Princess Olga (1971-), dau of Prince Michael

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Olga's surname is actually "of Greece" then?
Whether her father or she is an American or European citizen, I am sure they have adopted a surname but I do not know what it is. Glucksburg, however, is the name of the Ducal House her paternal grand-father's father (George I of the Hellenes) came from.
And "Princess" is just a curtosey title?
Strictly speaking, courtesy titles are formally reserved for two categories:
1) People who were born dynasts (in their own rights) but ceased legally to be so later - e.g. the three oldest children of King Constantine, born before he was deposed, are courtesy princes and princess and they may be addressed as such for historic reasons, for life.
2) People not born-princely who marry dynasts of reigning houses. E.g. the former princess Alexandra of Denmark was a courtesy princess. The title of these individuals has no legal backing, so that it may be lost (at a monarch's discretion) should these personages divorce and/or remarry, etc.

Olga does not fall into any of these two categories. She was not born a princess and, therefore, she is neither a legal nor a courtesy princess. Her mother, also, by decision of the Palace, remained as Marina Karella after her marriage, a commoner [and by definition, a commoner cannot give birth to princes].
Beware, though, that there are myriads of people out there who call themselves as, when, and what, they please.

Last edited:
anybody know what happen with her wedding?

anybody know what happen with her wedding?

Sometimes I'm checking the website of Aosta family (she's supposed to married prince Amadeo Aosta) hoping that eventually they will give some info but until now nothing....
:ohmy:

it is like they fell off the face of the earth, moveing to russia, and no news. we wont her Married.

The greek magazine Life n' Style had pictures of Olga and her parents in Athens last month.I think they spend much of their time in Patmos during the summer.

it is like they fell off the face of the earth, moveing to russia, and no news. we wont her Married.

Prince Aimone lives and works for Pirelli in Russia. I am not sure Olga moved to Russia. Something tells me that this engagement fell by the waysides but neither family announced it yet.

The greek magazine Life n' Style had pictures of Olga and her parents in Athens last month.I think they spend much of their time in Patmos during the summer.

Prince Michel and his wife have a home in Patmos and spend there most of the summer. Did they have any photos of P Aimone?

Last edited by a moderator:
No,Odette,P.Aimone was not in Athens.Olga's family had a party for her mother's new exhibition.Marina Karela is a famous painter and sculptor.I know that Olga is travelling a lot,because she's a journalist,too.

Iakynthi, thank you. I thought P Olga was also involved with the arts somehow. It never clicked that she is a journalist. Does Marina Karella have any exhibitions in Athens this year? She usually has her shows in Paris.
I'd love to see some of her works in person, although she may be a bit too avant garde for me, but it would be very interesting.

You're welcome.Marina Karella's art collections can be found in Center George Pompidou(Paris),Menil Collection(NY),Macedonian Museum of Modern Art(Thessaloniki),National Art Gallery(Athens)and Yokohama Center(Yokohama).The happening I mentioned took place in Zoumboulaki art gallery(8 May 2008).Pr.Irini was also there.All the money was given to an organisation that protect children from violence.

I just noticed Olga's clothes during the event:a simple white dress,a pendant whitegold cross and a watch.So simple,but elegant and sophisticated at the same time!!Olga and Alexandra have natural elegance,a rare gift that I always admire on women.

I've read that Olga had a relationship with Johnny Pigozzi.Is this the same person with Jean Pigozzi,the famous photographer,that used to hang out with Carla Bruni,Mick Jagger and Jeri Hall in the late 80's-early 90's?Actually,he's considered one of the 1st paparazzi.Does anyone know?

This is very controversial:
Amadeo d'Aosta, the father of the groom of Olga, was proclaimed with the support of Italian Monarchists, heir to the throne of Italy, after which Victor Manuel appeared implicated in a scandal and was arrested by police in Italy .
The Italians monarchists proclaimed Heir to Amadeo of Aosta.
The Kings of Spain is not friend of Aosta because he insulted to Prince Victor Manuel in the wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain, and Victor Manuel hit to the Amadeo.....
If the boyfriend is son of Amadeo of Aosta, he is heir to the throne of Italy....
They are confront with Victor Manuel of Saboya and Filiberto of Saboya.
If Queen Sofia will go to the wedding of Olga, Filiberto could become enemies with her....

I've read that Olga had a relationship with Johnny Pigozzi.Is this the same person with Jean Pigozzi,the famous photographer,that used to hang out with Carla Bruni,Mick Jagger and Jeri Hall in the late 80's-early 90's?
Yes, it is the same person.

The Kings of Spain is not friend of Aosta because he insulted to Prince Victor Manuel in the wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain, and Victor Manuel hit to the Amadeo..
You've got it wrong. Duke Amedeo was the innocent party, Prince Victor Emmanuele was the unprovoked aggressor. VE's wife apologised profusely to King Juan Carlos for her husband's behaviour. The details are in this thread.

Thanks a lot,Benjamin!
Pigozzi must be much older than Olga,then...

You're very welcome :flowers:. Yes, he is around nineteen years older. Before Pigozzi came along, there were mentions in the press about something between the Princess and Taki, who is married and much MUCH older than she.

You do surprise me a lot,Benjy!!

Can I have a guess,Benjamin?You mean Takis Theodorakopoulos,right?So,this is the Greek journalist that was mentioned in the other thread...:ermm:
He used to work for Tatler and was also known as a famous playboy (around the 60's-70's,of course).As fas as I know he's 70+ nowadays...
I wonder what kind of relationship that was...:whistling:

Correct! Fortunately, whatever it was didn't last long :D.

I would like to believe that it was just a flirt,not anything serious.
BTW,the last article of Life & Style is always written by Takis.

If Queen Sofia will go to the wedding of Olga, Filiberto could become enemies with her....

Queen Sofia is a member of a Royal family of Greece, so she is free to attend the marriage.

I do not think that Queen Sofia is so interested in keeping good relations with Vittorio Emanuele...
He is invited to Royal events only because he is the Head of the Royal House...

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE QUEEN, THE PROBLEM IS THE DUKE OF AOSTA ...
He has always wanted THAT SPANISH PRESS recognized as Crown Prince OF ITALY(SINCE, VICTOR MANUEL OUT CONVICTED FOR MURDER OF A GERMAN TOURIST)
IF THE QUEEN SOFIA WILL GO TO THE WEDDING, HE WILL USE IT TO SAY THAT THE REAL SPANISH HOUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT AS heir.

THE PROBLEM IS AOSTA....

I do not agree with you: the Queen or any member of the royal family can attend a wedding of a cousin or not?
This is a family matter not a State one.

IT IS TRUE, ITALY HAS NOT MONARCHY AND vICTOR mANUEL RESIGNED TO THE THRONE TO RECOVER THE PASSPORT.....It is obvious that for us HAVE NOT THE SAME VALUE THAT FOR THEM ..... IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THEM BUT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND
They have fought, insults, have made statements in the press, against each other.
THE THRONE (FICTION) IS VERY IMPORT FOR THEM

At least there won't be any fights in the church during this ceremony!!
Just remember what happened during Felipe-Letizia's wedding...

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE QUEEN, THE PROBLEM IS THE DUKE OF AOSTA...THE PROBLEM IS AOSTA....
I don't know where this is coming from. If the Duke of Aosta was a "problem" the King and Queen of Spain would not have invited him to attend Felipe's wedding.

formerly, existed an international law called the "Recognition".
then of a war of succesion between two candidates to the throne of a country,the winner was recognized as king when other King of other country recognized him. More formerly, was the PAPA which recognized to the kings..
I think that in the current European monarchies there are internal rules, it has no legal value, but it has value inter them:
If a king celebrate a wedding and in the list of invites is Aosta as representative of monarchy of Italy, he could be considered the successor, inter monarchies ... In Italy the question is open ..
I think that The Aosta have used the Spanish press and friendship with King to try to seek such recognition.
But King of Spain invited to the two, for avoid problems with them....
The Aosta when speak with magazine of Spain, he looks that the magazine says:
the heir of Italy....and with it the recognition.
it is my opinion..
I think that it is the origin of the problem

I think that it is the origin of the problem
Beltraneja, no disrespect but I think it is only you who sees a "problem" between the Duke of Savoy-Aosta and the King of Spain.

HRH Prince Amedeo, Duke of Savoy is the Head of the Italian Royal Family and HRH Prince Aimone-Umberto the Crown Prince.
Vittorio-Emanuele lost his rights because of his marriage .
The marriage of Princess Olga of Greece makes her Crown Princess of Italy.

It makes her nothing of the sort. Olga's marriage makes her a Princess of Savoy-Aosta and Duchess of Apulia.
Since when has Prince Aimone called himself "Crown Prince of Italy?. Not even Prince Emanuele-Filiberto calls himself "Crown Prince".
This argument is degenerating into nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom