The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Nobility

but Prince Nikolaos was married with 40 years old, and Princess Alexia with 34 years old. I think it is still early for them to marry. I think that Prince Philippos has not girlfriend because in the wedding of Prince Nikolaos, he was only and he went to the wedding of Victoria of Sweden accompanied by his cousin Princess Elena of Spain.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

NOVEMBER 14, 2010: Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark with designer Roberto De Villacis attends the Roberto De Villacis Srping 2011 Fashion Presentation on, November 14, 2010 at private residence in Bel Air, California.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ANP

Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Courtier

Please visit this thread which i created for Princess Theodora"s style and fashion : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yle-29248.html
Old 01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Nobility

I just read at another royal forum that Princess Theodora was arrested in the States.

Princess Charged With DUI Awaits Trial | montereycitynews.com
Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Interesting to say the least.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

very interesting
Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

This comes as somewhat of a shock

Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Your Town: Princess fined for excess speeding - MontereyHerald.com :

The DUI charge was actually dropped, as she wasn't under the legal limit. She was charged with driving at excess speeds.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be fair, the article is sensationalizing the story a bit because she is a princess and its not that big a shock. She was under the legal limit and 0.7 I reckon for her weight and height was just two to maybe three drinks. Plenty of people drive after one to two drinks, I'm not condoning it, but it happens often.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, no one would have really blinked an eyelid if she wasn't royalty

Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Nobility

Do not just read the news in a Spanish forum, and a person to put the link of the news, Princess Theodora has not been convicted of excess alcohol, have been fined for speeding. The police had not filed any charge for excess alcohol as it was said by the newspaper, it was for speeding, she was traveling at 100 kilometers per hour.

HRH Princess Theodora of Greece Makes a Court Appearance in Monterey, CA | The Royal Correspondent

In Spain,the limit is 50 miles per hour in populated areas, and the maximum on motorways 120
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Nobility

The first do not like, it is very dirty, the second seems to me correct, she was driving too fast, and she has received sanction. the first article is sensationalizing , I don´t like it is very dirty
Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Nobility

Its good to know that the first article was false!!Of course speeding is not good either but if it was mixed with alcohol it would be worst!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The DUI charge wasn't false, the charge was dropped by the Prosecutor. To cite Theodora for DUI was up to the police officer's discretion, but the the charge may have been dropped due to lack of evidence to prosecute or there may have been a plea deal made.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

I do not like the first newspaper,because it deals with the princess Theodora as a criminal and hides the detail of the speed to make it appear that she is bad person.
Katrianna,the cause will have been closed by the blood alcohol level is within the law, it is legal, this is not a crime. This has not been archived for lack of evidence. The first report is clear, the blood alcohol level of 0.08 according to law, says it had 0.07, it was within the law.
The second report said that she has been imposed a fine for driving 100 kilometers per hour, this is not legal.

This is not for lack of evidence, it is because being inside or outside the law, 0.07 is legal and driving at 100 miles per hour in an area with a lower speed limit is not legal
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

okey BEltranega,it is a penalty for driving over the speed limit. The first newspaper hidden the detail of the speed , I agree with you and it suggests that this has been for another reason, this is. In Europe there is a principle called presumption of innocence.I agree with you
Old 01-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
I do not like the first newspaper,because it deals with the princess Theodora as a criminal and hides the detail of the speed to make it appear that she is bad person.
Katrianna,the cause will have been closed by the blood alcohol level is within the law, it is legal, this is not a crime. This has not been archived for lack of evidence. The first report is clear, the blood alcohol level of 0.08 according to law, says it had 0.07, it was within the law.
The second report said that she has been imposed a fine for driving 100 kilometers per hour, this is not legal.

This is not for lack of evidence, it is because being inside or outside the law, 0.07 is legal and driving at 100 miles per hour in an area with a lower speed limit is not legal
Actually it is possible to charge a person with DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) if they are anywhere from .04-.07 it is up to the officers discretion, the thing here is it was likely dropped in favor of the speeding ticket after a plea deal was made, as there is no where in the US where 100 mph is an okay speed to be traveling at in public.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

This is possible but this is not the case, I read that only fine for speeding. The speed of 100 km is not accepted, it will depend on the limit of each road section has established. presumption of innocence
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Actually it is possible to charge a person with DWI (Driving while Intoxicated) if they are anywhere from .04-.07 it is up to the officers discretion, the thing here is it was likely dropped in favor of the speeding ticket after a plea deal was made, as there is no where in the US where 100 mph is an okay speed to be traveling at in public.
Yes. She was legally charged with a DUI (actually a step under a DWI) for having an alcohol level of .07. While that's not strictly illegal, California law allows the police to arrest and charge you at .07 if the officer concerned feels that he should. Such charges can disappear, as they did here, for lots of reasons - there's a plea deal with another charge like the speeding ticket, it's legally messy when you're in that gray area of under the limit but arrested anyway, the judge concerned is a lenient one, or sometimes the wealthy can make this sort of stuff go away. The charge could have been dropped for any number of reasons, but the fact of the matter is that she had an alcohol level of .07 and was arrested for it.

Her speed was 100 MILES, not kilometers. 100 kilometers, or about 60 miles, is approximately the speed limit on most U.S. highways - the highest anywhere is 65-70 miles on some highways in some rural areas. 100 miles = 161 km, and this is very, very illegal and very, very dangerous on any road in America.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Commoner

I don't really understand how people are saying that it is OK and that this story is sensationalized.

Her blood alcohol level was .07, which, I'm sorry, is drunk.

She was driving at 100 miles/hr=161 kilometers/hr and tailgating people. This is reckless.

Tens of thousands of people die every year because of behavior like this and she could have seriously harmed herself or others.