Princess Theodora & Prince Philippos current events part 1: July 2006 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but Prince Nikolaos was married with 40 years old, and Princess Alexia with 34 years old. I think it is still early for them to marry. I think that Prince Philippos has not girlfriend because in the wedding of Prince Nikolaos, he was only and he went to the wedding of Victoria of Sweden accompanied by his cousin Princess Elena of Spain.

To be fair, the article is sensationalizing the story a bit because she is a princess and its not that big a shock. She was under the legal limit and 0.7 I reckon for her weight and height was just two to maybe three drinks. Plenty of people drive after one to two drinks, I'm not condoning it, but it happens often.

:previous: I agree, no one would have really blinked an eyelid if she wasn't royalty

Do not just read the news in a Spanish forum, and a person to put the link of the news, Princess Theodora has not been convicted of excess alcohol, have been fined for speeding. The police had not filed any charge for excess alcohol as it was said by the newspaper, it was for speeding, she was traveling at 100 kilometers per hour.

HRH Princess Theodora of Greece Makes a Court Appearance in Monterey, CA | The Royal Correspondent

In Spain,the limit is 50 miles per hour in populated areas, and the maximum on motorways 120

Last edited:
The first do not like, it is very dirty, the second seems to me correct, she was driving too fast, and she has received sanction. the first article is sensationalizing , I don´t like it is very dirty

Its good to know that the first article was false!!Of course speeding is not good either but if it was mixed with alcohol it would be worst!

The DUI charge wasn't false, the charge was dropped by the Prosecutor. To cite Theodora for DUI was up to the police officer's discretion, but the the charge may have been dropped due to lack of evidence to prosecute or there may have been a plea deal made.

I do not like the first newspaper,because it deals with the princess Theodora as a criminal and hides the detail of the speed to make it appear that she is bad person.
Katrianna,the cause will have been closed by the blood alcohol level is within the law, it is legal, this is not a crime. This has not been archived for lack of evidence. The first report is clear, the blood alcohol level of 0.08 according to law, says it had 0.07, it was within the law.
The second report said that she has been imposed a fine for driving 100 kilometers per hour, this is not legal.

This is not for lack of evidence, it is because being inside or outside the law, 0.07 is legal and driving at 100 miles per hour in an area with a lower speed limit is not legal

Last edited:
okey BEltranega,it is a penalty for driving over the speed limit. The first newspaper hidden the detail of the speed , I agree with you and it suggests that this has been for another reason, this is. In Europe there is a principle called presumption of innocence.I agree with you

Last edited:
I do not like the first newspaper,because it deals with the princess Theodora as a criminal and hides the detail of the speed to make it appear that she is bad person.
Katrianna,the cause will have been closed by the blood alcohol level is within the law, it is legal, this is not a crime. This has not been archived for lack of evidence. The first report is clear, the blood alcohol level of 0.08 according to law, says it had 0.07, it was within the law.
The second report said that she has been imposed a fine for driving 100 kilometers per hour, this is not legal.

This is not for lack of evidence, it is because being inside or outside the law, 0.07 is legal and driving at 100 miles per hour in an area with a lower speed limit is not legal

Actually it is possible to charge a person with DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) if they are anywhere from .04-.07 it is up to the officers discretion, the thing here is it was likely dropped in favor of the speeding ticket after a plea deal was made, as there is no where in the US where 100 mph is an okay speed to be traveling at in public.

This is possible but this is not the case, I read that only fine for speeding. The speed of 100 km is not accepted, it will depend on the limit of each road section has established. presumption of innocence

Last edited:
Actually it is possible to charge a person with DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) if they are anywhere from .04-.07 it is up to the officers discretion, the thing here is it was likely dropped in favor of the speeding ticket after a plea deal was made, as there is no where in the US where 100 mph is an okay speed to be traveling at in public.

Yes. She was legally charged with a DUI (actually a step under a DWI) for having an alcohol level of .07. While that's not strictly illegal, California law allows the police to arrest and charge you at .07 if the officer concerned feels that he should. Such charges can disappear, as they did here, for lots of reasons - there's a plea deal with another charge like the speeding ticket, it's legally messy when you're in that gray area of under the limit but arrested anyway, the judge concerned is a lenient one, or sometimes the wealthy can make this sort of stuff go away. The charge could have been dropped for any number of reasons, but the fact of the matter is that she had an alcohol level of .07 and was arrested for it.

Her speed was 100 MILES, not kilometers. 100 kilometers, or about 60 miles, is approximately the speed limit on most U.S. highways - the highest anywhere is 65-70 miles on some highways in some rural areas. 100 miles = 161 km, and this is very, very illegal and very, very dangerous on any road in America.

