The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Teodora in Beverly Hills, California. Is Teodora working o living in California?
Her eyes are beautiful

Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Goodness!

What do we have to do to get an introduction (if there already hasn't been) one of Theodora and Harry and/or William.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Goodness!

What do we have to do to get an introduction (if there already hasn't been) one of Theodora and Harry and/or William.
Afaik the Greek Royals live in London, Prince Charles is the godfather of Prince Pavlos and the families are very well aquainted with each other. I am sure that they already know each other.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Theodora looks beautiful in the photos. Is she still acting? Is that the reason for her attendance at this awards event?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Yes, I know Charles is the godfather to Pavolos and Constatine to William and then William to Oydessy (?)...what I am speaking of is my personal hope of Princess Theodora marrying into the BRF!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles is the godfather of Maria Olimpia and Prince William is godfather of Constantine (junior..)

Teodora is the perfect candidate for any monarchy of Europe, that it need a future Queen ...
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Nobility

Theodara would be the perfect Princess for a Prince especiall William and Harry. But those concerned about inbreeding might not be so keen. William and Harry are descended from Queen Victoria twice and from King Christian ix of Denmark twice. Theodara is descended from the two monarchs three times each. Maybe too many lines of descent in common.
Queen Victoria-Princess Victoria-Princess Sophie-King Paul I - King Constantine Ii - Princess Theodara.
QV-Princess Victoria-Emperor Wilhelm II - Princess Victoria - Princess Friedrika-King Constantine II - Princess Theodara.
QV-Prince Leopold-Duke Karl eduard-Princess Sybille-Princess Ingrid-Princess Anne-Marie - Princess Theodara.

King CHRISTIAN - King George I - King Paul I - King Constantin II - Princess Theodara
KC-Princess Thyra - Duke Ernst August - Princess Friedrika- King Constantine II - Princess Theodara
KC - King Frederick VIII - King Christian X - King Friedrick IX - Princess Anne-Marie - Princess Theodara
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

You're right, they have many common ancestors, but there are other candidates among the monarchies, for example, Carl Philip of Sweden, but I think he is a little small in stature for Teodora ... they also share great-grandparents, a very strong family ties...

Other candidate could be the most old son Astrid of Belgium, I believe he is called Amadeo ??? ... the grandson of the King of Belgium, he is a good candidate....
Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

I am still hoping for a match between Theodora and Georg Freidrich!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Nobility

I think Theodora could a very suitable spouse to Heridary Grand Duke Guiliaume
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
Theodara would be the perfect Princess for a Prince especiall William and Harry. But those concerned about inbreeding might not be so keen. William and Harry are descended from Queen Victoria twice and from King Christian ix of Denmark twice. Theodara is descended from the two monarchs three times each. Maybe too many lines of descent in common.
Queen Victoria-Princess Victoria-Princess Sophie-King Paul I - King Constantine Ii - Princess Theodara.
QV-Princess Victoria-Emperor Wilhelm II - Princess Victoria - Princess Friedrika-King Constantine II - Princess Theodara.
QV-Prince Leopold-Duke Karl eduard-Princess Sybille-Princess Ingrid-Princess Anne-Marie - Princess Theodara.

King CHRISTIAN - King George I - King Paul I - King Constantin II - Princess Theodara
KC-Princess Thyra - Duke Ernst August - Princess Friedrika- King Constantine II - Princess Theodara
KC - King Frederick VIII - King Christian X - King Friedrick IX - Princess Anne-Marie - Princess Theodara
Queen Ingrid of Denmark, nče Princess of Sweden, and Princess Sibylla of Sweden, nče Princess of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, were not mother and daughter, but sisters-in-law: Ingrid's brother, Gustav Adolf, was the husband of Sibylla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek101 View Post
I am still hoping for a match between Theodora and Georg Freidrich!
I agree with you: and since Georg Friedrich wants his wife coming from a Royal Family...
Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I think Theodora could a very suitable spouse to Heridary Grand Duke Guiliaume
I agree with you!They make a perfect match,they have almost the same age and they are both good-looking.
I don't think Georg Friedrich is suitable for her...
Old 04-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Courtier

Poor Theodora ! We will spoil her pleasure.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Queen Ingrid of Denmark, nče Princess of Sweden, and Princess Sibylla of Sweden, nče Princess of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, were not mother and daughter, but sisters-in-law: Ingrid's brother, Gustav Adolf, was the husband of Sibylla.
You're right, how mortifing for me to get it wrong. The British/Swedish descent comes from Princess Ingrids mother, Princess Margaret, daughter of Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniaf4 View Post
I agree with you!They make a perfect match,they have almost the same age and they are both good-looking.
I don't think Georg Friedrich is suitable for her...
Can I ask why y don't think he is suitable for her?
From a geneaological point Princess Theodara has two Hohenzollern lines of descent from Emperor Friedrich III of Germany as well as the common QV descents so would pose the same problem as a wife for GF as she would be for Prince William.
Either the HGD of Luxembourg or Archduke Amaedo would be great matchs, they both have only the one descent from King Christian IX of Denmark and none from QV.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Courtier

1. Because of political reasons I doubt that the not yet married Greek royal children will ever marry a noble person, specially no future heir
2. Concerning Guillaume of Luxemburg I think he“s much too small for the tall Theodora
3. I think that her being so tall will be a problem anyway to find her a fitting love match
4. Don“t know how tall she is but in photos (see the latest of Beverly Hills) she looks very tall
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

We are developing a list of candidates, but I think we are all aware of how difficult that to happen, but dreaming is free
In my opinion:
I do not like Prince Harry for Teodora.. He is not in my list.
Prince William,in my list, he is the candidate ... It is obvious,by like age, I think he is taller than her .. they are third cousins, this is not a problem.

Prince of Luxembourg, Teodora would be a good candidate, but I agree with Stefanie ..

I believe that one source of candidates might be former home in Royal Yugoslavia .....
We can not forget that stature have been a problem for women in the Danish royal house ...
Princess Benedicte is taller than her husbands and her daughter, Princess Alexandra is taller than her husband ... I read in a magazine that ,when Queen Margaret was young, it was very difficult to find a candidate, by stature..
Old 04-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Nobility

I don't understand why height should be a problem. Why is it ok for a man to be taller than his wife but not the other way round. Extremely sexist indeed!
As for political reasons I don't agree with either. The Greek royal family are either irrelevant to the Greek nation or they are not. If they are irrelevant then the Greek govt. has no standing with who the Princess marries. The govt. can;t have it both ways.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to move on!
Please remember: This is a thread about Princess Theodora's and Prince Philippos'
current events and not a place to discuss possible relationships. I think we all agree
that love - and not the family tree - will destine any possible partners. So please let's
get back to the main topic.

Thanks for your understanding,
Iceflower
Greek Forum Moderator
Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Gentry

More Photos of theodora greece

Theodora Greece portfolio

Photo from Getty Images - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Theodora is so pretty!