The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
So Olga's surname is actually "of Greece" then?
Whether her father or she is an American or European citizen, I am sure they have adopted a surname but I do not know what it is. Glucksburg, however, is the name of the Ducal House her paternal grand-father's father (George I of the Hellenes) came from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
And "Princess" is just a curtosey title?
Strictly speaking, courtesy titles are formally reserved for two categories:
1) People who were born dynasts (in their own rights) but ceased legally to be so later - e.g. the three oldest children of King Constantine, born before he was deposed, are courtesy princes and princess and they may be addressed as such for historic reasons, for life.
2) People not born-princely who marry dynasts of reigning houses. E.g. the former princess Alexandra of Denmark was a courtesy princess. The title of these individuals has no legal backing, so that it may be lost (at a monarch's discretion) should these personages divorce and/or remarry, etc.

Olga does not fall into any of these two categories. She was not born a princess and, therefore, she is neither a legal nor a courtesy princess. Her mother, also, by decision of the Palace, remained as Marina Karella after her marriage, a commoner [and by definition, a commoner cannot give birth to princes].
Beware, though, that there are myriads of people out there who call themselves as, when, and what, they please.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

anybody know what happen with her wedding?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
anybody know what happen with her wedding?
Sometimes I'm checking the website of Aosta family (she's supposed to married prince Amadeo Aosta) hoping that eventually they will give some info but until now nothing....
Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Aimone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
(she's supposed to married prince Amadeo Aosta)
I think that would be Prince Aimone of Savoy.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

it is like they fell off the face of the earth, moveing to russia, and no news. we wont her Married.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

The greek magazine Life n' Style had pictures of Olga and her parents in Athens last month.I think they spend much of their time in Patmos during the summer.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
it is like they fell off the face of the earth, moveing to russia, and no news. we wont her Married.
Prince Aimone lives and works for Pirelli in Russia. I am not sure Olga moved to Russia. Something tells me that this engagement fell by the waysides but neither family announced it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
The greek magazine Life n' Style had pictures of Olga and her parents in Athens last month.I think they spend much of their time in Patmos during the summer.
Prince Michel and his wife have a home in Patmos and spend there most of the summer. Did they have any photos of P Aimone?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

No,Odette,P.Aimone was not in Athens.Olga's family had a party for her mother's new exhibition.Marina Karela is a famous painter and sculptor.I know that Olga is travelling a lot,because she's a journalist,too.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Iakynthi, thank you. I thought P Olga was also involved with the arts somehow. It never clicked that she is a journalist. Does Marina Karella have any exhibitions in Athens this year? She usually has her shows in Paris.
I'd love to see some of her works in person, although she may be a bit too avant garde for me, but it would be very interesting.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

You're welcome.Marina Karella's art collections can be found in Center George Pompidou(Paris),Menil Collection(NY),Macedonian Museum of Modern Art(Thessaloniki),National Art Gallery(Athens)and Yokohama Center(Yokohama).The happening I mentioned took place in Zoumboulaki art gallery(8 May 2008).Pr.Irini was also there.All the money was given to an organisation that protect children from violence.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

I just noticed Olga's clothes during the event:a simple white dress,a pendant whitegold cross and a watch.So simple,but elegant and sophisticated at the same time!!Olga and Alexandra have natural elegance,a rare gift that I always admire on women.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

I've read that Olga had a relationship with Johnny Pigozzi.Is this the same person with Jean Pigozzi,the famous photographer,that used to hang out with Carla Bruni,Mick Jagger and Jeri Hall in the late 80's-early 90's?Actually,he's considered one of the 1st paparazzi.Does anyone know?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

This is very controversial:
Amadeo d'Aosta, the father of the groom of Olga, was proclaimed with the support of Italian Monarchists, heir to the throne of Italy, after which Victor Manuel appeared implicated in a scandal and was arrested by police in Italy .
The Italians monarchists proclaimed Heir to Amadeo of Aosta.
The Kings of Spain is not friend of Aosta because he insulted to Prince Victor Manuel in the wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain, and Victor Manuel hit to the Amadeo.....
If the boyfriend is son of Amadeo of Aosta, he is heir to the throne of Italy....
They are confront with Victor Manuel of Saboya and Filiberto of Saboya.
If Queen Sofia will go to the wedding of Olga, Filiberto could become enemies with her....
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I've read that Olga had a relationship with Johnny Pigozzi.Is this the same person with Jean Pigozzi,the famous photographer,that used to hang out with Carla Bruni,Mick Jagger and Jeri Hall in the late 80's-early 90's?
Yes, it is the same person.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
The Kings of Spain is not friend of Aosta because he insulted to Prince Victor Manuel in the wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain, and Victor Manuel hit to the Amadeo..
You've got it wrong. Duke Amedeo was the innocent party, Prince Victor Emmanuele was the unprovoked aggressor. VE's wife apologised profusely to King Juan Carlos for her husband's behaviour. The details are in this thread.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks a lot,Benjamin!
Pigozzi must be much older than Olga,then...
Old 09-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Courtier

You're very welcome . Yes, he is around nineteen years older. Before Pigozzi came along, there were mentions in the press about something between the Princess and Taki, who is married and much MUCH older than she.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Wink You do surprise me a lot,Benjy!!

Can I have a guess,Benjamin?You mean Takis Theodorakopoulos,right?So,this is the Greek journalist that was mentioned in the other thread...
He used to work for Tatler and was also known as a famous playboy (around the 60's-70's,of course).As fas as I know he's 70+ nowadays...
I wonder what kind of relationship that was...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Correct! Fortunately, whatever it was didn't last long .
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Royal Highness

I would like to believe that it was just a flirt,not anything serious.
BTW,the last article of Life & Style is always written by Takis.