The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane

Sorry no, I just remember it because I thought it was a sweet picture. It's years back, probably when Alexia was in her 20s.

I'm not very good at finding pictures, I'm afraid. I did find this nice one, at Worldroots.com, of the late queen Ingrid kissing her eldest grandchild on her wedding day http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs5...den1910-57.jpg

Have you seen this profile of Alexia? I hadn't seen it before http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/index.cfm?get=family

Thanks for the picture and yeah, I've seen the profile, I took her education degrees from there

Old 03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Continue...

In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents! And the university degrees are of quite infereor quality. Mostly private courses. (Operetta-studies as it´s called in Germany, for students whose college grades are not too good...) In the Down-Syndrome-institution her Aunt Queen Sofia got her that job. Nothing against people who work with handicapped persons, I´m sure it´s a job where you need a lot of patience and empathy but it´s also a job typically done by female persons and in my opinion your mental capability isn´t THAT important (in contrast to f.i. doctors, teachers at colleges, nuclear-physicists a.s.o....) Well, let´s face it: She can´t do too wrong by working with those children.....
To be continued...

Old 03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents!
I thought Carlos was an architect and earned well. Considering the fact that the Greek royal family is nonreigning I don't think it would really matter to Konstantin wether she married an aristrocrat or not. I think she's happy with her position and not lacking for anything. Plus this year she has been blessed with a son!:)
Old 03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move.
I agree with you, Barcelona is the most expensive city in Spain and one of the most expensive in Europe.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In my opinion Carlos and Alexia simply moved to Lanzarote because of two reasons: 1. Carlos couldn´t afford the expensive penthouse any more since Alexia wanted some children. So they used Carlos sen.´s "sickness" as an excuse to move. I´m still wondering whether Constantine sinks money into them so Alexia can afford f.i. the clothing she needs for official events a.s.o. 2. The relation between Alexia and Cristina cooled off a lot after Alexia decided to marry Carlos. To all the HOLA-readers here: Have you heard of a serious relationship between Alexia and another man published in HOLA-magazine before 1996?(this is the year when I started to buy HOLA regularly). I´m sure Constantine tried hard to marry her to a noble/rich man but it simply didn´t work. And one word to her education: One of the schools she attended was found by her own parents! And the university degrees are of quite infereor quality. Mostly private courses. (Operetta-studies as it´s called in Germany, for students whose college grades are not too good...) In the Down-Syndrome-institution her Aunt Queen Sofia got her that job. Nothing against people who work with handicapped persons, I´m sure it´s a job where you need a lot of patience and empathy but it´s also a job typically done by female persons and in my opinion your mental capability isn´t THAT important (in contrast to f.i. doctors, teachers at colleges, nuclear-physicists a.s.o....) Well, let´s face it: She can´t do too wrong by working with those children.....
To be continued...
1. Why do you hate Alexia too much?
2. I didn't know that Surrey University and the University of Barcelona were inferior quality, funny thing isn't it?
3. Do you know how hard is to try to relate to children with Down? They need a lot of study to be able to understand the special needs those kids have and the form of education that they require is very hard to learn.
4. With all due respect, if you consider yourself so intelligent and hate Alexia so much why don't you go somewhere else before the moderators take action?
5. If you check their pictures together carefully, you'll notice that Carlos is more into Alexia than she's into him, so that kind of throw your argument out.
6. For the REST of the people participating in this forum, do you think that Alexia have more of a mother-children relationship with Theodora and Phillipos or they behave like normal children.

Thank you all very much
Old 03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
1. Why do you hate Alexia too much?
2. I didn't know that Surrey University and the University of Barcelona were inferior quality, funny thing isn't it?
3. Do you know how hard is to try to relate to children with Down? They need a lot of study to be able to understand the special needs those kids have and the form of education that they require is very hard to learn.
4. With all due respect, if you consider yourself so intelligent and hate Alexia so much why don't you go somewhere else before the moderators take action?
5. If you check their pictures together carefully, you'll notice that Carlos is more into Alexia than she's into him, so that kind of throw your argument out.
6. For the REST of the people participating in this forum, do you think that Alexia have more of a mother-children relationship with Theodora and Phillipos or they behave like normal children.

Thank you all very much
I would go for the mother-child relationship for Alexia and all her four siblings! She looks like a mother figure more than anything else to my eyes
Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
I would go for the mother-child relationship for Alexia and all her four siblings! She looks like a mother figure more than anything else to my eyes
Yeah, I can see her telling Nikolaos: "it's time for you to start a family young man"
Old 03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yeah, I can see her telling Nikolaos: "it's time for you to start a family young man"
Well, isn't it?
Get a nice, classy and decent girl, unlike his brother, and make her Queen!
some day!:p
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
Well, isn't it?
Get a nice, classy and decent girl, unlike his brother, and make her Queen!
some day!:p
I don't know why but I think someone *coughs*you*coughs* is in love with Nikolaos
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:

She is a exellent sister,a beauty,and as I see a fine character!Everybody loves Her,specialy Royal Prince Pavlos!!:)
Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
She is a exellent sister,a beauty,and as I see a fine character!Everybody loves Her,specialy Royal Prince Pavlos!!:)
Yeah, I heard that he absolutely worships her
Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:

I've never met her,but as i've heard She is a blessed person!!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In the Down-Syndrome-institution her Aunt Queen Sofia got her that job.
This is life -- it's not what you know, but who you know. So even if Sofia helped Alexia get her job at the school, it was all Alexia's doing that she has been able to keep the job. If Alexia did not do her job well or at all, no matter whose relation she was, she would not continue to be employed.

Do you think that when Mary first moved to Denmark she got that job at Microsoft based on her own merits? Do you think that Nikolaos got his job at Fox News because of his keen journalistic acumen? No -- both got their jobs by social or family connections, but they kept those jobs based on their own skills and merits. The same happened with Alexia.

Quote:
Nothing against people who work with handicapped persons, I´m sure it´s a job where you need a lot of patience and empathy but it´s also a job typically done by female persons and in my opinion your mental capability isn´t THAT important (in contrast to f.i. doctors, teachers at colleges, nuclear-physicists a.s.o....)
This is a really uninformed post. To work with children who have learning disabilities and conditions such as Downs syndrome is much harder than to work with your "average" or "normal" children, who understand what you are saying if you explain it to them in an age-appropriate language and manner. Downs syndrome children do not understand in the same manner, and as such, it requires a different approach to get them to understand what you are asking of them or trying to teach them. To work with such children does not require "less" education as you say -- it requires more education.

And I speak from personal experience. In highschool, I spent a year teaching in the special needs classroom, where out of 12 students, 10 of them had Down syndrome. I have also taught grade one and grade two students who are "normal." Teaching 16/17 year old kids with Down syndrome was much harder than teaching 6/7 year olds of normal intelligence and learning capabilities.

Quote:
Well, let´s face it: She can´t do too wrong by working with those children.....
What a way to discredit these children. They are slow in their learning capabilities but they aren't dumb. And like all people, they can greatly benefit from someone giving them some extra attention and guidance.

And she could do them wrong or do worst by them. She can have an ignorant attitude about what their needs are or discount them as human beings and discount their ability to grow and learn.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad you agree with us Alexandria

Now everyone, it's time to move on and stop focusing on Alexia's degrees and let's back to topic, PLEASE stop talking about different topics, this thread is just for discussing Alexia's relationship with her parents in an adult, no-flame, no-hate kind of way, please ignore those who want to bring unrelated subjects here.

Thanks a lot and now, any family pics that have Alexia and her behavior with Phillipos and Theodora?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Second continue

The relationship between Alexia and Marie-Chantal - simply doesn´t exist. Marie-Chantal is so proud to be married to a prince and she smiles at Alexia not to have managed to get a rich/noble husband. In contrast to Marie-Chantal Alexia is very down to earth whereas Marie-Chantal behaves like a really princess/rich society-lady by wearing designer clothing, take care of her weight all the time and visiting designer shows being photographed with Valentino a.s.o. The house where she lives with her family seems to be luxurious and Pavlos is dressed like a business-man all the time even if he just goes shopping with his wife. Im my opinion Marie-Chantal thinks about Alexia as the plump sister-in-law to who she sometimes lets some children-clothing which are left-overs (like those the girls wore at little Carlos first presentation - looked like self-made paperbags with some coloured dots, or those red ones they wore at little Carlos´ christening - simply inappropriate in my opinion for a christening but better for christmas) from her childrens-clothing-shop.
The relationship between Alexia and Phillipos and Theodora: Of course she´s almost like a mother to them. After ending school she stayed home to help her mother bring up the two-ones. So she must have been firm in looking after babies when Arrietta was born. Funny that you never see f.i. Theodora visiting her sister and do some baby-sitting. (I know, both Th. and Ph. study in the United States but there are holidays and Lanzarote is a really attractive place to do some vacation.) But as some of the posters always say: Not all private visits (the same with her parents-in-law, specially her father-in-law- the reason why they are said to have been moved to Lanzarote.....) or events are noticed/photographed by the press...Haven´t seen her father-in-law since the wedding in 1999! Next time he appeared was Carlos´christening in 2005....(and I´m very sure he´s simply NO say f.i. with Constantine...)
To be continued....
Old 03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
They say that that's why he named his first son after her
The name Alexios did not exist in the greek royal family; it is not the same with Alexandros
Old 03-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanie
but it´s also a job typically done by female persons
What exactly are you implying?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Poor Alexia

Quote:
The relationship between Alexia and Marie-Chantal - simply doesn´t exist. Marie-Chantal is so proud to be married to a prince and she smiles at Alexia not to have managed to get a rich/noble husband. In contrast to Marie-Chantal Alexia is very down to earth whereas Marie-Chantal behaves like a really princess/rich society-lady by wearing designer clothing, take care of her weight all the time and visiting designer shows being photographed with Valentino a.s.o. The house where she lives with her family seems to be luxurious and Pavlos is dressed like a business-man all the time even if he just goes shopping with his wife. Im my opinion Marie-Chantal thinks about Alexia as the plump sister-in-law to who she sometimes lets some children-clothing which are left-overs (like those the girls wore at little Carlos first presentation - looked like self-made paperbags with some coloured dots, or those red ones they wore at little Carlos´ christening - simply inappropriate in my opinion for a christening but better for christmas) from her childrens-clothing-shop.
The relationship between Alexia and Phillipos and Theodora: Of course she´s almost like a mother to them. After ending school she stayed home to help her mother bring up the two-ones. So she must have been firm in looking after babies when Arrietta was born. Funny that you never see f.i. Theodora visiting her sister and do some baby-sitting. (I know, both Th. and Ph. study in the United States but there are holidays and Lanzarote is a really attractive place to do some vacation.) But as some of the posters always say: Not all private visits (the same with her parents-in-law, specially her father-in-law- the reason why they are said to have been moved to Lanzarote.....) or events are noticed/photographed by the press...Haven´t seen her father-in-law since the wedding in 1999! Next time he appeared was Carlos´christening in 2005....(and I´m very sure he´s simply NO say f.i. with Constantine...)
To be continued....
Poor Alexia, dumb, fat, poor, married with a man who despises her... God! Isnt' too much?!?
For me she a normal woman married to a normal man and very happy with her current status!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

I adore princess Alexia, but sometimes I feel pity for her.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
I adore princess Alexia, but sometimes I feel pity for her.
Pitty?
Why should you feel pitty for her?