Last edited:
I don't really understand how people are saying that it is OK and that this story is sensationalized.

Her blood alcohol level was .07, which, I'm sorry, is drunk.

She was driving at 100 miles/hr=161 kilometers/hr and tailgating people. This is reckless.

Tens of thousands of people die every year because of behavior like this and she could have seriously harmed herself or others.

Theodora was charged with speeding and tail gating which is dangerous in itself, the DUI was dropped because she was .07 which is just under the limit. The judge dropped the DUI probably because it COULD have been contested and difficult to prove as it was the officer's discretion so the judge went with excess speed and tail gating. The first article is just the reporter's story and probably his words so forget the first article, the Princess is being described by a journalist. I can't see a trooper using the word "haughty", they usually use "uncooporative". Theodora may have been uncooporative with the trooper hence the DUI charge. It happens. She was driving too fast and too close to other vehicles and even if she was borderline, she shouldn't have driven impaired. Yes, the US is different from Europe.

No, you say about lack evidence, it can not be, because for it would be, it should have happened otherwise. This is ,filing charges by driving under the influence of alcohol, the police should have practiced various other tests, such as analytical, if they had doubts about that it could affect her driving , but her blood level was 0.07, it is intoof the legal limit, they should have practiced other evidence to file charges.They could not lodge charges by this motive, as you and first newspaper say.

Last edited:
People like her, make me really, really angry. Who cares, that there could be victims? :bang:
And what makes more angry is, that she doesn´t get the punishment she deserves. An ordinary guy or girl couldn´t escape from that.

Why are you defending her behave? That´s sad. :ermm:
I don´t like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I don´t care if she is "Royal". That´s not right!

But hey, I´m not St. Theodora...

Call me snob and harsh but i find all this story, well, rather cheap. I can't imagine a princess with such an impressive backround (grandaughter daughter, niece of some of the most important monarchs in Europe) playing the actress in L.A (with the surname Theodora Greece :eek:) and apparently having some well known troubles with the justice ...
I don't know if she has some talent but i can imagine a career similar to her infamous yougoslavian royal cousin Catherine Oxenberg with some minor roles and a reality show at the end...:ermm:
I wonder how Queen Frederica would have felt about that....

Why are you defending her behave? That´s sad. :ermm:
I don´t like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I don´t care if she is "Royal". That´s not right!

But hey, I´m not St. Theodora...

I completely agree with you, Preity. I'm sorry, but her driving was reckless. That particular road that she was on is very familiar to me. It is dangerous even in the most clear conditions. It is narrow, winding and it goes up and down very steep hills. She should not have been driving at that speed (I've never seen anybody drive that road at that speed-ever), and she should not have been behind the wheel after drinking. Period. She's lucky that she didn't blow a .08 because she would have been in some very serious trouble. Even with a .07 and at that speed, she could have killed herself or someone else. I have known people who have been killed by drunk drivers and it breaks my heart to see people defending her action. Yes, she seems like a nice person, but she made a mistake. She is very lucky that nobody was hurt. I sincerely hope that she has learned from this mistake and never, ever repeats it.:sad:

What if someone else had come along at 100 mph with a .07 blood alcohol level and hit Theodora? I don't think the reaction from everyone here would be the same. People would probably be very upset and would most likely ask, "why was that driver so reckless?".

People like her, make me really, really angry.

People like her? Excuse me?

Her blood alcohol level was within the limit, her speed was the problem. People speed all the time, but it's Theodora who is getting the ridiculous press.

Her blood alcohol level was within the limit, her speed was the problem. People speed all the time, but it's Theodora who is getting the ridiculous press.

People do not speed at that rate all the time (at least not on roads like that). :ermm: The incident is a matter of public record. I agree with you that the first journalist shouldn't have called her the "haughty princess", but even if this was you or me, this incident would have been reported in the local newspaper.
The officer was within the scope of the law to suspect her of a DUI with a .07 BAC (but the charges would not have stuck as we have seen in her case):

Can I Get a DUI at 0.07 BAC? | DrunkDrivingLawyers.com

Even if she wasn't "officially" drunk by the amount prescribed by law....her driving was and could have been impaired by the amount of liquor that she did consume. Stricly put because she was slightly drunk she would have been slower to react when speeding. Especially if she is driving at high speeds (100 mph?!) on a curvy road.

As previously stated, Theodora was very lucky that she didn't hurt herself or anyone else. And there are plenty of people in the US who get press like that when they are driving under the influence and hurt someone. It just takes one time to ruin two lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom