The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Can someone put the link here for me to read?

I think it's just a rumor. When it's official the Casa Real will announce. I also enjoyed seeing a royal wedding in the Greek Royal Family soon. It would be an opportunity to see some real families together like the Spanish and the Danish.

But I believe that in a few years both Theodora and Philippos should want to marry. At this point they may be more focused on their careers, like other young people their age.
This is the link where I saw it: Theodora Glyxburg The daughter of King Constantine is getting married!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds as if there is no basis at all: "rumors began last summer". "she is preparing to get married" (implication: at some unknown date in the future)

Old 07-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nina Flohr, the new girlfriend of Prince Philippos!!!

https://www.hola.com/realeza/2018070...felipe-grecia/
Old 07-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
But I believe that in a few years both Theodora and Philippos should want to marry. At this point they may be more focused on their careers, like other young people their age.

Why in a few years? Theodora has just turned 35, for what should she wait? (..)

As for "focusing on the careers"; IMHO the people in their twenties do it, in the thirties they already start a family (if they want to have children); position in the job is usually stable then.
I stress: usually but Theodora and Philippos do not have to fight for survival like people from poor families.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Nina Flohr, the new girlfriend of Prince Philippos!!!

https://www.hola.com/realeza/2018070...felipe-grecia/
(..)
What else do we know of this girl? Where is she from? What does she do?
Old 07-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The article she's the heiress of VistaJest; an airline used by the rich and famous. They run in the same circle of friends but only fell for each other recently.

She is an actress with her own has a Youtube page:

Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

A german? Well, she can be very happy - and he could have any girl more, let´ s say, likable...
Old 07-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Nina Maria Föhr, actress, is not Nina Flohr, I think they are different women, I think, ... I read that Nina lives in London, and that she is building luxury hotels in Mozambique, hotels that respect the ambient. She travels a lot to California because she practices Surf. It is obvious that their relationship is very recent.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

At a book published last year in Greece, by a historian of the royal family, Kostas M.Stamatopoulos, it is claimed that the parents of the royal children (and especially the queen) were, for uncofessed reasons, always very mindful of their children NOT marrying or getting romantically involved with native Greeks. It is said in the book that at least two children of Constantine had at some point affairs with Greek nationals (doesn't name which ones though), and the family saw to it that these relationships were terminated.

Whatever the case, it seems that Filippos is continuing the -sad- tradition of the royal house's recent generations in establishing personal and intimate connections and relationships that pull them further apart from Greek reality.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Nobility

First, Stamatopoulos has no right to judge as the King and Queen have raised their children, it is ridiculous and cruel. The sons and daughters of King Constantine were brought up in the Hellenic school, their best friends are Greeks ( I spoke of alexia, Pavlos , Nikolaos. The best friends of Princess alexia are the Nomikos family for example...)

Second, the children of Constantine and Anne- Marie, specifically Alexia and Nikolaos had greek partner. The boyfriend of Princess alexia was very close to the Greek royal family, and he is still a friend of the family.

I doubt very much that King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie opposed that relationship, because he was integrated into the family as Theodora's boyfriend is today. Alexia with her boyfriend accompanied the king to events .....
I do not know why reason broke Alexia's relationship with her boyfriend, it would be ridiculous .... they were very young.But I can guarantee that King Constantine and Queen Ana Maria had nothing to do with those separations , he spent his holidays in the snow with the royal family, he was very integrated. Constantine and Anna Maria love him very much .

But I can to say that:
The law of 1994, which removed the nationality, passport, and property to the Greek royal family unjustly and to satisfy political ideals of the left, did much damage. No Greek would want to lose his nationality,...( The Glücksburg, remember, the Greek politicians created it as an insult and they generalized it all over the country, they were not the kings of the Hellenes, they were Germans .... the American pastor Papandreou said it, and the flock followed him.. and now??? .

Prince Philippos and Princess Theodora are the other Royal family, they were born in London and have a British passport from birth. They studied at the Hellenic school.

She is an actress and lives in California, he is a market consultant and works on Wall Street, with his brother Pavlos.
They are handsome, they work and I think their life is far from Greece.

Theodora has a Californian lawyer boyfriend, he has been spending his holidays in Greece with the King and queen . He has Indian features, I would say that he has origins in this country (this is wonderful ...), is my opinion.
Philippos now has a new girlfriend, Nina, who lives in London and he in New York although I have read in the press that it is possible that he has changed his residence to London, this could be true.

I do not see anything wrong with them, I am looking forward to attending a royal wedding, AND I WISH THAT THEY ARE IN GREECE. . Because I'm going to that wedding, to see them marry. I regret not having gone to Prince Nikolaos, this time I will go.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Completely agree with you. From what you say about Alexia's boyfriend, I think I know who he is. The Kings were at his wedding.
I also think that Theodora's boyfriend is from India. Nina was at the birthday of Prince Achileas, along with Philippos.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

The main thing that most Greeks will tell you, in regard with their royal house, is that its members are not 'sufficiently Greek'. I'm not saying this is the case; I am saying that is what most people think of them. And I think that they should have taken more strenuous and systematic effort to disprove that and show their relation to their country and culture more emphatically.
Beware: relation to one's homeland is not only the emotion -no one doubts they love Greece. Relation though means being 'one of them' -just like William and Harry are every bit English boys of their generation. And being perceived this way.

