The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

Poor Greece...you are still waiting....:-(

Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Nobility

So you can say goodbye to her because between her expectations of future is not Greece ...She doesn´t speak of her future in Greece and in Europe.... She seems to have it clear.

For more information her passport is English. She was born in London.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
I will not transcribe the interview to the magazine hola! , because I personally am not good Translations, but she talks a lot of the interpretation and one of the things she says is
"I want to take me seriously as an actress. I take it very seriously".

and she adds that she has studied hard to become an actress, it's time to be an actress

I live right on the border with West Hollywood, and there are acting studios and classes on every corner....and while Theodora is a lovely young woman she is about 20 pounds heavier than the average would be starlet just trying to make it....and at least 5-10 years older.

I happen to think she is lovely as she is, but if she believes she is not in for a rude awakening out here in HollyWEIRD the poor dear is in for it.

Most of these dim bulbs have not heard of Greece's deposed Royal family and they will not be impressed, beyond maybe wanting to exploit her for some shady purpose.

With all the resources and connections at her feet, I can't help but wonder why she would want to put herself through it.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

In the interview:
She says:

She started to like the interpretation when She was eleven years old, at school, but it was after when she started to take it seriously. She chose subjects related to the interpretation, she abandoned others subjects but those related to the interpretation never abandoned.

She decided to move to Los Angeles, where she spent some time with her brother Paul and Marie Chantal, she worked in two weeks more than in six months working in London. Los Angeles had many producers,.

She stayed in Los Angeles for work. In Los Angeles she is anonymous person . She wants to work as an actress, she did not talks about be a star Holliwood, she is working in Los Angeles. She does not talk about be a star.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Nobility

In Los Angeles not only record films to the cinema, they make TV series and movies for television, I think the movie that Theodora is recorded for television, not cinema. I'm glad that she's working hard. On the other hand, I'd like to know about Prince Fhilippos, I've read that lives in New York but WHAT IS HIS JOB??
Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Nobility

He worked at the United Nations in New York.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Now he works at a hedge-fund company, These are companies are engaged in investment funds, investment management ....... In conclusion Wall Street...
Old 05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Nobility

That is very good !! he must be very smart to work on it. He had to be a good student.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983
sincerely, she is beautiful! very beautiful!! but I don´t like her profession, I would like that she would has other profession more adapted to a Princess

As I am not royal(ty), I did not realize the existence of information in a database that lists 'profession(s) more adapted to a princess.' It would be very nice of you to inform others of some the professions listed in the database. Also, technically Theodora, and the rest of her immediate family, are no longer 'royal.' Legally, she does not have the right to use 'HRH' or 'Princess.' So it would only make sense to let this women to do with her life whatever she wants to do with it. Her main goal in life should be make herself happy, and not do those things that make other people happy. Hopefully, the former princess has enough common sense to make decisions in her life that will work to her advantage. Theodora de Grecia is a grown woman capable of making those decisions that will affect her throughout her life! I know that you meant well, but let Ms Grecia live her own life.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Nobility

The Princess Theodora is Princess of denmark, all the members of the royal family of Greece are Princes of Denmark, because from the first King of the dinasty, the King George was Prince Danish, by it , they have this title. The Duke of Edimburgh was Prince of Greece and Denmark because his father was Prince of Greece.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
The Princess Theodora is Princess of denmark, all the members of the royal family of Greece are Princes of Denmark, because from the first King of the dinasty, the King George was Prince Danish, by it , they have this title. The Duke of Edimburgh was Prince of Greece and Denmark because his father was Prince of Greece.
Stef,
I realize what you are stating in you post is the reality of Theodora's royal entitlement. I do not know at what point all the GRF also became prince/ss of Denmark also. Do you know the reasoning about this implementation of 'Prince/ss of Greece and Denmark.' Also, if the GRF are in reality considered prince/ss of Denmark, why did HM Queen Margarethe's father issue a statement before Anne-Marie's and Constatine's marriage that their children would not be considered part of the DRF. In other words, if the GRF would have remained 'in power,' their loyalties would have remained to Greece. Do you believe the GRF's main loyalties are with Greece or Denmark? Even if they are members of the DRF, they still are not the GRF anymore because the monarchy was abolished by Greek law many years ago, and this was my point to my original post.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

