The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
That's kind of ridiculous, the SRF are Borbon, the BRF are Windsor, the DRF are Orange-Nassau, the MPF are Grimaldi and so on, why couldn't they just have a surname and have peace with it
Let me tell you that the idea comes from Constantine, his children are way too smart to come up with things like that
ΤωνΕλληνων!!!How do you like it for surname??

Old 04-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
ΤωνΕλληνων!!!How do you like it for surname??
I don't speak greek, so please translate
And calm down, I like the GRF a lot, I just don't understand the surname thing :)

Old 04-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Theoretically, royals don't use surnames, they use dynasty names, which aren't always the same thing. For example, the BRF is the Windsor dynasty, but the surnames assigned to EIIR's male-line descendants will be Mountbatten-Windsor, even though they will be members of the Windsor dynasty. As long as Constantine is a king, even a deposed one, he doesn't see why he should have a surname when his fellow monarchs use only their dynasty names.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I don't speak greek, so please translate
And calm down, I like the GRF a lot, I just don't understand the surname thing :)
Τon Ellinon means "of Hellenes" so Constantinos ofhellenes it is and always been of hellenes untill He will be again Tis Ellados- "of Greece"
Old 04-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
Τon Ellinon means "of Hellenes" so Constantinos ofhellenes it is and always been of hellenes untill He will be again Tis Ellados- "of Greece"
I still think that Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg sounds better but if you say that Ton Ellinon is the right one then I'll believe you
Old 04-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Gentry

Maybe

all those historic names sound better,but they are to long to pronounce,so 'tonEllinon' that's how we all know!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Administrator

The Kings of Greece have always had the title of "King of the Hellenes", just as the Kings of Belgium have been "King of the Belgians".
Cadet members of the family are "of Greece" or "of Belgium".
The Belgian Royal Family don't appear to have a surname these days either.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Nobility

For those of you who were wondering, I can confirm that Phillippos does attend Georgetown. And I think he's a sophomore, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The Kings of Greece have always had the title of "King of the Hellenes", just as the Kings of Belgium have been "King of the Belgians".
Cadet members of the family are "of Greece" or "of Belgium".
The Belgian Royal Family don't appear to have a surname these days either.
Not quite, all the kings of Greece. Otto was "of Greece" during his reign. "Of the Hellenes" was supposedly due in part to a desire not to upset the Wittelsbachs.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Nobility

:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PHILLIPPOS :)
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Gentry

Happy Birtday to Prince Philippos !!!:p
Old 04-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Commoner

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILIPPOS

Old 04-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Courtier

Theodora and other royals

Watched her on TV during the wedding of Alexandra Berleburg and Frederik. At Alexandra´s wedding she was 15 and nowbody seemed to talk to her. At Frederiks wedding she was 21 - and nowbody seemed to talk to her. Don´t know but it´s my opinion that she will have problems to find a partner. She´s very tall but not pretty in my opinion and if you are a girl and not pretty it ´s even worth to be tall! In contrast to Marie-Chantal no rich american male student is interested in a quite poor not pretty european princess. I wonder whether she ever marries, I mean she studies some kind of theatre in Brown university - will she ever earn her own money with that?
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Watched her on TV during the wedding of Alexandra Berleburg and Frederik. At Alexandra´s wedding she was 15 and nowbody seemed to talk to her. At Frederiks wedding she was 21 - and nowbody seemed to talk to her. Don´t know but it´s my opinion that she will have problems to find a partner. She´s very tall but not pretty in my opinion and if you are a girl and not pretty it ´s even worth to be tall! In contrast to Marie-Chantal no rich american male student is interested in a quite poor not pretty european princess. I wonder whether she ever marries, I mean she studies some kind of theatre in Brown university - will she ever earn her own money with that?
I definitely do not adopt your comments about Theodora; I just wanted to remind people that these kind of stuff would go around for Alexia as well: that she's not pretty, and too old to get married etc etc.. And look at her now..: She's got a great family
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I too disagree with your assessment. She is pretty, however, she is not "model" pretty or "model" thing. It is unrealistic for us to expect many people to look like the "ideal" beauty. That is why models get paid so much. They are not supposed to look like the rest of us. She was born a princess, not a model. There is a big difference. If she doesn't find a husband, it is more because of her shyness, than because of her looks or weight. Men like confidence and playfulness, they don't like mousy and shy women.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I think one of the main reasons she went into drama school is that she needed to get rid of that kind of shyness
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

She really went to a drama school to get rid of her shyness? Interesting!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have heard of alot of people doing that. It is a great way to get over shyness.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

I would think they would get speech classes.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don´t know but it´s my opinion that she will have problems to find a partner. She´s very tall but not pretty in my opinion and if you are a girl and not pretty it ´s even worth to be tall! In contrast to Marie-Chantal no rich american male student is interested in a quite poor not pretty european princess.
If men are not looking favourably at Theodora based on superficial reasons because she's too tall or not pretty enough in their eyes (and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder), then those are the very kind of men Theodora probably wouldn't or shouldn't be marrying anyways. If someone is that vain or shallow, then they're not worth it.

Quote:
I mean she studies some kind of theatre in Brown university - will she ever earn her own money with that?
Theatre actors may not make a lot of money, especially in comparison to movie actors, but they make enough to live. And I doubt that her parents would let her be outsted onto the street because she couldn't make ends meet.