Now I understand that exile wasn't helpful to that; but I know diaspora Greeks who have created and raised their families abroad, lived abroad all of their adult lives, and their children are in their daily life and mentality more Greek than me! (and I live in Greece). I don't think that's the case with Constantine's children, unfortunately though. And I don't think that the marriages that all of them so far have chosen to get into helped this cause at all.

As for Filippos: Everytime that an offspring of the Greek royal house comes of age and begins his/her public life and engagements, everybody who is sympathetic to them, tries to see in them the features that one couldn't find in the previous siblings in line.
From that point of view -and that point of view alone-, Pavlos was a huge dissapointment with the family he created, permanently cutting his prospects to ever get successfully involved in Greek reality. Nikolaos, on whom many people laid their hopes, married a model-esque girl and is leading the life of a B-rate European showbiz celebrity -with his wife being taken pictures alongside the most grotesque nouveau riche Greek celebrities and Gstaad. They both live in Athens -a city that, despite the crisis and recession, is booming in cultural events, quests and pursuits-, and have shown zero social or intellectual curiosity for any of that.
It's only natural, thus, that sympathasizers would turn on Filippos -who seems a decent man, has good looks and seems serious. Should he follow the line of his brothers, it will be just another let down -all together, guaranteeing that, after Constantine, the family's living ties to Greece will go to formality, and soon to oblivion (at least for the Greek people).

As for the work of Mr.Stamatopoulos, one should read what he says in order to make a judgement about it.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Theodora with her boyfriend and friends enjoy their holidays in Ibiza, Madrid and Barcelona!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm4JaOqh...ken-by=tgreece
Old 08-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Theodora continue to enjoy her holidays!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm8YkWLB...ken-by=tgreece
Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
The main thing that most Greeks will tell you, in regard with their royal house, is that its members are not 'sufficiently Greek'. I'm not saying this is the case; I am saying that is what most people think of them. And I think that they should have taken more strenuous and systematic effort to disprove that and show their relation to their country and culture more emphatically.
Beware: relation to one's homeland is not only the emotion -no one doubts they love Greece. Relation though means being 'one of them' -just like William and Harry are every bit English boys of their generation. And being perceived this way.

Now I understand that exile wasn't helpful to that; but I know diaspora Greeks who have created and raised their families abroad, lived abroad all of their adult lives, and their children are in their daily life and mentality more Greek than me! (and I live in Greece). I don't think that's the case with Constantine's children, unfortunately though. And I don't think that the marriages that all of them so far have chosen to get into helped this cause at all.

As for Filippos: Everytime that an offspring of the Greek royal house comes of age and begins his/her public life and engagements, everybody who is sympathetic to them, tries to see in them the features that one couldn't find in the previous siblings in line.
From that point of view -and that point of view alone-, Pavlos was a huge dissapointment with the family he created, permanently cutting his prospects to ever get successfully involved in Greek reality. Nikolaos, on whom many people laid their hopes, married a model-esque girl and is leading the life of a B-rate European showbiz celebrity -with his wife being taken pictures alongside the most grotesque nouveau riche Greek celebrities and Gstaad. They both live in Athens -a city that, despite the crisis and recession, is booming in cultural events, quests and pursuits-, and have shown zero social or intellectual curiosity for any of that.
It's only natural, thus, that sympathasizers would turn on Filippos -who seems a decent man, has good looks and seems serious. Should he follow the line of his brothers, it will be just another let down -all together, guaranteeing that, after Constantine, the family's living ties to Greece will go to formality, and soon to oblivion (at least for the Greek people).

As for the work of Mr.Stamatopoulos, one should read what he says in order to make a judgement about it.
Interesting perspective on Nikolaos and Tatiana. My take so far was that they are more interested in nature and their Greek interests focus on food, the beauty of the Greek landscape and social projects both in Greece and abroad but apparently you'd expect them to participate in the cultural life (musea? High society events?) instead.

Given that Nikolaos and Tatiana married in Greece, have lived in Greece for several years and are the most consistent support for Konstantinos and Anne-Marie, it doesn't make sense to me for people to put their hopes in Phillippos who hasn't done any of that nor shown his interest in Greece in other tangible ways. Nnonetheless, it seems Phillippos is indeed a decent man and who knows where and how he will settle down at some point. His previous girlfriend seemed very friendly. His current girlfriend at least fits the descrption of being part of the rich and (not so) famous.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippos with Nina spent some days of their holidays in the yacht Talitha of the Getty family!

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...-grecia1-z.jpg

https://www.hola.com/realeza/2018091...ia-nina-flohr/
Old 09-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Found this article from 3 years ago about Nina Flohr's lifestyle,
Old 09-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippos with Nina on the boat!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnmZe32H...n-by=ninaflohr
Old 09-21-2018, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippos with Nina arrived only for a few hours in Saint Moritz where Nina's father Thomas lives and went for a bite to eat and a stroll around with the family dogs on 18 September

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/387727434
Old 09-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think it's too soon to talk about a wedding. but I have read that Prince Philippos has left New York and he has settled in London. His residence , now is in London.