One thing is the title of nobility, and quite another is the power of title. this is for all monarchies The Greek Royal Family - Frequently Asked Questions
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Stef,
I realize what you are stating in you post is the reality of Theodora's royal entitlement. I do not know at what point all the GRF also became prince/ss of Denmark also. Do you know the reasoning about this implementation of 'Prince/ss of Greece and Denmark.' Also, if the GRF are in reality considered prince/ss of Denmark, why did HM Queen Margarethe's father issue a statement before Anne-Marie's and Constatine's marriage that their children would not be considered part of the DRF. In other words, if the GRF would have remained 'in power,' their loyalties would have remained to Greece. Do you believe the GRF's main loyalties are with Greece or Denmark? Even if they are members of the DRF, they still are not the GRF anymore because the monarchy was abolished by Greek law many years ago, and this was my point to my original post.
They are not in line to the Danish throne
Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA
One thing is the title of nobility, and quite another is the power of title. this is for all monarchies The Greek Royal Family - Frequently Asked Questions
I will still refer you my original post on this matter. I understand many people enjoy thoughts of a modern Greece with the GRF included. With all stated, there is much more to this story than I am sure any of us realize. IMO, everything debated these days has only one major theme - who will profit the most. Yes, money does make the world go 'round' - and with a restored GRF, Constantine, Pavlos, et al., will only profit from it. Yes, the truth can sting severely!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

I am a realist, I believe in the state with monarchy in Greece, Romania, Serbia ..... I think it is a good form of state and I argue this is my way of thinking, I am realistic of the situation in Greece, but I'm free to believe in the monarchy.I have no power to restore the monarchy in Greece, but I have my dreams and my hopes and I like to think that this can be possible.I know my hopes and dreams are not priced, my dreams and my hopes are not worth money, can not be evaluated economically
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE="Sternchen"]

They are not in line to the Danish throne [/QUOTE

And according to Denmark's last king, Anne-Marie and Constantine's children would never hold the title 'HRH, Prince/ss of Denmark.' IMO, HM King Frederik was very wise to make that decision. He did not want A-M and C's offspring to constantly walk a tightrope, so he made a decision both beneficial to his grandchildren of this marriage, and beneficial to the Kingdom/Monarchy of Denmark and to the Danish people. If Greece and Denmark were on opposite sides in an international situation/incident, the loyalty of the GRF would not be with Denmark. The relevance of this thought-provoking situation was the probable reason HM made this decision about A-M and her children. This wise king of Denmark believed he was only averting a potential 'hornets nest' within his family, with the Danish people, and/or the people of Greece.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

The title of Prince of Denmark to carry members of the Greek royal family, is not as Prince Federik, is an honorific title, a title as Duke or Count ....... but it's true princes of Greece are Prince of Denmark. one example: the Duke of Edimburg was born Prince of Greece and Denmark, in web official this it:

The Current Royal Family > The Duke of Edinburgh > Background
Old 06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE="BELTRANEJA"]The title of Prince of Denmark to carry members of the Greek royal family, is not as Prince Federik, is an honorific title, a title as Duke or Count ....... but it's true princes of Greece are Prince of Denmark. one example: the Duke of Edimburg was born Prince of Greece and Denmark, in web official this it:

The Currentu Royal Family > The Duke of Edinburgh > Background[/QUOTE

I will not re-state the actualities that exists for the former GRF. Stated simply, a deposed royal family is no longer a 'royal' family.' Their former Greek royal titles do not exist anymore, according to Greek law. As I stated in previous posts, the 'de Grecia's are hoping for the impossible to occur in their favor. If indeed they are considered 'Prince/ss of Denmark,' and they are holding on to that fact to be considered as still 'royal,' speaks volumes on how this bunch cannot let go of their unrealistic dreams and expectations of the future. Actually, I can only feel sorry for this family - they do not want to admit to their status as - heaven forbid - 'commoners.' I am sure they find their commoner status insulting indeed. This my last statement and post on this particular subject simply because this thread is not progressing in a positive way. We have all stated our feelings and opinions, and obviously, we all see things differently. Let us let sleeping dogs lie..............,..............
Old 06-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolopoulus View Post
I am a realist, I believe in the state with monarchy in Greece, Romania, Serbia ..... I think it is a good form of state and I argue this is my way of thinking, I am realistic of the situation in Greece, but I'm free to believe in the monarchy.I have no power to restore the monarchy in Greece, but I have my dreams and my hopes and I like to think that this can be possible.I know my hopes and dreams are not priced, my dreams and my hopes are not worth money, can not be evaluated economically
King Juan Carlos was 40 years waiting to see if he would had lost their hopes had never been king.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know where Theodora lives in Los Angeles? Is she renting an apartment like many aspiring actors?