The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

Theodora was charged with speeding and tail gating which is dangerous in itself, the DUI was dropped because she was .07 which is just under the limit. The judge dropped the DUI probably because it COULD have been contested and difficult to prove as it was the officer's discretion so the judge went with excess speed and tail gating. The first article is just the reporter's story and probably his words so forget the first article, the Princess is being described by a journalist. I can't see a trooper using the word "haughty", they usually use "uncooporative". Theodora may have been uncooporative with the trooper hence the DUI charge. It happens. She was driving too fast and too close to other vehicles and even if she was borderline, she shouldn't have driven impaired. Yes, the US is different from Europe.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

No, you say about lack evidence, it can not be, because for it would be, it should have happened otherwise. This is ,filing charges by driving under the influence of alcohol, the police should have practiced various other tests, such as analytical, if they had doubts about that it could affect her driving , but her blood level was 0.07, it is intoof the legal limit, they should have practiced other evidence to file charges.They could not lodge charges by this motive, as you and first newspaper say.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Commoner

People like her, make me really, really angry. Who cares, that there could be victims?
And what makes more angry is, that she doesnīt get the punishment she deserves. An ordinary guy or girl couldnīt escape from that.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

And who are you to decide who deserves what?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Commoner

Why are you defending her behave? Thatīs sad.
I donīt like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I donīt care if she is "Royal". Thatīs not right!

But hey, Iīm not St. Theodora...
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Call me snob and harsh but i find all this story, well, rather cheap. I can't imagine a princess with such an impressive backround (grandaughter daughter, niece of some of the most important monarchs in Europe) playing the actress in L.A (with the surname Theodora Greece ) and apparently having some well known troubles with the justice ...
I don't know if she has some talent but i can imagine a career similar to her infamous yougoslavian royal cousin Catherine Oxenberg with some minor roles and a reality show at the end...
I wonder how Queen Frederica would have felt about that....
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preity View Post
Why are you defending her behave? Thatīs sad.
I donīt like people who think with just two three drinks (for sure) can drive a car.
And I donīt care if she is "Royal". Thatīs not right!

But hey, Iīm not St. Theodora...
I completely agree with you, Preity. I'm sorry, but her driving was reckless. That particular road that she was on is very familiar to me. It is dangerous even in the most clear conditions. It is narrow, winding and it goes up and down very steep hills. She should not have been driving at that speed (I've never seen anybody drive that road at that speed-ever), and she should not have been behind the wheel after drinking. Period. She's lucky that she didn't blow a .08 because she would have been in some very serious trouble. Even with a .07 and at that speed, she could have killed herself or someone else. I have known people who have been killed by drunk drivers and it breaks my heart to see people defending her action. Yes, she seems like a nice person, but she made a mistake. She is very lucky that nobody was hurt. I sincerely hope that she has learned from this mistake and never, ever repeats it.

What if someone else had come along at 100 mph with a .07 blood alcohol level and hit Theodora? I don't think the reaction from everyone here would be the same. People would probably be very upset and would most likely ask, "why was that driver so reckless?".
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preity View Post
People like her, make me really, really angry.
People like her? Excuse me?

Her blood alcohol level was within the limit, her speed was the problem. People speed all the time, but it's Theodora who is getting the ridiculous press.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Her blood alcohol level was within the limit, her speed was the problem. People speed all the time, but it's Theodora who is getting the ridiculous press.
People do not speed at that rate all the time (at least not on roads like that). The incident is a matter of public record. I agree with you that the first journalist shouldn't have called her the "haughty princess", but even if this was you or me, this incident would have been reported in the local newspaper.
The officer was within the scope of the law to suspect her of a DUI with a .07 BAC (but the charges would not have stuck as we have seen in her case):

Can I Get a DUI at 0.07 BAC? | DrunkDrivingLawyers.com
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Even if she wasn't "officially" drunk by the amount prescribed by law....her driving was and could have been impaired by the amount of liquor that she did consume. Stricly put because she was slightly drunk she would have been slower to react when speeding. Especially if she is driving at high speeds (100 mph?!) on a curvy road.

As previously stated, Theodora was very lucky that she didn't hurt herself or anyone else. And there are plenty of people in the US who get press like that when they are driving under the influence and hurt someone. It just takes one time to ruin two lives.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Theodora has been ticketed for speeding, it has been determined by a judge in a democratic state. And in this and others forums of internet ,a number people think:

The Princess Theodora is guilty of facts you do not known , about evidence that you donīt know ... but you still consider her guilty.

And consider that the decision of the judge, who knows the facts, who knows of evidence, is invalid.

I hope you never are called to participate in a jury for judge by murder or other crime, my God, the accused will be guilty....
Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
Princess Theodora has been ticketed for speeding, it has been determined by a judge in a democratic state. And in this and others forums of internet ,a number people think:

The Princess Theodora is guilty of facts you do not known , about evidence that you donīt know ... but you still consider her guilty.

And consider that the decision of the judge, who knows the facts, who knows of evidence, is invalid.

