The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

1.princess Olga, her father prince Michael of Greece and her sister princess Alexandra at a retrospective of their mother's art work in Athens. (point de vue)
2. In 1991 Olga & Alexandra in London
3. 1980, Olga with her sister and her mother
4. 2 years old in 1973 (Olga's on the right)
5. Olga and good friend Christian Louboutin in Paris when Diana Ross received an award

Old 03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Olga's fiancé Aimone and his father, the duke of Aosta (point de vue)

Old 03-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aimone of Aosta, the duke of Puglia (point de vue)

Old 03-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he would look better without the goat
Old 03-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Gentry

He is undoubtly very handsome and stylish! Princess Olga is devine!I can't wait to see their marriage!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

point de vue

Old 05-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

I realize this question may well be getting annoying, but what's up with Olga and Aimione's wedding plans? Any of you Point de Vue readers know more than I do?
Old 05-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Commoner

"Princess"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskaris
Princess Olga of Greece
This lady is certainly elegant but she is not a princess by any stretch of even Baron Munchausen's imagination and here follows why:
1) Her father, prince Michael is the son of prince Christopher of Greece who was the last child of King George I and Queen Olga. Based on the Hellenic Consitution in effect until the abolition of monarchy, there was provision for the the following titles: King, Queen, Diadoch (ΔιάδοχοΣ - Greek equivalent for Heir or Crown Prince) and Royal Children (ΒασιλόπαιδεΣ). Indeed, there was no provision of titles for the children of royal children, that is, the grand-children of monarchs. Thus, grand-children of monarchs were not princes or princesses.
2) There had been a long-standing tradition in Hellas (Greece) whereby Royal Children could not marry commoners to prevent non-royal social factions from abusing power etc. In result, even the marriage of King Alexander to Aspasia Manos was morganatic. Now, because Prince Christopher (Michael's father) married first a commoner (a 10 years older American millionairess, Ms Stewart), he had to resign his rights of succession to the throne [and it goes without saying that he ceased to be recognized as a Royal Child based on the (then) Hellenic Constitution]. So, even though Michael is the issue of Prince Christopher's second marriage to a Princess, namely Francoise de Guise, his father had already ceased to be a Prince of Greece.
3) When the serene and kind King Paul died, Constantine (still unmarried and without issue) ascended to the throne and, by some modification of precedent, a provision was made for women to ascend to the throne following which Constantine's younger sister, Princess Irene, became Diadoch (i.e. Heir to the throne) for about a year, until the birth of Alexia. At the same time, Peter, son of Prince George of Greece and grandson of King George I became illegitimately [since he was married to a Russian (?) commoner] the second in line of succession to the throne and, by some unclear manipulation, Michael was also illegitimately elevated to third in line of succession.
4) A year or so later, Michael married Marina Karella, the daughter of a peasant from Peloponnesus who had managed to dominate in the textile industry [their business became defunct in the late 80's]. This marriage was also morganatic and Michael resigned his rights to the throne, even though he had no rights to start with.

Now, if after all that, this elegant young lady is a princess, then, there are equal chances that I am L' Empereur de Toutes Russies.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Aristocracy

At least she is as beautiful as a princess:p
I think it's kind of immature for us Hellenes to discharge one of the so few royals with Greek blood of their titles
Old 05-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Gentry

She

is Princess and devine,Her Father is Prince,son of a Prince,Grandson of the first King of Greece!Her Mother is Princess by marriage and Famous artist!:p
Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by reximperatorx
This lady is certainly elegant but she is not a princess by any stretch of even Baron Munchausen's imagination...
Sorry, I do not know your roots, but I think she has more chances than you, or me, to be a Princess ..........
And where is the big deal ????????? She has blue blood, and she is not shaming anyone, by being greek and French princess (d'Orleans)
Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
is Princess and devine,Her Father is Prince,son of a Prince,Grandson of the first King of Greece!Her Mother is Princess by marriage and Famous artist!:p
You are absolutely RIGHT :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
They are a beautiful couple!:)
Yes, they are wonderfull' But they are many many many times ... cousins, too much cousins, it sounds very strange. They are close cousins from all sides of their families:o
Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
At least she is as beautiful as a princess:p
I think it's kind of immature for us Hellenes to discharge one of the so few royals with Greek blood of their titles
Grrek blood??? Danish, German, French, Russian, Spanish but not a drop of greek blood. As greeks were by default commoners, the royal blood was never allowed to be 'corrupted' by mixing it with a commoner's!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Olga will marry Aimone this summer very discretely. Point de Vue announced it this week.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Olga will marry Aimone this summer very discretely. Point de Vue announced it this week.
Did they mention where? And why discretely, is there a reason?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Did they mention where? And why discretely, is there a reason?
Unfortunately no. The discretion was the wish of bride and groom, I suppose.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Unfortunately no. The discretion was the wish of bride and groom, I suppose.
Too bad for us royalty junkies, but good for them. I do hope they'll release one or two pictures, though, they're such a striking couple together! Plus, even if it's a small affair, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll invite the creme de la creme of Euro royalty! Ah, a woman can hope..
Old 07-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Commoner

Any Date wedding ??
Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by owentjuh
Any Date wedding ??
I seriously doubt that we (the public) will be informed of the wedding date in advance. We'll probably find out after the whole affair takes place.

I mean Aimone's mother remarried for the third time in mid-June, and the PdV just found out rather recently (after the wedding had taken place).
Old 07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

bunte wrote that the wedding will never take place. it states that aimone lives in moscow with a male friend... anyone heard this rumours too??