Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for answering my question.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preity View Post
Why are you defending her behave? Thatīs sad.
I donīt like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I donīt care if she is "Royal". Thatīs not right!

But hey, Iīm not St. Theodora...
Excuse me? I haven't defended her or her behaviour. I just question if anyone here on this board, without knowing all the facts, can judge what someone deserves.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think like you and Beltran, the judge has said it is a fine for speeding and only he knows the facts. No one can suggest other facts, they do not know the facts but they presuppose the facts, they invent the facts ......
Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
People speed all the time, and no matter how much you're over the limit. You may kill someone whether you're 1 mile an hour over or 50 miles over.
You're right a local newspaper, like you or I, so why isn't every other speeder being criticised like we are doing with Theodora?
Yes the officer was right to take her in, but she wasn't drink driving.

Could have impaired, not for definete. You could drive 100 mph on a straight road, having only ever drunk water you're entire life, and killed 4 or 5 people in a pile up. She didn't kill anyone, she was slightly drunk, it's put a dampener on her "sweet" image. Other than that what harm has this actually done?
Since its percentage below the legal limit, saying that she is impaired is a good guess. Also, I don't know how the speeding laws are where you are from? But in Maryland, driving 100 MPH in a zone is considered reckless driving. Doing, so while having a "buzz" is most certainly a dangerous thing.

And frankly, the suggestion that just because someone didn't get hurt or killed, so the whole thing should not be an issue is just leaving me slightly speechless. First of all, anyone in a position of power or a name that could/would/might be well known should be careful that such behavior is always going to attract attention. So Theodora doesn't get a pass. She is not new to the game. Finally, Theodora should be extremely THANKFUL that she didn't kill or maim anyone including herself.

And for the record, I would have the same thought if this was Theodora, Lindsay Lohan, Mr. Any Man from Anywhere, CA. I was watching E Television the other day, and they did a segment on the Prison Break actor who was drinking, speeding and doing drugs, who was convicted of vehicular manslaughter when the car he was driving flipped over and killed a passenger. I mean, really does someone have to die before we realize that Drinking and Driving is bad.

I would imagine that Theodora has (or one hopes) learned a valuable lesson.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preity View Post
Why are you defending her behave? Thatīs sad.
I donīt like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I donīt care if she is "Royal". Thatīs not right!

But hey, Iīm not St. Theodora...
I don't think anyone is defending Theodora's behavior. Theodora never should have been driving at the speeds she was driving at, and she has been convicted of the speeding crime and is in turn going to have to pay the consequences of those actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica79 View Post
I don't really understand how people are saying that it is OK and that this story is sensationalized.

Her blood alcohol level was .07, which, I'm sorry, is drunk.

She was driving at 100 miles/hr=161 kilometers/hr and tailgating people. This is reckless.

Tens of thousands of people die every year because of behavior like this and she could have seriously harmed herself or others.
In the state of California, .07 is not drunk, at least not in the eyes of the law and those who are cited for a DUI for having a .07 BAC usually end up cited for a lesser charge, because .07 can be contested in the California court systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
The behavior Princess Theodora is very irreponsable , VERY...this is obvious, she had to be sanctioned and the judge has made it. Okey by Judge.

The behavior of certain people that donīt assume the decision of a judge and suggesting new facts that the Judge has not considered , should also be punished, too
It was irresponsible to drive in excess of the speeds posted by the law of California.

However, since she was not actually convicted of driving while under the influence of alcohol we can actually know that there wasn't the appropriate evidence to substantiate the claim in court.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And frankly, the suggestion that just because someone didn't get hurt or killed, so the whole thing should not be an issue is just leaving me slightly speechless. First of all, anyone in a position of power or a name that could/would/might be well known should be careful that such behavior is always going to attract attention. So Theodora doesn't get a pass. She is not new to the game. Finally, Theodora should be extremely THANKFUL that she didn't kill or maim anyone including herself.
Totally agreed. Those who drive while impaired or drive that far over the speed limit (or worse, do both at once) and don't hurt anyone are not, in my opinion, any less guilty of doing something wrong than those who do the same thing and end up killing someone. They're just luckier than the ones who cause accidents. Someone who gets in a car with a BAC of .07 and drives 100mph and doesn't cause an accident is just as guilty of endangering others' lives than someone who gets in a car with a BAC of .07 and drives 100mph and does cause an accident.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

Is the 0,07 breath alcohol or blood alcohol. If it was breath alcohol, as I don't think the policeman was taking a bloodtest right there on the road, it could have been considerable lower. That the breath test are not 100% reliably and you will only get a reliable number by bloodtest is why you won't be convicted due to breath test alone.

It has been proven that you can get up to 0,1Promille breath alcohol just by drinking apple juice.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Commoner

I have read all that you have written and this is my opinion. I do not like the treatment of this news by some newspaper, they are suggesting facts that are not . But the judge has fined the Princess by a speeding 100 km an hour, that is very fast, very excessive and very dangerous. She has endangered her life, at that speed if would she had had an accident ???..... I donīt want think it and she put in dangerous the life of others . Theodora I hope this you serves of lesson. I admire her but this is bad.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Commoner

I think people are misunderstanding my point. Yes, she did not get convicted of a DUI, but there is a considerable percentage of crimes that end up in non-conviction, either because it is a stupid crime and would waste time and money or it was a first offense or whatever.

My point is that she did something irresponsible. Having .07% of your blood be alcohol may not legally be "drunk" but there IS something in your system, and when she went out driving, she knew she had something in her system. (I'm sure she didn't sit around with a breathalizer making sure she would blow below a .08 to get out of a DUI) Even so, the .08, in a way, is an arbitrary number because the law has to have a specific number. This is why people can still be convicted if they are on the borderline, which she was.

What I am saying is that I don't quite understand the people defending her actions.

I'm sorry to beat a dead horse but I just feel that this subject is always overlooked. Its not just her, I get really annoyed with people like Paris Hilton or other celebutards that get off for this kind of stuff.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica79 View Post
What I am saying is that I don't quite understand the people defending her actions.
That is the point. Nobody has been defending her actions!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Gentry

Nobody should defend Dora for her stupid actions, what she did was downright stupid & dangerous. Just think about it, if she had hit someone what would u say then? Or even worse...if someone else drove at that crazy speed and a bit drunk & hit your precious cutie, what would u do then? I bet u would demand his head on the plate for having killed your (fat) Princess ...! j/k
Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Nobility

First, for you she is not Dora, she is Theodora. Second her acting was unwise , not stupid, this is different. People are fined for breaking traffic rules are not stupid ,,,,, Another members of the nobility have also been fined for speeding and you certainly did not rush to judge them as stupid. I seem to recall a controversy in Norway, when King Harald, I think that was King Harald, he was late for a public act, went through an urban nucleus at a speed of 100 km per hour, the British royal family has also been talked about fines and Spain Also, Also, la Princess Magdalena, In Denmark ...and Belgium .... The problem is different, the problem is that there people who like the princess Theodora, this is the problem
Old 02-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD1 View Post
Nobody should defend Dora for her stupid actions, what she did was downright stupid & dangerous. Just think about it, if she had hit someone what would u say then? Or even worse...if someone else drove at that crazy speed and a bit drunk & hit your precious cutie, what would u do then? I bet u would demand his head on the plate for having killed your (fat) Princess ...! j/k
......and The Prince of Bulgaria was an accident by speeding, and he is quadriplegic, it is dangerous. Nobody here has justified the conduct of the Princess, we has been tried here the description of the facts by journalists who have tried to distort the news, they have sued a person beyond the measures that she has committed.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Nobility

I like the Prince Filippos and Theodora, they are my favorites. I saw some pictures of Prince Philippos in Greek party he was with a girl named Yolanda, I read that could be Greek Cyprus , does anybody know something? Has Prince Philippos new girlfriend?and the spanish???
Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Nobility

I know this pictures, but these pictures are of 2007, when he studied in Georgetown, then in 2008, in the baptize of Amelia, Princess Alexiaīs daughter, he was with his girlfriend, his name was Luz Ernandez, it was serious. But she was not in Prince Nikolaosīs wedding???
Old 02-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Nobility

The greek media mentioned the speeding and the fine today. They said that the Princess was on her way to an audition and she was speeding because she was late!!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Courtier

She must have been very late, considering she was 40 miles per hour over the speed limit!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Back in the spotlight:

Princess Theodora attended a screening of Films In Motion & Lionsgate Entertainment's
'Blood Out' at the DGA on April 25, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness

I see that Princess Theodora has thinned. She is very pretty.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Serene Highness

In the "special edition wedding of Prince William" of the magazine HOLA! of Spain , in addition to the special, is a short interview with Princess Theodora, where she talks about her first movie as a protagonist, her family, and .............has no boyfriend!. She says that whenever she speaks with Queen Sofia, in addition to her work, she asks: Do you have a boyfriend?