I hope you never are called to participate in jury pra judge a murder or other crime, my God, the accused will be guilty....
I was only using the judge's findings as the basis of my statement when I made my post. She was traveling at 100 mph. Fact. It was proven and upheld by the judge. 100 mph is very, very dangerous on a road like that (and I have driven on that road hundreds of times, so I know what I am talking about). It is a fact that she took a blood alcohol test which resulted in a .07 blood alcohol content reading. Fact. The judge did not add DUI to her conviction because .08 is the limit. Fact. I don't understand why it is so upsetting that people would look at this case and say that her actions were wrong. She is just very lucky that she didn't kill herself or someone else. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope that she has learned from this and never does anything like this again.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
People do not speed at that rate all the time (at least not on roads like that). The incident is a matter of public record. I agree with you that the first journalist shouldn't have called her the "haughty princess", but even if this was you or me, this incident would have been reported in the local newspaper.
The officer was within the scope of the law to suspect her of a DUI with a .07 BAC (but the charges would not have stuck as we have seen in her case):

Can I Get a DUI at 0.07 BAC? | DrunkDrivingLawyers.com
People speed all the time, and no matter how much you're over the limit. You may kill someone whether you're 1 mile an hour over or 50 miles over.
You're right a local newspaper, like you or I, so why isn't every other speeder being criticised like we are doing with Theodora?
Yes the officer was right to take her in, but she wasn't drink driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Even if she wasn't "officially" drunk by the amount prescribed by law....her driving was and could have been impaired by the amount of liquor that she did consume. Stricly put because she was slightly drunk she would have been slower to react when speeding. Especially if she is driving at high speeds (100 mph?!) on a curvy road.
Could have impaired, not for definete. You could drive 100 mph on a straight road, having only ever drunk water you're entire life, and killed 4 or 5 people in a pile up. She didn't kill anyone, she was slightly drunk, it's put a dampener on her "sweet" image. Other than that what harm has this actually done?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
People speed all the time, and no matter how much you're over the limit. You may kill someone whether you're 1 mile an hour over or 50 miles over.
You're right a local newspaper, like you or I, so why isn't every other speeder being criticised like we are doing with Theodora?
Yes the officer was right to take her in, but she wasn't drink driving.

Could have impaired, not for definete. You could drive 100 mph on a straight road, having only ever drunk water you're entire life, and killed 4 or 5 people in a pile up. She didn't kill anyone, she was slightly drunk, it's put a dampener on her "sweet" image. Other than that what harm has this actually done?
The harm is that she did this. That's the harm. Would you say to the family of a person whose child was killed by a drunk driver "what harm was actually done?". She broke the law. Plain and simple. Her actions were negligent and dangerous. Imagine if she didn't get caught and continued to repeat this behavior? The probability of her getting into a serious accident would increase dramatically. It is a good thing that she was caught. Now she can learn from this. It is a good thing that police are patrolling our roads and stopping drivers who drive recklessly. I am glad they stopped her (and I've always liked Theodora, and I still do). She could have hurt herself or others. That's the "harm"; whether someone was killed or not is irrelevant IMO.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yeah she did it, thousands of people have broken the law. The law gets broken all the time. She'll be punished and she probably won't do it again.

Theodora didn't kill a child, so why bring up that scenario? If she had killed a child, this would be a whole different matter. Driving too fast and killing a child is completely different.

She was stopped, end of. She could have hurt herself or someone else, she didn't.

You think driving over the speed limit and killing someone is the same thing? Wow.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeah she did it, thousands of people have broken the law. The law gets broken all the time. She'll be punished and she probably won't do it again.

Theodora didn't kill a child, so why bring up that scenario? If she had killed a child, this would be a whole different matter. Driving too fast and killing a child is completely different.

She was stopped, end of. She could have hurt herself or someone else, she didn't.

You think driving over the speed limit and killing someone is the same thing? Wow.
No, I don't. I apologize if you have misunderstood my post. I believe that driving at that speed could very likely cause a deadly crash. Of course they're not the same thing; but the action of reckless driving can often result in death. Would you be saying the same thing if someone had crashed into Theodora? Would you say that "people break the law all the time? They'll be punished and probably won't do it again?"

You apparently misunderstood what I said when I asked if you would say the same thing to a family who lost their child in a drunk driving accident. Let me rephrase it: would you make the same comment about Theodora's actions to a person who has lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident?

She should not have been behind the wheel. Period. She is very, very, very lucky that she didn't get into an accident. She was tailgating the car in front of her (driving dangerously close). It was probably only a matter of time before she would have crashed.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

The behavior Princess Theodora is very irreponsable , VERY...this is obvious, she had to be sanctioned and the judge has made it. Okey by Judge.

The behavior of certain people that donīt assume the decision of a judge and suggesting new facts that the Judge has not considered , should also be punished, too
Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You are creating situations, that never happened. I cannot know what I would say if Theodora crashed into someone, because she didn't crash into anyone. She didn't hurt anyone, like you say she was lucky.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
The behavior Princess Theodora is very irreponsable , VERY...this is obvious, she had to be sanctioned and the judge has made it. Okey by Judge.

The behavior of certain people that donīt assume the decision of a judge and suggesting new facts that the Judge has not considered , should also be punished, too
What new facts are being suggested in this case?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Katrianna said "...he judge dropped the DUI probably because it COULD have been contested and difficult to prove as it was the officer's discretion so the judge went with excess speed and tail gating." this she is doesnīt know.....