and let their kids to know their grandfather before he passes away.
4. You said that Carlos seized the opportunity and married her, what opportunity? did he get something out of marrying her? no, he could have lived a jet-set kind of life with her yet he chose to live quietely and see their children grow in a beautiful place.

True, true
Not to mention the work she's doing with children with Down syndrome, which shows what a fantastic and sensitive person she is

I believe that she is happy with her husband and her daughters in lanzarote.

UserDane said:
I don't quite understand why the impression should be that Alexia is not loved as much by her parents - or her father - as her other siblings. It was always my impression, mostly based on pictures from the various family get-togethers in Denmark, particularly at Gråsten, that Alexia has always been as much loved and cherised as anybody else in her family.
Years back, a newspaper or magazine published a snapshot taken of Constantine and Alexia in a plane. Alexia was smiling at him and you could see her father's eyes literally shining at her. I always thought that this picture just oozed parental love!

do you have that picture or know how to find it?
Thank you

What kind of relationship does Alexia have with her mother? I've seen more pictures of her brothers with Queen A-M than with her with the queen alone.

I always thought P. Alexia was a pretty woman- she can definitely hold her own amongst the other princesses of Europe, royal born or not, and there's no reason to suggest that she's not enough for Carlos. I think if something were truly going on in that marriage, the press would have found it out by now and she'd be in the papers a lot more frequently. Lanzarote is out of the way, but it's certainly not off the map, and it's not like they're in hiding. Besides, the most that she's done recently is to have babies and live a peaceful life! I totally agree with what others have said about her not being dumb in the least bit. I'm glad she took the time to do her education and find a way to support herself and her family. She may never be rich, but pursuit of material aims only gets one so far in the end.

Anyway, I see Alexia, Carlos and the way they are in the pictures, with absolutely no appearance of stiffness or formality between them, and I see their thriving girls and adorable son and I can't help but wish that for myself someday! Carlos doesn't seem to be someone who has used his wife's connections to his advantage, for with a sister-in-law like Marie- Chantal, there is no reason why he couldn't have, and I think that should be respected. They seem to be the opposite of CP Pavlos and CP Marie-Chantal.

As you all can tell by now, she's one of my favorite princesses! :rolleyes:

janos614 said:
What kind of relationship does Alexia have with her mother? I've seen more pictures of her brothers with Queen A-M than with her with the queen alone.

That's exactly one of the reasons why I started this thread, anyone has recent pictures showing QAM being nice to her eldest daughter?:rolleyes:

Another question, how's the relationship between Alexia and Nikolaos? before she got married he went with her to every public act so I wonder if they are close or not

Last edited:

crisiñaki said:
do you have that picture or know how to find it?
Thank you
Sorry no, I just remember it because I thought it was a sweet picture. It's years back, probably when Alexia was in her 20s.

I'm not very good at finding pictures, I'm afraid. I did find this nice one, at Worldroots.com, of the late queen Ingrid kissing her eldest grandchild on her wedding day http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs5/ingridsweden1910-57.jpg

Have you seen this profile of Alexia? I hadn't seen it before http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/index.cfm?get=family

I think that if Alexia wasn't close to her mother , she wouldn't have named her second daughter after her. They are simply not demonstrative, that's all !

vane78 said:
I believe that she is happy with her husband and her daughters in lanzarote.

I wish I had a husband who would move with me to Lanzarote <lol> - the island is one of the most beautiful places in the world if you like harsh, vulcanic landscapes, the soil, if watered, is very fertile (thus, you can have the most wonderful tropical garden, if you want to), the air is clean and the climate the most healthy in the world, as there are no real seasons with extreme weather....

How I envy the princess....

UserDane said:

Sorry no, I just remember it because I thought it was a sweet picture. It's years back, probably when Alexia was in her 20s.

I'm not very good at finding pictures, I'm afraid. I did find this nice one, at Worldroots.com, of the late queen Ingrid kissing her eldest grandchild on her wedding day http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs5/ingridsweden1910-57.jpg

Have you seen this profile of Alexia? I hadn't seen it before http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/index.cfm?get=family

Thanks for the picture and yeah, I've seen the profile, I took her education degrees from there

Continue...

In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents! And the university degrees are of quite infereor quality. Mostly private courses. (Operetta-studies as it´s called in Germany, for students whose college grades are not too good...) In the Down-Syndrome-institution her Aunt Queen Sofia got her that job. Nothing against people who work with handicapped persons, I´m sure it´s a job where you need a lot of patience and empathy but it´s also a job typically done by female persons and in my opinion your mental capability isn´t THAT important (in contrast to f.i. doctors, teachers at colleges, nuclear-physicists a.s.o....) Well, let´s face it: She can´t do too wrong by working with those children.....
To be continued...

Stefanie said:
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents!

I thought Carlos was an architect and earned well. Considering the fact that the Greek royal family is nonreigning I don't think it would really matter to Konstantin wether she married an aristrocrat or not. I think she's happy with her position and not lacking for anything. Plus this year she has been blessed with a son!:)

Stefanie said:
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move.

I agree with you, Barcelona is the most expensive city in Spain and one of the most expensive in Europe.

Stefanie said:
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents! And the university degrees are of quite infereor quality. Mostly private courses. (Operetta-studies as it´s called in Germany, for students whose college grades are not too good...) In the Down-Syndrome-institution her Aunt Queen Sofia got her that job. Nothing against people who work with handicapped persons, I´m sure it´s a job where you need a lot of patience and empathy but it´s also a job typically done by female persons and in my opinion your mental capability isn´t THAT important (in contrast to f.i. doctors, teachers at colleges, nuclear-physicists a.s.o....) Well, let´s face it: She can´t do too wrong by working with those children.....
To be continued...

1. Why do you hate Alexia too much?
2. I didn't know that Surrey University and the University of Barcelona were inferior quality, funny thing isn't it?:rolleyes:
3. Do you know how hard is to try to relate to children with Down? They need a lot of study to be able to understand the special needs those kids have and the form of education that they require is very hard to learn.
4. With all due respect, if you consider yourself so intelligent and hate Alexia so much why don't you go somewhere else before the moderators take action?:cool:
5. If you check their pictures together carefully, you'll notice that Carlos is more into Alexia than she's into him, so that kind of throw your argument out.
6. For the REST of the people participating in this forum, do you think that Alexia have more of a mother-children relationship with Theodora and Phillipos or they behave like normal children.

Thank you all very much:D

crisiñaki said:
1. Why do you hate Alexia too much?
2. I didn't know that Surrey University and the University of Barcelona were inferior quality, funny thing isn't it?:rolleyes:
3. Do you know how hard is to try to relate to children with Down? They need a lot of study to be able to understand the special needs those kids have and the form of education that they require is very hard to learn.
4. With all due respect, if you consider yourself so intelligent and hate Alexia so much why don't you go somewhere else before the moderators take action?:cool:
5. If you check their pictures together carefully, you'll notice that Carlos is more into Alexia than she's into him, so that kind of throw your argument out.
6. For the REST of the people participating in this forum, do you think that Alexia have more of a mother-children relationship with Theodora and Phillipos or they behave like normal children.

Thank you all very much:D

I would go for the mother-child relationship for Alexia and all her four siblings! She looks like a mother figure more than anything else to my eyes

iannis said:
I would go for the mother-child relationship for Alexia and all her four siblings! She looks like a mother figure more than anything else to my eyes

Yeah, I can see her telling Nikolaos: "it's time for you to start a family young man" :D :D

crisiñaki said:
Yeah, I can see her telling Nikolaos: "it's time for you to start a family young man" :D :D

Well, isn't it?
Get a nice, classy and decent girl, unlike his brother, and make her Queen!
some day!:p

iannis said:
Well, isn't it?
Get a nice, classy and decent girl, unlike his brother, and make her Queen!
some day!:p

I don't know why:rolleyes: but I think someone *coughs*you*coughs* is in love with Nikolaos:D :D :D

crisiñaki said:

She is a exellent sister,a beauty,and as I see a fine character!Everybody loves Her,specialy Royal Prince Pavlos!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom